• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mid-terms 2014

The only things that are likely to happen in the next year are a bill to pass the Keystone pipeline which Obama will veto and it will
get over ridden. With oil dropping, it would be funny if the pipeline got delayed because it doesn't look like as good of an investment by
the Canadians.

so you're suggesting that Bomma will veto anything now? and you expect gas prices to remain static from this point forward?

Obama is actually closer to Republicans than he is to many Dems on two issues: free trade and corp tax reform. Reid was blocking the trade,
so expect Europe and Asia trade agreements to get done and Obama will sign.

yes, that Bomma. always wants to compromise and work together. always has.

nice job on golf. must be hard to secure free tee times at municipal courses without wifi

Isn't Keystone suppose to deliver natural gas as well? We've been told to expect higher natural gas bills this winter.

Isn't Keystone suppose to deliver natural gas as well? We've been told to expect higher natural gas bills this winter.
I dunno, supposedly they're drilling for gas all over western PA but my heating bill hasn't gone down. I guess we need to elect more Democrats in order to lower energy prices for the working people. Oh wait, that didn't make sense either.

I was playing golf ...

Did you see the President? We know he had a lot of free time, since every candidate running for office in 2014 - from Senator, to House, to Governor, to dogcatcher - told POTUS to stay the @#$& away from them.

Did you see the President? We know he had a lot of free time, since every candidate running for office in 2014 - from Senator, to House, to Governor, to dogcatcher - told POTUS to stay the @#$& away from them.
Democrats are obviously racist. Not wanting to be seen with FBP and embracing His polices. Shame, shame, shame....dropped the ******* ball by not having Bomma over for a campaign event and riding His coattails and running on all good things Democrat.

I will note that this morning the local news reported that voter turnout in southwestern PA counties was between 22% and 28%. Pathetic.

Last edited:
http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...ds-Production-Costs-Below-U.S.-Tight-Oil.html

Watch the OPEC meeting on Nov 27. If they set the price of oil at $65 per barrel they can stop Canadian oil sand production and US
shale production. You don't produce when the price is below your costs.

Chevron and Exxon are the big US producers, it cost a lot less and they make more profit to produce in the Middle East. That's why they
sit on leases in the US. In the long run we have more cards to play, but in the short run the Saudis have the best hand.

I wasn't in charge of booking tee times this year. We alternate responsibility for finding a good package.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...ds-Production-Costs-Below-U.S.-Tight-Oil.html

Watch the OPEC meeting on Nov 27. If they set the price of oil at $65 per barrel they can stop Canadian oil sand production and US

Chevron and Exxon are the big US producers, it cost a lot less and they make more profit to produce in the Middle East. That's why they
sit on leases in the US. In the long run we have more cards to play, but in the short run the Saudis have the best hand.

I wasn't in charge of booking tee times this year. We alternate responsibility for finding a good package.

If either of the parties werent in the pockets of oil and gas companies... and they both are.... the move to make was always to flood the market with oil for five years and force all the Opec countries to drastically drop prices to compete... when Oil is your only real export, you have to produce regardless of price. once the cost was low enough buy a decades worth of crude and make sure its cost controlled for that time

Canadians export sand?

the-more-you-know-o-s.gif

I dunno, supposedly they're drilling for gas all over western PA but my heating bill hasn't gone down. I guess we need to elect more Democrats in order to lower energy prices for the working people. Oh wait, that didn't make sense either.

They plan to liquify and export it. Heaven forbid they just get the price lowered for the people who are going to have to deal with the enviromental fallout from it for decades... seriouisly I hope Wolf goes to war with the frackers and i hope Texas and california do too. Shale gas should have been a last ditch emergency reserve. not a get rich quick option

Bingo. If there is an upside, besides Burgundy having to spend less money to fill his tank, it is that lower oil prices will put the squeeze on Putin. If that occurs watch for Bomma to take credit while having absolutely no clue why it happened.
I may disagree with you on politics but you have a better grasp of economics than the President does.

I played a round in FL in September at my company's annual meeting. Didn't do too bad considering it was only the second time in three years I've played due to rotator cuff surgery.

I may disagree with you on politics but you have a better grasp of economics than the President does.

That is like saying someone is less of an ******* than Supe. Very, very low bar.

That is like saying someone is less of an ******* than Supe. Very, very low bar.

You get me.

They plan to liquify and export it. Heaven forbid they just get the price lowered for the people who are going to have to deal with the enviromental fallout from it for decades... seriouisly I hope Wolf goes to war with the frackers and i hope Texas and california do too. Shale gas should have been a last ditch emergency reserve. not a get rich quick option
I come down on the opposite side and say drill for the stuff wherever it is found but at the same time I don't think it's going to bring in as much jobs and money as the politicians and a lot of other people think it will. It doesn't help me a bit. So far the only people making money on fracking are the farmers and farmers don't pay other people to do what my company does. That's why I had to get a part-time job at the airport, because the economy sucks.

Gov-elect Wolfe isn't going to war with the frackers, he wants their money. I don't know that anything will change because my understanding is that if he gets the extraction tax he wants then the impact fees that the drilling companies pay directly to the communities will go away in favor of all money going to the state. If that happens then a whole lot of state legislators are going to lose their jobs in the next election.

Last edited:
Besides Putin the lower prices also harm ISIS and Iran. ISIS gets less funding for the black market oil they are selling and Iran
has additional pressure to reach a nuclear deal to ease sanctions and begin reforming their economy.

