• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mid-terms 2014

Even the WVa State House went republican. Huge day. Unfortunately that butt plug Mitch McConnell is going to be majority leader, and help us squander this thing. I wish the republicans would grow some balls and elect a conservative speaker, but I fear that they will heed outgoing speakers self serving spin that the message is that Americans "want us to work together". I can't believe that weirdo McConnell is going to be the face of the republican leadership. Ugh.

It boggles the mind...

franken_diaper.jpg

Thankfully he and his fellowship have been relegated to irrelevance.
Brought to you by the same people that elected a Muslim and a professional wrestler.

glad the Dems can't actively destroy the country for a few years but don't expect the Reps to do much. They won't want to rock the boat for 2016.

Apparently the fake "war on women" is over because it blew up wherever it was tried as a major campaign theme.

Actively destroying the country? Little dramatic don't you think?

Looks like Brownback won governor here. Yay. Pat Roberts won here too. Double yay.

Since Republicans now control both the House and Senate, can anyone here elaborate on what their strategy is for improving the lives of the average American citizen? What is the plan to help struggling families? To make healthcare more affordable? To facilitate the creation of decent paying jobs so that people can get off welfare, unemployment, food stamps, etc.? To bring our manufacturing jobs back to this country? I know I'm going to get called everything but a white man for posing these questions by many of you, but everyone seems to be jumping for joy that we have the GOP controlling the Congress. I'm assuming it's because all of you have intimate knowledge of all the wonderful things they are going to do to solve the most pressing problems we face as a country. Please enlighten me as to what they are so I can be just as excited too.

Since Republicans now control both the House and Senate, can anyone here elaborate on what their strategy is for improving the lives of the average American citizen? What is the plan to help struggling families? To make healthcare more affordable? To facilitate the creation of decent paying jobs so that people can get off welfare, unemployment, food stamps, etc.? To bring our manufacturing jobs back to this country? I know I'm going to get called everything but a white man for posing these questions by many of you, but everyone seems to be jumping for joy that we have the GOP controlling the Congress. I'm assuming it's because all of you have intimate knowledge of all the wonderful things they are going to do to solve the most pressing problems we face as a country. Please enlighten me as to what they are so I can be just as excited too.

I expect that, overall, the American people will continue to get ******, just more lube will be used and the lube will be flavored a bit differently.

Since Republicans now control both the House and Senate, can anyone here elaborate on what their strategy is for improving the lives of the average American citizen? What is the plan to help struggling families? To make healthcare more affordable? To facilitate the creation of decent paying jobs so that people can get off welfare, unemployment, food stamps, etc.? To bring our manufacturing jobs back to this country? I know I'm going to get called everything but a white man for posing these questions by many of you, but everyone seems to be jumping for joy that we have the GOP controlling the Congress. I'm assuming it's because all of you have intimate knowledge of all the wonderful things they are going to do to solve the most pressing problems we face as a country. Please enlighten me as to what they are so I can be just as excited.

Can put many bills on Obama's desk. Border securing, keystone pipeline, corporate tax reform. The question is will obama be able to compromise or will he pout?

Can put many bills on Obama's desk. Border securing, keystone pipeline, corporate tax reform. The question is will obama be able to compromise or will he pout?

If I remember correctly, the House has passed several border bills as individual bills rather than "comprehensive reforms" as people seem to insist must be passed. "comprehensive" in this case means "confusing enough that it doesn't mean anything, allows Dems to get everything they want and has plenty of pork to pay off 'yes' votes". On something this big, it should be done piecemeal. First, pass border security and put the teeth back into the laws we already have, i.e. enforce them. Once we actually have that, then talk about some "pathway to citizenship" bull ****, but in a very limited scope.

Anyone that passes both expecting ANY administration to carry through on the border security when the administration already getting everything they want is just dumb. Or worse, put some bullshit measurements in the bill, but let the administration determine and shuffle the chairs to meet the 'requirements".

Make em squeal!

GOP rout a referendum... on Obama

The Republican rout sweeping Democrats out of power in Congress effectively sends Barack Obama’s presidency to a screeching halt and drastically alters the political landscape — including the 2016 White House battle.

Obama had said he wanted the election to be a referendum on his policies, and it was — much to the dismay of the president and fellow Democrats. Republicans rolled up U.S. Senate wins in places like Iowa, Virginia, West Virginia and Arkansas, kicking Democrats and Harry Reid out of their majority perch.

