• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mendenhall blames racism

"If we win the game and our quarterback's so great, then if we lose this game, like in the Super Bowl, how's it on me? It's me cuz I lost the ball?
'N**** didn't hold onto the ball?'"
Well, that definitely didn't help. But I have and always will blame Chris Kemoeatu for getting thrown like a rag doll by a career backup Howard Green into Ben Roethlisberger which took a 93 yard touch down to a WIDE open Mike Wallace to a pick six(7) for the Pack. That was a 14 point swing. I would have cut his worthless *** at the half. Our backup Doug Legursky held his own to BJ Raji all game and didn't allow any sacks or pressure. But our starting LG gets blown up by a backup. That 14 point swing was the difference in the game.

Well, that definitely didn't help. But I have and always will blame Chris Kemoeatu for getting thrown like a rag doll by a career backup Howard Green into Ben Roethlisberger which took a 93 yard touch down to a WIDE open Mike Wallace to a pick six(7) for the Pack. That was a 14 point swing. I would have cut his worthless *** at the half. Our backup Doug Legursky held his own to BJ Raji all game and didn't allow any sacks or pressure. But our starting LG gets blown up by a backup. That 14 point swing was the difference in the game.
A lot of people like to just ignore that and blame the INT on Ben. They like to pretend Ben had all day to throw during his SBs when it was actually the total opposite. Ben won 1 and made it to another SB with maybe 2 of the worst OLs in SB history. The 2005 SB's OL was good.

A lot of people like to just ignore that and blame the INT on Ben. They like to pretend Ben had all day to throw during his SBs when it was actually the total opposite. Ben won 1 and made it to another SB with maybe 2 of the worst OLs in SB history. The 2005 SB's OL was good.
Yep, from snap to throw was less than 3 seconds and Ben pumped the safety to hold Collins to the middle. But because he was hit as he threw he drastically under threw it. Wallace had a step on Tramon Williams and if Ben gets to step into that throw it changes the dynamic of that game completely. Even if it is an incomplete it changes it.

I never blamed Mendenhall for that fumble in the first place. He got blasted by 2 guys, 3 yards behind the LOS and lost the ball. Looked like he got a shoulderpad to each elbow from different directions at the same time. Good luck hanging on to whatever you're carrying if that happens to you. Look it up, it's easy enough to find the video.

He was a good running back behind a not so good line. Sounds way too familiar.

That said... I can't and won't defend his outrageous nonsense he's spewing now.

I never blamed Mendenhall for that fumble in the first place. He got blasted by 2 guys, 3 yards behind the LOS and lost the ball. Looked like he got a shoulderpad to each elbow from different directions at the same time. Good luck hanging on to whatever you're carrying if that happens to you. Look it up, it's easy enough to find the video.

He was a good running back behind a not so good line. Sounds way too familiar.

That said... I can't and won't defend his outrageous nonsense he's spewing now.
Fully agree Jim. Their players made plays. Mathews and another guy hit him instantly from each side. This was first play 4th Quarter,they still had time to catch up. He also scored a nice td. I’ve never blamed him for that loss.

The week before Against the Jets he had over 120 yards and a TD to carry us into the SB. Incidentally Ben was 10-19 for 133 yds with 2 int’s. For a 35.5 rating. And gave up a safety. William Gay had that Fumble TD.

21 points on 3 turnovers is what lost the SB. While Rodgers and GB didn’t turn the ball over. Green Bay had a ton of dropped passes as well. Huge drops. Ben did get hit on the first int,the second int was horrible. And yet we were still in it till the bitter end. That FG Shaun Suisham missed was big as well.
That last 5 and out was the most disappointing drive I’ve witnessed as a Steelers fan.

This being said,I wish he would keep race out of this. Ben has had a ton of criticism as well in his career and for that game. Obviously whenever GB plays The Steelers,Mendenhall’s name must come up with the media,and is extremely bitter about his treatment in the forums and press. I wish he would let it go.....but of course it’s his right of expression.

I blame the Irish… its always our fault…after all, he only fumbled because a sneaky leprechaun drunkenly chucked a potato at his head…

Seriously though, I never blamed Mendenhall or Ben..I definitely blamed arians and the oline more than either of them

Hey Rashard, we blamed the white boy Neil O'Donnell for losing the SB to the Cowboys, not the black WR who ran the wrong route.
What are your thoughts on that?
Holy **** 17 "likes"!
Is that a record?
At this rate I'll have every member giving a thumbs up on this post.

Well, almost every member.
C'mon Bermuda, don't be a stranger! lol

Last edited:
On the last drive Ben was fixated on Wallace. Their entire defense and several dozen fans blanketed Wallace. Ben threw to him 4 times and it was over.

100% true. He tried to replicate the 2008 outcome where he completed 4 of 5 passes to Holmes for 69 yards and the go-ahead TD.

In the meantime Heath had set up a 3 Card Monty table at midfield but Ben didn't see him.

This is also true. On the 4th down attempt, Miller was more open than any receiver in the NFL can expect. If Ben had looked his way and completed the pass, the announcers would have harped on the "blown coverage."

I blame the Irish… its always our fault…after all, he only fumbled because a sneaky leprechaun drunkenly chucked a potato at his head…

Seriously though, I never blamed Mendenhall or Ben..I definitely blamed arians and the oline more than either of them.

