• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Michael Bennett must be absolutely retarded

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lin-kaepernick-first-step-moving-ahead-owners

RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett said that before NFL players and the league can move forward with their conversations about working together on social causes, the issue of Colin Kaepernick's unemployment must be addressed.

"I think the first step to even being able to even have a conversation is making sure that Colin Kaepernick gets an opportunity to play in the NFL," Bennett said Wednesday. "I think before we even negotiate anything about whether we sit, whether we stand [during the national anthem], it should be a negotiation about opening up the doors for Colin Kaepernick and giving him an opportunity again, because I feel like through everything, that's been lost.

"All of us are having an opportunity to be able to speak to our employers, but to think about the guy who started everything not to be able to have a voice at this moment, it just doesn't seem very right to me."

Bennett said he spoke with some of the players who attended the NFL meetings on Tuesday in New York; he was unable to be there because the Seahawks were practicing that day. Kaepernick was brought up during the meetings, according to Bennett, but there wasn't much discussion about him.

"I don't think we can work alongside of them until we address that issue," Bennett said. "I think the issue with Kaepernick is the start to a conversation. If they want us to be open to what they want, the dialogue, then that's something that needs to be on the table right there."

Bennett and many other players, including Seahawks teammate Richard Sherman, believe that Kaepernick has remained unsigned because of his decision not to stand for the national anthem last season, while he was with the San Francisco 49ers.

"If you look at the quarterbacks playing in the NFL right now, out of the backups, I can't name one better than him," Bennett said.

=====================================

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eting-with-nfl-owners/?utm_term=.63ac62def156

NEW YORK — Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was asked by fellow players to attend Tuesday’s meeting with NFL owners about issues related to players’ protests during the national anthem, according to one player and Kaepernick’s legal representatives.

Kaepernick was not on hand as players met with owners for approximately four hours at the league’s offices, however. Afterward, Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins was asked about Kaepernick not being invited.

“He was invited, actually,” Jenkins said. “He was invited.”

Asked why Kaepernick did not attend, Jenkins said: “I don’t know. I can’t answer that question.”

====================================

****** kinda has to sorta ******* show up for conversations, right?

Why didn't Kap attend? Because he's suing the league and his lawyer probably told him not to go..He chose himself over his allegedly beloved cause.

Bennett is smart to demand things. Why not? Goodell is so weak he caves in on everything. He's already conceded that NFL employees have the right to protest while on the job. Players may as well demand owners pay their taxes for them too while they're at it. I'd just keep demanding **** until Goodell finally says no.

That's just nuts. They're really heading for a nice little vacation when the CBA ends. You may as well chisel that in stone.

He doesn't deserve to play just because he's a minority. What the hell?

who said that?

I forget. Sharpton? Maybe. Why do these proponents of Kap obtaining a qb position list this as part of the movement objectives? I don't feel his play merits the strong feelings that people are having regarding his continued unemployment.

What's funny is Uber liberal Seattle brought him in and didn't sign him. Truth is guy isn't that good and he wants starter money.

He was 1-10 before getting benched by the 49ers. That's why he doesn't have a job. If you want to play in the NFL and be a huge distraction and locker room cancer you first have to be a star caliber player.

I'm so tired about hearing about lying *** Michael Bennett and the mediocre QB Colin Kaepernick. Maybe the lying dumbass can have his team to sign CK as a his personal jockstrap holder if he wants him to have a job so badly.

I'm so tired about hearing about lying *** Michael Bennett and the mediocre QB Colin Kaepernick. Maybe the lying dumbass can have his team to sign CK as a his personal jockstrap holder if he wants him to have a job so badly.

as said before, the Seahawks had Kaep in for a workout earlier this season. Apparently they didnt like what he has to offer for the price tag.

as said before, the Seahawks had Kaep in for a workout earlier this season. Apparently they didnt like what he has to offer for the price tag.

Yes, I read that part, but thought since he is not much of a QB, Bennett could find a more useful job for the 1-10 QB.

