• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Millenial Reality smackdown....

I'd like to get to that, but we've got to define terms. What do you think "Libertarian" means?

Vs. me cutting and pasting the general definitions of Libertarian, and you going off on your never-ending, tiresome defenses and explanations with lots of BOLD and underline nonsense, let's stick to the question I asked you. You brought up True Colors first, long ago, and have dodged it since. You enjoy pointing out non-existing hatred (a very Liberal-esque tactic) and have accused those on this board for not engaging in trying to fix problems. So I ask you again, what do you do to fix problems in your real walk of life? Where do you bridge racial or political divides?

I await.

SV, your responses are idealogical, and not fact based. Your arguments are tiresome, and have been rehashed here many times. You seem to be an expert on hate, and use that term based more on assumptions, and on idealogical generalizations.

If you are going to call someone a hater, be specific to that person.

But you're not really talking, are you? I answered your question and rather than address my response, you continue to throw accusations. Read you above post. I addressed your points one by one. You ignored all that to throw more stones.

This is why the discussion goes nowhere. Conservatives feel that they can't acknowledge that even one of their own might be a bigot. So they duck the issue of prejudice altogether, so nothing of substance can be addressed. It's like feminists and rape accusations. Feminists constantly insist that false accusations "almost never happen" even though we know from court and police records that they're not even remotely uncommon. With conservatives it's the same. If you could admit that many of the people on the Right are hiding behind "Illegal Immigration" and "Terrorism" to express their bigotry, we'd at least be able to have an honest dialogue.

Coming to any kind of rational consensus starts with acknowledging that the other side has some legitimate concerns. As an extremist, you refused to do this, and thus gridlock ensues. It's never as simple as "my team is always right and their team is always wrong". But that seems to be how you address it.

Vs. me cutting and pasting the general definitions of Libertarian, and you going off on your never-ending, tiresome defenses and explanations with lots of BOLD and underline nonsense, let's stick to the question I asked you. You brought up True Colors first, long ago, and have dodged it since. You enjoy pointing out non-existing hatred (a very Liberal-esque tactic) and have accused those on this board for not engaging in trying to fix problems. So I ask you again, what do you do to fix problems in your real walk of life? Where do you bridge racial or political divides?

I await.

Non existent hatred. So you're saying that there are no prejudiced people in America? Or are you saying that there are no prejudiced conservatives in America? Not even a single one? Every conservative in America is completely free of bigotry? I don't think any sane person believes that.

As for fixing the problem, I don't think it's the government's responsibility to fix society. I think if we abolish the systems of government that oppress people, like gun control and drug prohibition, many of the conflicts between people will solve themselves. Free markets are a good thing, and as such cheap labor and goods provided by migrant workers and Chinese imports are a good thing. They provide us with the highest standard of living in the world. We are the richest country, and yet as measured by PPP, goods and services in the US are some of the cheapest in the world. Conservatives would shut this down by applying protectionist trade tariffs on China and impeding migrant workers.

"They're rapists". That's the view of the Right wing. Hispanic immigrants are rapists. Never mind that most of them bust their ***** every day, came here to provide for their kids and give them the same opportunities you take for granted. No, no, no, the Right just sees raping darkies who speak a funny language. And when these people are painted with this broad brush, where are you? When do you say "hold on, they're not all criminals, a lot of them are hard working and law abiding"? You say there's not bigotry, and yet there it is.

why should they read the whole book when all they have to do is say it was too tough and the teachers will dumb down the test so they can pass.

It's not that millennials have short attentions, it's that they are never challenged so they have never had to try, at pretty much anything.

Because they are all winners!!! Everyone gets a trophy and everyone is a superstar just for breathing.

But you're not really talking, are you? I answered your question and rather than address my response, you continue to throw accusations. Read you above post. I addressed your points one by one. You ignored all that to throw more stones.