This was a personally devastating blow for Obama, whose low approval ratings appeared to be a big reason for Democratic losses, and he will likely get much of the blame from his own party for the poor showing. Voters sent a clear signal they were unhappy with Obama and Democratic incumbents in general.

https://www.bostonherald.com/news_o.../11/battenfeld_gop_rout_a_referendum_on_obama

---------------------

BWAhahahahahahah!

ny-post-nov5.jpg

This election was a rejection of the ineptitude that is the Democratic Party. It is not a love letter to the Republicans. The Libertarian Party has a golden opportunity here to gain ground, if they plan well , and get there PR machine cranked up.

We'll let you know after we pass it.

@RWSurferGirl 8h8 hours ago
Breaking: Someone was just seen running across the White House lawn and Jumping over the fence to leave.

Personally, I don't depend on govt's help to improve my life. I've always done that myself by hard work and keeping out of trouble. The only thing we need is, govt to get the **** out of the way so my hard work actually pays off for me and my family.

This election was a rejection of the ineptitude that is the Democratic Party. It is not a love letter to the Republicans. The Libertarian Party has a golden opportunity here to gain ground, if they plan well , and get there PR machine cranked up.

Next election cycle I don't think the two major parties will be able to keep the Libertarians out of the debates. Once that happens the flood gates will open and the MSM will not be able to ignore the Libertarian Party any longer.

Overjoyed, I am not. Maybe a bit relieved that the country hasn't gone as far wacko leftist as I thought, never to swing back again. Happy that the "War on Women" crap seems to have played itself out. Do I think anything significant will be accomplished, especially with Bammy in office? Not really. Just a little more chance at stopping some of the bleeding.

Personally, I don't depend on govt's help to improve my life. I've always done that myself by hard work and keeping out of trouble. The only thing we need is, govt to get the **** out of the way so my hard work actually pays off for me and my family.

Working is racist.

How's that ball check feel, libtards? That's what you ******* commies get!

How long will it take to overturn Commiecare?

It cracks me up that my county went completely Republican except for Wolf. I mean, I'm no huge fan of Corbett, but how does someone who votes Republican vote for a guy who wants to hike sales tax, hike income tax, massively increase spending, is for big time gun regs, and a huge supporter of unions. Out of the frying pan into the fire. Thankfully with an even stronger GOP legislature he won't get very far.

The first thing you try to do when you are getting hit in the head is to make it stop. Obama and his democrats have made every one of your metrics worse. Explaining how conservative policies will improve them beyond that requires that you to agree that the we spend money much more efficiently than the government, the government doesn't create anything, and the free market is a good thing. So, not gonna waste my time with you on that.

A very happy camper today. Maybe we can get the several HUNDRED bills sitting on Harry "see yah *******" Reids desk moving along now so his grace, the king golfer in chief can veto them...:)

When Dems win the media tells us it's a "mandate" that they should push through their agenda and steamroll Republicans, The Constitution, whatever gets in the way.

Republicans win and it means the people just want a compromise and everyone to work together so the Republicans better get busy caving in to Dems because that is why they were elected. They really want what the Dems are selling, just maybe not so much of it, so the Reps are only there to hold the Dems back just a tiny bit.

I'd like the new Congress to roll into DC like the Visigoths sacking Rome and dismantle the EPA, NEA, the ACA and a multitude of other initials all while completely shunning Obama and all the D's. But you're probably right.

Actively destroying the country? Little dramatic don't you think?

Perfectly apt imo.

The first thing you try to do when you are getting hit in the head is to make it stop. Obama and his democrats have made every one of your metrics worse. Explaining how conservative policies will improve them beyond that requires that you to agree that the we spend money much more efficiently than the government, the government doesn't create anything, and the free market is a good thing. So, not gonna waste my time with you on that.

Can't answer it any better.

Glad we finally won that war on women.

Today is V V Day!

Quote Originally Posted by RollRedRoll

The Libs have bin workin' on the destruction of all that is traditional and Constitutionally protected with this Country for 6 years and now you want answers on how the newly elected Right is going to fix it all 2 months before they even take office. It would have been nice if someone had been that diligent with that Muslim prick's " fundamental change" program.

Don't forget DC legalized recreational MJ - so members of Congress can buy weed now - that might help

Don't forget DC legalized recreational MJ - so members of Congress can buy weed now - that might help

are you suggesting they should get high then commit a strongarm robbery then attempt to take a cops gun and then get shot while not running away from the cop?