• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mueller just dumped on Trump , clear as mud

Hollywood should stop throwing stones in their glass houses.

Having Hollywood elite lecture me about right and wrong is like having Russia lecture me about Democracy. They are the most immoral industry in the United States. De Niro himself is a known womanize (worse than Trump). Forced his girlfriend into an abortion. Has shown signs of hysterical violence and temper. Hell, he even was the guy who partied with John Belushi and was his drug buddy the night he died.

Sounds like a wonderful person to tell me right from wrong or lecture America on what our conscious should do.

He's a good actor. If you believe it's a craft and a skill, he has it. But just like athletes, that's the extent of his skill unless proven otherwise. And only a fool like Tibs would take "recognition and fame" to equate to expertise on a subject De Niro never studied, never cared about (I'm sure he was worried about politics in the 70's while he was doing cocaine every day, right Tibs?) and now lectures on.

How did Bobby Milk avoid the draft in the 60s?

Hollywood should stop throwing stones in their glass houses.

Having Hollywood elite lecture me about right and wrong is like having Russia lecture me about Democracy. They are the most immoral industry in the United States. De Niro himself is a known womanize (worse than Trump). Forced his girlfriend into an abortion. Has shown signs of hysterical violence and temper. Hell, he even was the guy who partied with John Belushi and was his drug buddy the night he died.

Sounds like a wonderful person to tell me right from wrong or lecture America on what our conscious should do.

He's a good actor. If you believe it's a craft and a skill, he has it. But just like athletes, that's the extent of his skill unless proven otherwise. And only a fool like Tibs would take "recognition and fame" to equate to expertise on a subject De Niro never studied, never cared about (I'm sure he was worried about politics in the 70's while he was doing cocaine every day, right Tibs?) and now lectures on.

Not to mention their whitewashing of Polanski's rape and, I believe, a standing ovation.

Not to mention their whitewashing of Polanski's rape and, I believe, a standing ovation.

And "joking" about Weinstien's casting couch methods before they got "caught" and shamed by the #metoo movement. Hollywood is the most sexist industry in the whole country. No other industry values looks and sex appeal above talent more than Hollywood. No other industry self-inflates their ego BECAUSE they have looks and sex appeal and turns that into an actual skill.

Every actor you see on TV and the movies is replaceable by 100's of similarly skilled and similarly good looking people. In 90% of Hollywood luck is the only factor that decides careers. Their egos are so fragile because they know that fact deep down inside that they protect their own from the truth no matter what. They all know the only reason they are millionaires and have a "voice" in American culture is luck. Luck they got a part and the next guy didn't. Luck they were picked out of a hat or based on an 8x11 picture. Imagine your entire existence and worth being based on something so insignificant? Of COURSE you would make up an entire bullshit "industry" only to cure that insecurity.

So it looks like Mueller is going to testify before congress July 17th.

Let the circus continue.

Every actor you see on TV and the movies is replaceable by 100's of similarly skilled and similarly good looking people. In 90% of Hollywood luck is the only factor that decides careers. Their egos are so fragile because they know that fact deep down inside that they protect their own from the truth no matter what. They all know the only reason they are millionaires and have a "voice" in American culture is luck. Luck they got a part and the next guy didn't. Luck they were picked out of a hat or based on an 8x11 picture. Imagine your entire existence and worth being based on something so insignificant? Of COURSE you would make up an entire bullshit "industry" only to cure that insecurity.

I was reading this and I thought about the actor James Gammon. Y'all should remember him as the coach in the movie(s) Major League & II. Anyways, Gammon did have a certain look where you probably wouldn't cast him in The Bridges of Madison County, but the guy could apparently run circles around other actors, and this is according to Sam Shepard.

I don't have the exact quote, but Shepard really praised him and said the guy could act with the best of them. But he was fine just being a character actor and a "in the background" kind of guy. There have been a lot of actors like this but I just specifically thought of him.

**** Hollywood too. I'm sure James felt the same way.

And "joking" about Weinstien's casting couch methods before they got "caught" and shamed by the #metoo movement. Hollywood is the most sexist industry in the whole country. No other industry values looks and sex appeal above talent more than Hollywood. No other industry self-inflates their ego BECAUSE they have looks and sex appeal and turns that into an actual skill.

