• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Midterm predictions

Which of the below matches your best guess about the mid-term elections?

• Red Wave.* Republicans pick up seats in the Hosue and Senate.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Red Win. *Republicans maintain control of the Senate, and house, but lose overall seats

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Mixed results.** Republicans keep control in one branch, and lose control in the other

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Blue Wave.* Democrats win both controls of the Senate and the house.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bue Win. Democrats win a majority in either the Senate or the house.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What night is that debate do you know Zona?

Supposed to be Monday or Tuesday on PBS, but can't find a listing. One or the other may be afraid of a real question being asked and backed out. Think it's hilarious that Sinema doesn't admit to being a Dem. In any of her ads.

Yeah, but those polls typically don't count all of the dead Democrats that will be voting. Jus sayin.

Well they do court the dead,illegals, and felons. That's a really big voting block that could help them reign until the shooting starts.

My take is that I think we see mixed results. I am certainly not a political expert by any means, but usually, these super majorites self-correct. Just like when Obama had total control of the house and senate, it self-corrected during the mid-term elections.

My take is that I think we see mixed results. I am certainly not a political expert by any means, but usually, these super majorites self-correct. Just like when Obama had total control of the house and senate, it self-corrected during the mid-term elections.

That goes without saying.

But why we're even having this discussion is because this time there's a chance it may be different.

Supposed to be Monday or Tuesday on PBS, but can't find a listing. One or the other may be afraid of a real question being asked and backed out. Think it's hilarious that Sinema doesn't admit to being a Dem. In any of her ads.

Looked it up Zona, Monday 6 PM out there. Looked up Sinema a bit. Seems some things she's said in the past are coming back on her. Hard to get a read on McSally tho. You can find plenty to like or not.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/...wn-state-as-crazy-and-a-meth-lab-of-democracy

Last edited:
I just don't see a blue wave. I see the Reps. gaining in the senate and possibly keeping the house even if they lose a few seats. Trump has coat tails and some of the "close" senate seats are trending Rep. Hell Heidkemp is down by 12 points and Blackburn is up 7-8 points in TN. McCaskill is down in Missouri as well. Tester is down in Montana ETC.

I can see the dems taking the house... thats always schizophrenic and literally turns on district turnout (see the case that got Hyphen the primary win). But the senate is hard to do... the dems have to hold all their seats, win every toss up, and pull a leaning republicans race in too.... thats a tall call....

A blue wave is possible but not as likely as the msm are making it sound... they might be overhyping it badly... if the dems don’t win control of something its a death knell to their party... the progressive and moderate dems will split.... maybe before 2020

I just don't see a blue wave. I see the Reps. gaining in the senate and possibly keeping the house even if they lose a few seats. Trump has coat tails and some of the "close" senate seats are trending Rep. Hell Heidkemp is down by 12 points and Blackburn is up 7-8 points in TN. McCaskill is down in Missouri as well. Tester is down in Montana ETC.

A few spots where Trump could make appearances would be John James in MI and DeSantis/Scott in FL. James is down 9 pts and closing but like FL, MI is a state he won. Statistical tie with Nelson and Scott so a Tampa or Orlando stop could be on the schedule.

In PA you have until October 30 to get an absentee ballot if you cannot vote on Election Day. I will be out of town training for my new job and got the first absentee ballot I've ever had in my life.

Deadline for Democrats is November 1.

C'mon people, lets get this thing done.

if-dems-win-in-november-prepare-for-fihandial-sarices-house-35818658.png

A few spots where Trump could make appearances would be John James in MI and DeSantis/Scott in FL. James is down 9 pts and closing but like FL, MI is a state he won. Statistical tie with Nelson and Scott so a Tampa or Orlando stop could be on the schedule.

Republicans should pick up 1-4 seats in the senate. And that will signal a huge win for Trump.

Rick Scott will win the senate race in Florida. He was a successful two term governor here. An excellent business man, and a under rated politician with a filter to say the right things when needed.