• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Maybe Ben is part of the problem

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a Tomlin fan but Ben needs to keep his mouth shut. Now he is "massively frustrated" with Tomlin per MSN news: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...frustrated’-with-tomlin/ar-AAuP0X2?li=BBnb7Kz.

One of the secrets of succeeding at office politics is to keep your opinions of your boss to yourself, or at least not to those - newspapers, reporters, sports writers - who have no power to make any changes. Ben has always been a drama queen but he needs to take care of business. He has not always been without fault in some of the disasters this season.

Ok......so the two "sources" of this story are Collin Cowherd.......and Mike Florio. Can anyone on here think of two less credible sources on Planet Earth not to mention the two guys who LOVE to stir up **** more than anyone else on Earth? Me either. More than likely it's two ********* just being *********.

So it states Ben's been is tired of the lack of discipline. A bunch of boys. .....spot on. What us fans have been saying now for a while. And it does start with Tomlin. He has to make a change to get his players to change. Thanks Ben for getting the ball rolling.

Why should he keep his mouth shut. We all blamed Haley on the fourth down play and short yardage plays when in reality Tomlin made these decisions .Ben brought us back in how many games this year and call from sidelines. How many times did we all question short yardage plays the calls. More and more it comes out Tomlin and his ultimate decisions No play offs at all with out Ben making the plays that he gets zero respect for yet all the dancers in the end zone feel they are the hero's. .Time someone questions Tomlin's decision on this end of season. Defense gives up 45 yet he keeps Butler and all the defensive coaches.

So it states Ben's been is tired of the lack of discipline. A bunch of boys. .....spot on. What us fans have been saying now for a while. And it does start with Tomlin. He has to make a change to get his players to change. Thanks Ben for getting the ball rolling.

It might start with Tomlin but where are the players like we had in the past who were team leaders and held closed-door, player only meetings to address the lack of discipline and the need to focus? Airing your grievances to the public isn't the way to get the ball rolling.

Ben is talking way too much now with his weekly show. I agree with that. Not sure about him bashing Tomlin, though, just based on that comment that Cowherd references. Haley is the one that has openly stated he wouldn't run the QB sneak. I know Tomlin is ultimately in charge and has said, "that is why we have RB's" in reference to running the QB sneak. Either way, they MUST put the play in the play book so Ben can at least call it if he wants to.

It might start with Tomlin but where are the players like we had in the past who were team leaders and held closed-door, player only meetings to address the lack of discipline and the need to focus? Airing your grievances to the public isn't the way to get the ball rolling.

I remember them having those meetings in the past, and nothing has changed. And Tomlin has no problem publicly putting blame on players while accepting none himself, so why should the players? They're tired of the BS, just like many of us are.

Who is to say Rothlesberger hasn't tried, behind closed doors.???? Many players have said he (Ben) has had talks one on one yet they continue to do the things they do..... FRUSTRATING as hell I'd say. Maybe public speak is the ONLY way he actually gets a fraction of results and on top of that I think Ben has been diciplined on the amount of public speak he has given. You always see him holding himself accountable in the public eye and even when it isn't his accountability in question yet those in fault continue to be me me me me. So NO, in this case I don't buy into your diva media Ben accusation. Thank You Sir

Salute the nation

Not sure I believe it. But if true, can ya blame him?

Not sure I believe it. But if true, can ya blame him?

Who is to say Rothlesberger hasn't tried, behind closed doors.???? Many players have said he (Ben) has had talks one on one yet they continue to do the things they do..... FRUSTRATING as hell I'd say. Maybe public speak is the ONLY way he actually gets a fraction of results and on top of that I think Ben has been diciplined on the amount of public speak he has given. You always see him holding himself accountable in the public eye and even when it isn't his accountability in question yet those in fault continue to be me me me me. So NO, in this case I don't buy into your diva media Ben accusation. Thank You Sir

Salute the nation

Ben's opinion carries a lot of weight. He has earned respect here, and without him we can kiss the super bowl aspirations good bye.

If Ben wants Tomlin out as so do the minority owners, it should happen.

The entire organization is part of the problem...

However--Some stuff...you just keep in house...

No need for Ben to try to sway public opinion of whose to blame for the teams shortcomings..

He should use that energy to change the teams culture and address the reasons for their obvious lack pf preparation and focus with his teammates and coaches, and not use it as fodder on his radio show.
Be part of the solution and not part of the problem..

thats what leaders do..

Last edited:
So now Ben is responsible for the head coache's responsibilities? Unbelievable. And yes, I do think there is a need for Ben to try to sway public opinion. He's interested in getting another championship before he's done. And if he sees the coach as a hinderance to that, and nothing has changed, he has every right to speak up.

The entire organization is part of the problem...

However--Some stuff...you just keep in house...

No need for Ben to try to sway public opinion of whose to blame for the teams shortcomings..

He should use that energy to change the teams culture and address the reasons for their obvious lack pf preparation and focus with his teammates and coaches, and not use it as fodder on his radio show.
Be part of the solution and not part of the problem..

thats what leaders do..

As someone said earlier, how do you know he hasn't tried to address these frustrating, repeated maturity issues "in-house"?

As someone said earlier, how do you know he hasn't tried to address these frustrating, repeated maturity issues "in-house"?

I hope he has before going public...

If he has...Great...
But even with that...I would be careful how I communicate about the organizations challenges as a public persona..

Of course he is part of the problem....NO ONE IS EXEMPT...

This team has underachieved....It starts and ends with leadership and he is the QB and the team leader....

We just lost in the playoffs when the team was 13-3 and had virtually everyone healthy. I'm sensing frustration but to say so and so is part of the problem is just finger pointing. Haley did not get brought back going into next year. He's your fall guy for the team. Yes we all want to go back and change those 4th and 1 plays and maybe a few other things but this continuous finger pointing ain't getting us anywhere.

Time for the season to play itself out for those remaining and then we are staring at the pure offseason. Start of new league year, combine and draft, free agency, etc, etc until this ***** fires back up in Latrobe this summer.

I see they Cowherd and Florio have hit their "target" audience, just as planned. You people are too easy.

So have AV, DeCastro, and some other Steelers.

Yeah, let’s get rid of Ben. Keep the whole coaching staff, guarantee they’ll win a SB next year with Landry at QB.
Ben is what keeps this team afloat most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk