• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mendenhall blames racism

Stewey

Reaction score
This has subject matter that relevant to both this forum and the PandR.
Mods move if you deem it proper.

Here we go again with this $hit.

Rashard Mendenhall is right in that not enough blame ever goes to Ben.
When Ben ***** up, we always take the "keep your chin up Ben, no worries, you'll do better next time" approach.
But he's completely wrong here:

"If we win the game and our quarterback's so great, then if we lose this game, like in the Super Bowl, how's it on me? It's me cuz I lost the ball?
'N**** didn't hold onto the ball?'"

Man, what a douchebag. There's real racism in the world, not many would deny that. But for those that try to claim its existence to where it isn't, I have no time for such nonsense. And it hurts the real battle against racism to make things worse. I didn't like "spin-and-fall" much as a player but as a person, I thought he was all right. I didn't even mind some of his "conspiracy theory" stuff. But now he just seems like a douche, big time. If you don't want to jump on the Big Ben bandwagon, then that's your right; Lord knows Ben hasn't been the perfect teammate, even beyond his womanizing, drinking and motorcycle accident. But to attempt to diminish him as a player, citing racism is weak and shallow.

What I remember about the game is we were driving to score & had all the momentum...Then the ball hit the turf...

I also seem to remember we had the ball with plenty of time for a game winning drive & we went 4 and out...

Mendy didn't lose the game & Ben didn't win the game...

Man if Ben drove us for the game winning drive his legacy would be so different...But he didn't

We lost, we didn't win, it's over...Let it go bro

Ben got called out plenty. Soooo plenty. There were legit times (crazy) fans were calling for Ben to be cut or traded. BUT, did he get as much as he could or should have? No. Why? He was a cornerstone cog in the machine, a Super Bowl winning QB that won us MANY games over we wouldn’t without him. Ben’s upside dwarfedhis downside.

Why does spin-then-fall get more blame. He is none of what Ben was and lacked the passion to play on top of it.

There are plenty of real world things to point out racism on, this is not REMOTELY one of them. STFU.

Comments like the one pasted below make no sense either. Fans and the Steelers org wanted Bell. They offered him a hugely reasonable deal to stay in a system that catered to him. He chose to move on, there was no sign of racism in any of that. Bell even admitted he made the wrong choice. But Mendenhall needed another running back, a great one, to try to prove he was wronged in his situation.

Mendenhall is a pretty good writer, liked the football show with the Rock he worked on. Watched it a couple of times. He is definitely a smart dude.

"Whenever we doing great, 'The quarterback's amazing, he's awesome.' Whenever we struggling, 'Fire Tomlin, oh Le'Veon [Bell].' Every time it's not going well, are we a team or not? When we lose, certain people are shielded from the loss and then everybody and anybody else taking the blame happens to look like us a lot of the time."

He is smart, but maybe not emotionally smart enough to just let it go. He should not be blamed for the loss, it was a team loss. But he cannot seem to take a deep breath and just move on. How is him still worrying about making his life better? I was disappointed in the loss, but we watched in at a bar in Virgin Gorda in the BVI - so as soon as we got back outside to the wonderful sunshine, it was over in my mind. I was surprised at how many of the locals were Stiller fans!!

What I remember about the game is we were driving to score & had all the momentum...Then the ball hit the turf...

I also seem to remember we had the ball with plenty of time for a game winning drive & we went 4 and out...

Man if Ben drove us for the game winning drive his legacy would be so different...But he didn't

Here's what remember about that game. Our heroes entered the game with down looks on their faces. The Pack was high as a kite. Seems that both teams were told something before the game. They were playing against a depleted Packers secondary which Ben should have shredded. Ben threw a pick-6 in the 1st quarter. We were down 21-10 at the half. We held them to 10 in the second half while we half-assed 15. On the last drive Ben was fixated on Wallace. Their entire defense and several dozen fans blanketed Wallace. Ben threw to him 4 times and it was over. In the meantime Heath had set up a 3 Card Monty table at midfield but Ben didn't see him. Right? Back to the down faces. The outcome was known. Mendenhall, however misguided he is, did not loose that game. And if that was an actual game, Ben would own it.

One point I forgot regarding Mendy's racism comments. It isn't even possible to be both a racist and a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's incongruent.

For those wondering, check the 2010 AFCCG vs the Jets, and one of the final kneel downs……….
I wonder what the Steeler player leaning forward could be saying to Mendy.
Could that be Heath?

mendenhump.gif

He would have another SB but not sure about his legacy. What Ben has on his side is Eli Manning. Manning went a year before Ben. I'm assuming Manning being a Manning will be first ballot. Ben has him on stats and an extra Conference championship.

I think he didn’t let it go. He’s still complaining about it