I think that's a big part of why liberalism is so rampant in hollywood. Most of them did not really work for their fortunes. They were lucky enough to get cast in a role in a movie people liked and then had a career.

Today, there are no movie stars. They are all interchangeable. There is no John Wayne or Clint Eastwood.

It's the same in silicon valley. Most of these tech guys didn't really "work" to get their fortunes. Look at Zuckerberg and facebook. He stole an idea for a website that caught on and people lined up to throw money at him. Same with many of the big tech companies.

They didn't have to build a business over decades and finally strike it rich. It happend within a few years.

You see the same with rich people who inherited their money. They get that rich guilt and tend to support any liberal cause that comes along.

What a bunch of green with envy bullshit!

So Paul Giamatti, Frances McDormand and Steve Buscemi got where they are with their good looks?

So Paul Giamatti, Frances McDormand and Steve Buscemi got where they are with their good looks?

Well there are exceptions of course, but do you honestly believe that that shallow cesspool doesn't consider a person's looks first and foremost?

What a bunch of green with envy bullshit!

McDormand is a perfect example of somebody made by 1 role. Fargo was a great role for an actress and I'd bet almost anybofy they cast would have been big after that movie.

These actors know that the difference between being a star and being a character actor is is often 1 good role.

Quentin Tarantino keeps proving that by giving great roles to no names and has beens and then they become stars. Samuel L Jackson might have been a career B lister if not for Pulp Fiction. John Travolta would probably be doing dinner theater without Pulp Fiction.

I read once that De Niro was supposed to play the driver Paulie who set old man Vito up to get shot in Godfather 1. But he had a conflict with another movie he was doing so he was out. Then he got the career making role of young Vito in Godfather 2. He might have been a nobody if he didn't get that role.

I think a lot of these big actors know damn well that luck was a huge part of their career. They all know 20 actors just as talented or more than themselves that is waiting tables and hoping to get a call on a boner pill commercial.

Robert Mueller to testify publicly before House committees on July 17
WASHINGTON — Former special counsel Robert Mueller has agreed to testify in public about his two-year Russia investigation at a hearing before the House Intelligence Committee and Judiciary Committee on July 17. The announcement came from the chairmen of the two panels, who issued a subpoena compelling his testimony.

In a news release issued late Tuesday, Judiciary Committee Chairmen Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., and Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., said that Mueller had agreed to testify next month.

“Pursuant to subpoenas issued by the House Judiciary and House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence tonight, Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III has agreed to testify before both Committees on July 17 in open session,” the chairmen said in a statement.

Barr better get busy finding some actionable **** IMO. I don't think the Republicans on those committees will do enough to prevent Mueller from trying to tee up impeachment. Which will fail, but be another extended pain in the ***.

Barr better get busy finding some actionable **** IMO. I don't think the Republicans on those committees will do enough to prevent Mueller from trying to tee up impeachment. Which will fail, but be another extended pain in the ***.

LOL. But. but, but... the Mueller report completely exonerates Trump, remember? No collusion! No obstruction! Trump & Barr should welcome Mueller's testimony enthusiastically, with open arms, right?

I doubt there will be anything new learned at Mueller's hearing. Probably just be more political theatre. It is about all congress is capable of anymore.

I don't think the Republicans on those committees will do enough to prevent Mueller from trying to tee up impeachment.

If that was Mueller’s motivation, he would have taken advantage of the first two opportunities he had to do that.

If that was Mueller’s motivation, he would have taken advantage of the first two opportunities he had to do that.

Mueller's motivation has been clear since he released that goofy "report". He just couldn't find anything.

Well there are exceptions of course, but do you honestly believe that that shallow cesspool doesn't consider a person's looks first and foremost?

I think the takeaway of note in Flog's response is that he jumped right in to defend Hollywood.

Show of hands...who's surprised by this?

No one? Anyone?

I doubt there will be anything new learned at Mueller's hearing. Probably just be more political theatre.

He will be testifying under oath

Time for the Repubs to get their questions in

Did the US Govt hire any foreign persons to approach anyone in the Trump campaign? Who were they and what were they paid? How long were they active?

What foreign intelligence services were contacted and used in connection with this investigation against the Trump campaign and Administration?