I was just watching the pivot with Fred Taylor and Ryan Clark. I hope the fans ease up on Mendenhall. Some people just don't take criticism well and I could tell he was mentally frustrated. He needs to not lock into social media. Because he won't win that face off. Fans will come at him. Learn to deal with it better or get off social media. In the past I felt he said some really stupid ****. But to go at this guy when you know he is unbalanced isn't cool.

I won't ever say anything to him regardless if he says something that deserves criticism. As I know he has a hard time keeping it together. I would rather say nothing than break him.

I hope he works through these demons. I have empathy for him. I don't like to see people mentally struggle. I hope he is going to be ok.

He's a victim, and you all know it.
Well there is something off with him. I watched the whole interview. He just stops talking and stares off into space at times. He talks about crashing his car with his wife and kids in it...I mean it's all good for fans like us to talk crap about these guys, but these are human beings and some are more sensitive than others.

You can see this ongoing cyber bullying has affected him. I now see his Bin Laden and racial comments in a new light, I'm thinking now he said those things to try to inflict hurt back on the "type" of fan that hurls this garbage at him every day of his life. Not saying he's a saint, just saying I understand. I've never blamed him for the loss as our QB gave the Packers 6 points that I recall early in the game as well... it's a team sport to blame it all on one player then persecute them endlessly over it is really messed up.

Well there is something off with him. I watched the whole interview. He just stops talking and stares off into space at times. He talks about crashing his car with his wife and kids in it...I mean it's all good for fans like us to talk crap about these guys, but these are human beings and some are more sensitive than others.

You can see this ongoing cyber bullying has affected him. I now see his Bin Laden and racial comments in a new light, I'm thinking now he said those things to try to inflict hurt back on the "type" of fan that hurls this garbage at him every day of his life. Not saying he's a saint, just saying I understand. I've never blamed him for the loss as our QB gave the Packers 6 points that I recall early in the game as well... it's a team sport to blame it all on one player then persecute them endlessly over it is really messed up.
Kind of puts social media in perspective as well. What people should be saying to these athletes and stars, etc.

They should stop and think about what they are saying and what impact it will have.

Kind of puts social media in perspective as well. What people should be saying to these athletes and stars, etc.

They should stop and think about what they are saying and what impact it will have.
I talk crap aboutTomlin, but in his case the responsibility is all on him..he's the head coach and the product reflects his leadership. Besides being an older dude I doubt he does social media or has someone do it for him. Either we he's so arrogant I doubt he cares.

I talk crap aboutTomlin, but in his case the responsibility is all on him..he's the head coach and the product reflects his leadership. Besides being an older dude I doubt he does social media or has someone do it for him. Either we he's so arrogant I doubt he cares.

About two to three years ago, some of us here were making fun of his “Tomlinisms”, making up new ones, ect…….

Low and behold, he used a couple of them…………. YES, someone is running his internet scrolling.

Salute the nation

Why should anyone care or give credence to anything this guy says?
His moment in the spotlight has come and gone.
We do it with Ben.... And Mendenhall is right about one thing, we give Ben all kinds of passes on stuff in his past private life and even more so for his on field screw ups. Other people don't get that luxury...for whatever reason.

Reactions: MTC

I agree on Ben sucking. Has nothing to do with idiotic claims of racism where none exists.

In the words of Candice Owens "Get a hard hat."

We do it with Ben.... And Mendenhall is right about one thing, we give Ben all kinds of passes on stuff in his past private life and even more so for his on field screw ups. Other people don't get that luxury...for whatever reason.
I wrote that wrong..Mendenhall did not say we give passes to Ben in his private life etc. I'm saying that. Just an observation.

Mendenhall said Ben gets a pass for his on field mess ups.

I wrote that wrong..Mendenhall did not say we give passes to Ben in his private life etc. I'm saying that. Just an observation.

Mendenhall said Ben gets a pass for his on field mess ups.
Well, he produced for a long time, and was a benefit more than not.

I agree on Ben sucking. Has nothing to do with idiotic claims of racism where none exists.

Candace Owens dad and her sued some school when she was young because of "racial harassment"..... Now she's on the other side, in other words it doesn't exist. She's not a good example for anything but being slimy dude.

She's just a grifter, and not even competent at it.

And I think Mendenhall was referring in to being called the N word on social media in the past..so yeah if you want to say it doesn't exist I don't know what to tell you.

I talk crap about Tomlin, but in his case the responsibility is all on him..he's the head coach and the product reflects his leadership. Besides being an older dude I doubt he does social media or has someone do it for him. Either we he's so arrogant I doubt he cares.
You go to his social media or you do it here? On their social media we might not think that is a big deal but we never live in their heads.😉

And I think Mendenhall was referring in to being called the N word on social media in the past..so yeah if you want to say it doesn't exist I don't know what to tell you.
I didn't hear a direct reference by him to that. If I missed it, apologies. I know it happened. But, he needs to understand that idiots will always be with us, and most people of all colors deplore it.

Still, to use a broad brush like he did messes up the situation.

He still needs a hard hat. Life has ugly stupid. All "races" get treated.like that from time to time.