• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mid-terms 2014

Don't forget DC legalized recreational MJ - so members of Congress can buy weed now - that might help

We did that in Oregon as well. The problem is that by the time everyone gets done adding their taxes to it nobody will be able to afford it. LOL

It cracks me up that my county went completely Republican except for Wolf. I mean, I'm no huge fan of Corbett, but how does someone who votes Republican vote for a guy who wants to hike sales tax, hike income tax, massively increase spending, is for big time gun regs, and a huge supporter of unions. Out of the frying pan into the fire. Thankfully with an even stronger GOP legislature he won't get very far.

As an Independant i am hoping that this election smackdown coupled with the republican legislature will keep Wolf in check. Nationwide results like this tend to move the losing party toward the center and the winning party to the extremes. Corbett was a failure IMO and needed to go.

President Obama seems to be refusing to accept responsibility. this could get ugly for everyone. There is an outside chance the country is going to see civil wars in both the Repub and Dem parties. The repubs have to show they can play the moderate side despite having a clear majority in both the house and senate to keep the middle for 2016. heck they may need to woo the disenfranchised moderate dems a bit and that isnt going to be easy if there is a divide between the ultra conservatives and the current party agenda that got them this win... on the other side the Dems almost certainly have to restructure their party going into 2016 and that could well lead to a leadership in direct conflict with a sitting president's agenda. that could get real messy real quick.

President Obama seems to be refusing to accept responsibility. this could get ugly for everyone. There is an outside chance the country is going to see civil wars in both the Repub and Dem parties. The repubs have to show they can play the moderate side despite having a clear majority in both the house and senate to keep the middle for 2016. heck they may need to woo the disenfranchised moderate dems a bit and that isnt going to be easy if there is a divide between the ultra conservatives and the current party agenda that got them this win... on the other side the Dems almost certainly have to restructure their party going into 2016 and that could well lead to a leadership in direct conflict with a sitting president's agenda. that could get real messy real quick.

I would think the Dems highly consider sacking their current leaders....Reid and Pelosi (along with O) are the face of this mess on the blue side. My whole deal voting straight R was the bullshit Reid not bringing a single Republican bill to vote in the Senate. To me, that's criminal.

I think Obama will have a "scorched earth" policy these last two years. Starting with exective amnesty.

would now be a good time to question the validity of all these birth certificate theories?

Don't forget DC legalized recreational MJ - so members of Congress can buy weed now - that might help

are you suggesting they should get high then commit a strongarm robbery then attempt to take a cops gun and then get shot while not running away from the cop?

not quite, I meant that since they can buy their own weed now they don't need to spend millions for lobbyists to get it for them

they might actually get some work done,

I can't believe you hicks didn't listen to what I said

YOUR NEXT PRESIDENT- Joni Ernst!

She has gone viral - she's a rock star now ... in a year she'll be bigger than Obama was

"We did it, we're heading to Washington....and WE ARE GOING TO MAKE EM SQUEAL!"

Glad Kay Hagan lost in NC. She's a giant pile of ****, giving her husband's company huge govt projects. SC kicked ***. Love Haley, Scott is promising. Not a big Graham fan but oh well.

We did that in Oregon as well. The problem is that by the time everyone gets done adding their taxes to it nobody will be able to afford it. LOL

no - that was medical marijuana, govt controlled - they now have the same deal as Colorado and Washington - it's cheaper when it's pure capitalism

The repubs have to show they can play the moderate side despite having a clear majority in both the house and senate to keep the middle for 2016. heck they may need to woo the disenfranchised moderate dems a bit and that isnt going to be easy if there is a divide between the ultra conservatives and the current party agenda that got them this win...

The pubbies need to listen to what they were told yesterday. They weren't swept in to be moderate. They were told to box in the criminal that occupies the White House and save the Republic.

They have hundreds of passed bills stacked up that were killed by the criminal that ran the Senate. They need to push those through the Senate like a machine. They can make a few quick moves that will show dramatic results to the folks at home - Keystone and tax reform would impact the economy immediately. Repatriating $2T would right (no pun) the fiscal ship and get piles of capital back into the economy. They could turn the economy white hot in a year. Just simply do those things and forget the rhetoric. Everything will fall into place for them. Then they can kill obamacare. What is anybody going to say at that point?

They also need to kill ANY mumbling of impeachment. Impeach the criminal through legislative action and it's positive impact on the Republic. Let him stew in his own juices as the Republic ignores him. That is hell to a narcissist.

@#$% "moderate". Being "moderate" is what marginalized pubbies in the first place. Nobody that won yesterday won with a "moderate" message.

would now be a good time to question the validity of all these birth certificate theories?

Indeed. Another log on the IRS, Bengazi, F&F (etc, etc, etc) fire. They need to go quietly about those procedures and prosecute to the letter of the law. If something leads to impeachment, so be it. It isn't political at that point.

Last edited:
no - that was medical marijuana, govt controlled - they now have the same deal as Colorado and Washington - it's cheaper when it's pure capitalism

They just passed a 10% city tax and a 10% county tax for recreational marijuana. And it's not only Grants Pass and Josephine county but it's being done by other cities and counties in Oregon as well. They passed these taxes before the law was passed because there I'd a stipulation in the bill that prohibs these taxes. So now they're hoping the state will let them keep the taxes in place because they ate grandfathered. LOL

Another log on the IRS, Bengazi, F&F (etc, etc, etc) fire. They need to go quietly about those procedures and prosecute to the letter of the law. If something leads to impeachment, so be it. It isn't political at that point.

McConnell just gave a guarantee they will be hitting hard on the IRS hearings.

as noted by one of my FB buddies:

I find it interesting that you hear all this talk about compromise and wanting to work together coming from the Democratic leadership after they got their ***** whipped last night. Where has that been for the last 6?? Prepare to have policy dictated to you for the next 2 ********!!!

I have some idiot FB friends saying stuff like "Now you don't have Obama to blame, it's all on you Republicans!" That's rich, considering it's 6 years in and he's STILL blaming Bush, and he had a Dem controlled Congress that shoved everything he wanted down our throats.

I for one believe that the majority leaders should come from the newly elected members. Start things off on the right foot, with NEW LEADERS.

Watching BHO in his PC. He is going to use executive action to allow some illegals to stay. This is exactly why the republicans were elected. They want this **** stopped. The President is not a ******* dictator who can do whatever the **** he wants to do. They better man up and try to stop this ****.