Bennett is a lying sack of **** attention *****. I wish to God those Vegas cops would sue his *** for slander and take him for everything he has.

Oh damn I forgot it was this guy who pulled that bs in Vegas. What a dirtbag. I do hope they sue him. They absolutely should.

Any team that takes on this looser will lose at least half of their fans.

I am not even sure it has to do with his ability to play football. I mean Bennett is right about Kap being more talented than a lot of the current back ups. it is the baggage that he would bring to a team. way to much of a distraction. if I am a head coach and get asked about signing Kap that is exactly what I would say.... the guy is way to much of a distraction for anyone to even consider signing him despite his talent.

He's a ****** quarterback and an even shittier person. What owner in their right mind would ever want that piece of **** on their team? Tomlin probably wants him.

He's a ****** quarterback and an even shittier person. What owner in their right mind would ever want that piece of **** on their team? Tomlin probably wants him.

I don't think CMT even wants that ball of mess. He got a ton of crap for Vick.

I guess people have just forgotten that he's a rotten QB.

Guy had a 59.2 completion percentage, threw for over 2200 yards with 16 TD and 4 int on a really ****** Niners team. Guys is an ******* no doubt about it. But he truly is better than about half the QB's in the NFL and certainly worth back up money.

As stated above, it is the baggage he brings. Plus, any team that signs him is asking for a PR nightmare from it's fans. Except the Packers. Their fans want the team to sign him.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/17/us/kaepernick-petition-packers-trnd/index.html

Guy had a 59.2 completion percentage, threw for over 2200 yards with 16 TD and 4 int on a really ****** Niners team. Guys is an ******* no doubt about it. But he truly is better than about half the QB's in the NFL and certainly worth back up money.

As stated above, it is the baggage he brings. Plus, any team that signs him is asking for a PR nightmare from it's fans. Except the Packers. Their fans want the team to sign him.

Sarge, you really need to stop watching Fake News CNN.

Green Bay Packers Fans Will Revolt If The Team Signs Colin Kaepernick
Photo of David Hookstead
DAVID HOOKSTEAD
Reporter
8:12 AM 10/16/2017
The state of Wisconsin might burn to the ground if the Green Bay Packers sign Colin Kaepernick to replace injured Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers is probably out for the rest of the season with a broken collarbone, and the worst thing the organization could do is bring in Kaepernick. Giving him a workout alone will cause fans to freak out.

I grew up in Wisconsin, everybody I know back home is a huge fan and some of them even own part of the team. There wasn’t a single one of them that was in favor of giving Kaepernick a look.

“I will never watch a game the rest of my life,” one person I’m close with who is a massive fan responded when I asked about the speculation the team might be interested in the former 49ers quarterback.

Some other people told me much worse things that I could never publish on the internet.

I threw out a poll to my Twitter followers on what the Packers should do, and nearly 80 percent of voters want nothing to do with Kap.

Under 60% is terrible in today’s game. And don’t forget that the flip side of playing on a bad team is having lots of pass attempts against loose prevent defenses. Kap wasn’t good. He just wasn’t bad either. His main problem is all the plays he doesn’t make. That doesn’t show up on a stat sheet.

There are lots of time he scrambles for a short gain or runs around and completes a 10 yard pass and it seems like he made a good play but of you watch the tape, he had a guy open for a big gain and didn’t see him. That happens a lot with Kap. Way too often for a veteran. That is the main reason why he doesn’t have a job. Same as RG3.

The NFL is a business. If people don't like the guy and don't want to watch him play, for whatever reason, he'll be out of a job. You can take your stand but you can't force people to accept you. Kathy Griffin will probably never work again and no one is out there screaming that she is owed a job because of free speech rights. Fact is no one wants to watch her do anything.

Are there worse QBs playing? Sure, but that's not the standard. Because of the situation that he himself created, he has to be so great that people are willing to look past the fact that they hate him personally. They hate that he brought politics into the game, they hate his disrespect of police, they hate his dishonoring of the flag and all that they feel it represents.

He's pretty good, but he just isn't good enough to overcome that.