This is why the discussion goes nowhere. Conservatives feel that they can't acknowledge that even one of their own might be a bigot. So they duck the issue of prejudice altogether, so nothing of substance can be addressed. It's like feminists and rape accusations. Feminists constantly insist that false accusations "almost never happen" even though we know from court and police records that they're not even remotely uncommon. With conservatives it's the same. If you could admit that many of the people on the Right are hiding behind "Illegal Immigration" and "Terrorism" to express their bigotry, we'd at least be able to have an honest dialogue.

Coming to any kind of rational consensus starts with acknowledging that the other side has some legitimate concerns. As an extremist, you refused to do this, and thus gridlock ensues. It's never as simple as "my team is always right and their team is always wrong". But that seems to be how you address it.

Non existent hatred. So you're saying that there are no prejudiced people in America? Or are you saying that there are no prejudiced conservatives in America? Not even a single one? Every conservative in America is completely free of bigotry? I don't think any sane person believes that.

As for fixing the problem, I don't think it's the government's responsibility to fix society. I think if we abolish the systems of government that oppress people, like gun control and drug prohibition, many of the conflicts between people will solve themselves. Free markets are a good thing, and as such cheap labor and goods provided by migrant workers and Chinese imports are a good thing. They provide us with the highest standard of living in the world. We are the richest country, and yet as measured by PPP, goods and services in the US are some of the cheapest in the world. Conservatives would shut this down by applying protectionist trade tariffs on China and impeding migrant workers.

"They're rapists". That's the view of the Right wing. Hispanic immigrants are rapists. Never mind that most of them bust their ***** every day, came here to provide for their kids and give them the same opportunities you take for granted. No, no, no, the Right just sees raping darkies who speak a funny language. And when these people are painted with this broad brush, where are you? When do you say "hold on, they're not all criminals, a lot of them are hard working and law abiding"? You say there's not bigotry, and yet there it is.

The ironic thing about this post is it uses sterotypes, generalizations, and personal bias to condem a collective group of people as bigots... Its also funny that this viewpoint defends using products made in china with near slave labor tactics as good because it it cheap... Did one ever wonder why there are no well paying blue collar jobs in this country? Its not immigration.. Its that we sent all the jobs to places where workers are used and abused for no pay... Which is also why they want to come here... Maybe if everyone took a stand on human rights instead of selling out to save 5 bucks on a pair of jeans some of these problems would be resolved... Nah the establishment masters have said fully free trade with no restrictions is a great idea....

One, anyone who comes here in violation of our immigration laws is by definition, a criminal. Two, when you allow people to come into this country unvetted you are opening the door to people who may be fleeing prosecution or cannot live in their own countries because of their criminal backgrounds, so yes, some of them are going to be rapists, drug dealers, thieves, murderers, terrorists etc. That's why you have a legal immigration procedure, to weed out the people that you don't want coming here.

One, anyone who comes here in violation of our immigration laws is by definition, a criminal. Two, when you allow people to come into this country unvetted you are opening the door to people who may be fleeing prosecution or cannot live in their own countries because of their criminal backgrounds, so yes, some of them are going to be rapists, drug dealers, thieves, murderers, terrorists etc. That's why you have a legal immigration procedure, to weed out the people that you don't want coming here.

Not to mention the physical capability of taking care of themselves and being a productive member of society rather than yet another leech, screened for infectious diseases, confirmation that you are who you say you are rather than from unnamed area spouting unnamed religious slogans and causing more workplace violence. But, hey, that is all just my inherent racism talking.

see, the tolerant left will use a single racist, homophobic ******* and prop him up as the standard of all conservatives or those who do not agree with their irrational line of thinking. i'd almost have to believe that there are also some racist, homophobic ******** on the left.

then again, the tolerant left - the party of inclusion and not labeling - is the same which paints generalities with a broad political paint brush.

What does Bush have to do with the Oklahoma City bombing?

Stop being disingenuous. It's....unbecoming. You've been here long enough to know that "Bush"! has become a euphemism for "yeah, but"....and then using some unrelated past event as an "argument."

What's the point of posting this if it's fake?