Some of this is luck, but some of it is knowing what your doing. We have some influence with them. What is going on behind the scene is not in the news or it
wouldn't work.

And on a deficit update. Last year CBO projected a 672 billion deficit for FY2014. I said in February that would be way off. I think I projected 460Billion. The last estimate was 480 billion, so I was off a bit. FY2015 will be below 300Billion and balanced in FY2016 as Obama leaves office. A repeat of when Clinton was in office, even with being dealt a much poorer hand.
Doesn't know what he is doing. Good one.

Doesn't know what he is doing. Good one.

1) Bomma has always been in favor of higher energy prices because the Greenies own Him and He thinks global warming is real and 2) the deficit is coming down because of the sequester (remember that?) that the Republicans forced on Him and He was against. The only way Greenie pipedream bullshit works is if you keep fossil fuel prices artificially high which makes the expensive Greenie rainbows and unicorns relatively more affordable.

Last edited:
Everybody has done such a good job of conserving fuels that states are trying to figure out new ways to tax people so they can make road and highway improvements and repairs.

Besides Putin the lower prices also harm ISIS and Iran. ISIS gets less funding for the black market oil they are selling and Iran has additional pressure to reach a nuclear deal to ease sanctions and begin reforming their economy.

Reduced gasoline cost is due to substantially increased domestic production, almost all of the increase from shale/fracking not under government control:

LeafHandler.ashx

U.S. crude oil production, rising steadily since 2008, is likely next year to hit its highest level since 1972 while Iraq’s output, despite unrest there, is expected to hold steady, according to a forecast Tuesday by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Spurred by the use of hydraulic fracturing or fracking in shale rock deposits, U.S. oil production has jumped from 5.0 million barrels per day in 2008 to 7.4 million last year and is expected to average 8.5 million this year and 9.3 million next year, according to the EIA, the analytical arm of the Department of Energy.

http://americasmarkets.usatoday.com/2014/07/08/u-s-oil-production-in-2015-to-be-highest-since-1972/

The fact that increased domestic production = lower fuel prices is a concept that escapes Bammy and his ilk. Recall how Bammy mocked the idea that drilling could bring down energy costs? I do.

Reduced gasoline cost is due to substantially increased domestic production, almost all of the increase from shale/fracking not under government control:

LeafHandler.ashx

U.S. crude oil production, rising steadily since 2008, is likely next year to hit its highest level since 1972 while Iraq’s output, despite unrest there, is expected to hold steady, according to a forecast Tuesday by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Spurred by the use of hydraulic fracturing or fracking in shale rock deposits, U.S. oil production has jumped from 5.0 million barrels per day in 2008 to 7.4 million last year and is expected to average 8.5 million this year and 9.3 million next year, according to the EIA, the analytical arm of the Department of Energy.

http://americasmarkets.usatoday.com/2014/07/08/u-s-oil-production-in-2015-to-be-highest-since-1972/

The fact that increased domestic production = lower fuel prices is a concept that escapes Bammy and his ilk. Recall how Bammy mocked the idea that drilling could bring down energy costs? I do.

He didn't say that....just like he didn't say within the past month that his policies were on the ballot. Oh yeah, maybe he said that, but he still says that he didn't. Democrat logic 101

I was playing golf in Myrtle Beach last week, 12 rounds in 8 days. .

Nice of you to check in Mr. President.

I dunno, supposedly they're drilling for gas all over western PA but my heating bill hasn't gone down.

That's an infrastructure issue Ron. I deal quite often with the NG companies here and I posit that very question to them often. They all have the same answer so either they're very well schooled in propaganda or it's true. So in addition to "dill baby, drill" I say "lay baby,lay." Not going ahead with Keystone and other pipelines, etc. because oil prices are currently low is incredibly short sighted.

Everybody has done such a good job of conserving fuels that states are trying to figure out new ways to tax people so they can make road and highway improvements and repairs.

I think this is awesome. Governments not only encourage you to conserve fuel, the federal governments required car manufacturers to create higher mileage cars and subsidize cars that use less fuel. The only solution when the public complies? Raise their ******* taxes. Certainly don't take the previous actions into account when you are determining what your revenue will be since you don't seem inclined to base spending on that revenue.

I think this is awesome. Governments not only encourage you to conserve fuel, the federal governments required car manufacturers to create higher mileage cars and subsidize cars that use less fuel. The only solution when the public complies? Raise their ******* taxes. Certainly don't take the previous actions into account when you are determining what your revenue will be since you don't seem inclined to base spending on that revenue.

I drive my big honking 14 mpg Sport Trac everywhere in order that I might pay my fair share toward infrastructure.

Golf-300x246.jpg

"You say that like it's a bad thing.
Reduced fuel consumption? Raise taxes.
Increased fuel consumption? Raise taxes.
Less people working? Raise taxes.
More people working? Raise taxes.
More illegal immigration? Raises taxes.
Less illegal immi ... hahaha, okay, I can't keep a straight face on that one."

The sadist in me really wishes you mods had let Polomalo43 stick around to see this election... the meltdown would have absurdly funny. That person was as hardwired a liberal Democrat as they come, or at least was acting like it. As far as I can tell from other boards, that kind of person has been inconsolable the past few days.

The sadist in me really wishes you mods had let Polomalo43 stick around to see this election... the meltdown would have absurdly funny. That person was as hardwired a liberal Democrat as they come, or at least was acting like it. As far as I can tell from other boards, that kind of person has been inconsolable the past few days.

You make fun of people in the Special Olympics, you are gone....although I do agree that watching the meltdown would have been epic.