SPLC has become a quite silly organization, but how are they trying to make Europe and America non-white? More importantly, what's wrong with race mixing? You the Klan or something?

Who said anything about "race mixing" until you did? About a fake meme. More importantly, why do you hate whites?

Not to mention the physical capability of taking care of themselves and being a productive member of society rather than yet another leech, screened for infectious diseases, confirmation that you are who you say you are rather than from unnamed area spouting unnamed religious slogans and causing more workplace violence. But, hey, that is all just my inherent racism talking.

You guys are racist and proving SV's point which was.......uh....well, I'm sure he had one.

You're an absolute gem. I think you forget what you're even pontificating about. You just said in this very post to Hamster, " I answered your question and rather than address my response, you continue to throw accusations."

You've been asked numerous questions in the last page alone that you avoid. You continue to put words in people's mouths, words they neither have stated nor believe. You continue to accuse people on this board of generalizations that are dangerous. And then you offer this (above) as a response to what I've asked you? It's comically not-at-all-related.

I challenge you to go back and look at the 2 or 3 prior posts and the questions I asked of you. You've evaded each and every one. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. It's ok for you to accuse everyone on the Right for being racist. It's ok for you to 100% ignore me when I show you proof that in my personal case, this couldn't be more defamatory and inaccurate. I've asked you subsequently to show us your True Colors, and you evade and side step. I've shown you my True Colors. I put it right out there. And here, again, when asked, you go off avoiding the questions entirely again.

Do you come here just to hear yourself type?

When you can tell us how you work to fix political problems, let us know, vs. accusing everyone here of doing nothing to fix it. When you can tell us how you work to fix racism, vs. just accusing everyone here of being a racist, let us know. Otherwise your 'ideas' on how things should and shouldn't work are just blather. Words are words, then there's action. You seem to be full of words and little else. I can show you actions I engage in that address these problems. What do you "do"?

Show us your True Colors Steel.

Again...(and again)...I await.

It seems to me that all of your arguments boil down to "its racism" in some form or another.

An enlightened person like yourself understands this to be a circular argument because those that might question your premise/conclusion are defined as racists and the problem.

So, either racism is an untenable description of all issues, or un-usable in resolving issues because of its circular nature.

I would challenge you to redefine problems in ways that might lead to solutions, or simply lay out a convincing case for racism that does not contain the circularity.

You could start by listing a bunch of issues that are clearly not racist, proving that you are capable of same.

The best thing about Trump supporters is that they will no longer exist a year from now. They will be out hunting
for a new nutjob.

The best thing about Trump supporters is that they will no longer exist a year from now. They will be out hunting
for a new nutjob.
but... they'll have jobs.

how's that goddamn book coming along?

for a new nutjob.

Bernie supporters will grow up and realize government giveaways are not so much fun when you're on the giving end.

Is "Civil Libertarians" what the Progressives want to be called now so that they can get away from the negative connotations "Progressives" entails?

Civil Libertarians are those who pay Progressive Libertarians to disrupt Trump rallies

Civil Libertarians are those who pay Progressive Libertarians to disrupt Trump rallies

enhanced-buzz-30925-1357667439-0.jpg

And I don't believe the 25% numbers of Republicans that say they'll refuse to vote for Trump either.

It works both ways.....

And I don't believe the 25% numbers of Republicans that say they'll refuse to vote for Trump either.

It works both ways.....

When you take your poll count me in the not voting for Trump group.

It may not be as high as 25% of Republicans that go to the polls, but Mitt caused a bunch not to even vote. I thought Mitt was a much better candidate than McCain, but he couldn't get the turnout he needed. As noted here, that is, in part, due to what seems to be terrible campaign management.

I think there will be a lot that don't vote for Trump. For those who don't, I hope they, at least, go to the polls and vote for the Libertarian candidate to get their ballot count up. It would be awesome if the Bernie Fans and the Not-Trump fans all voted for the Libertarian. I don't even know who that will be (or is).