What foreign persons or organizations were paid by the US government in this Mueller investigation?

Why wasn’t the Steele dossier verified? It is standard FBI vetting practice, yet it was ignored, why?

Were Trump’s phones tapped? Why? From when to when?

How soon into the investigation did you know there was no Russian collusion?

Why did you delay prosecution of Russian Uranium bribery until the Uranium One deal was long closed? Was that a favor for Hillary?

You had knowledge of the Russian felonies during Hillary’s pushing that deal, yet you said nothing? Why?

Hillary destroyed thousands of emails, and her unprotected server was attacked by foreign intelligence services - yet she committed no crime, and was not even charged? How can that be?

Actually, Frances McDormand MARRIED into success. Her career is nothing without her Husband (Joel Coen) casting her in all his films (Blood Simple, Raising Arizona and Fargo). Those rolls opened up everything else in her career.

Don't you think it's a bit lucky to be married to a person who makes good movies and casts you in rolls you don't even have to try our for?

Did the US Govt hire any foreign persons to approach anyone in the Trump campaign? Who were they and what were they paid? How long were they active?

What foreign intelligence services were contacted and used in connection with this investigation against the Trump campaign and Administration?

What foreign persons or organizations were paid by the US government in this Mueller investigation?

Why wasn’t the Steele dossier verified? It is standard FBI vetting practice, yet it was ignored, why?

Why did you delay prosecution of Russian Uranium bribery until the Uranium One deal was long closed? Was that a favor for Hillary?

You had knowledge of the Russian felonies during Hillary’s pushing that deal, yet you said nothing? Why?

Hillary destroyed thousands of emails, and her unprotected server was attacked by foreign intelligence services - yet she committed no crime, and was not even charged? How can that be?

I am reading that the subpoena has been negotiated between the Dems and Mueller (collusion) so that the questions will be very well bracketed. I doubt that the Republicans will get much satisfaction.

The Justice Department declined to comment Tuesday night. It is unclear if Mueller kept the department apprised of his negotiations with the committees, or whether a government lawyer will be present for Mueller’s testimony.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/25/robert-mueller-testimony-schiff-nadler-1382893

Last edited:

This is what should happen, but it won't. I expect blustering on all sides, with nothing to show for it. Does anyone actually expect anything different?

I am reading that the subpoena has be negotiated between the Dems and Mueller (collusion) so that the questions will be very well bracketed. I doubt that the Republicans will get much satisfaction.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/25/robert-mueller-testimony-schiff-nadler-1382893

See, that's bullshit. You shouldn't be able to negotiate what gets asked and answered. And for some reason, some people still have faith in our government to do the right thing.

Actually, Frances McDormand MARRIED into success. Her career is nothing without her Husband (Joel Coen) casting her in all his films (Blood Simple, Raising Arizona and Fargo). Those rolls opened up everything else in her career.

Don't you think it's a bit lucky to be married to a person who makes good movies and casts you in rolls you don't even have to try our for?

So, actors are successful because they are either hot, or married into it? Any other bases you want to cover?

There are all kinds of hot actresses who are nowhere near as successful as other actresses. If what you’re saying was true, the most successful actresses would all be hot and Meryl Streep and Judy Dench would be one and done has beens.

LOL. But. but, but... the Mueller report completely exonerates Trump, remember? No collusion! No obstruction! Trump & Barr should welcome Mueller's testimony enthusiastically, with open arms, right?

They do. You are just not paying attention. Mueller did not want to testify before the (D)im-controlled panels. He made that clear. He knows he is going to have to answer questions, under penalty of perjury, as to (1) when he knew that the Trump campaign was not involved in any collusion with Russia, (2) when he learned of Strzok and Page's damning text messages, (3) when he took steps to remove Strzok and Page from the investigation, and (4) why he continued the investigation after concluding there was no "collusion" or conspiracy between Trump and Russia.

Oh, and when did Mueller know there was no conspiracy? Immediately. Two days after the investigation started, Strzok texted Page, "You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there’s no big there there.”

2 1/2 years, $35 million, 40 FBI agents, 19 lawyers, 1.2 million pages of documents later ... still no there there.

So, actors are successful because they are either hot, or married into it? Any other bases you want to cover?

There are all kinds of hot actresses who are nowhere near as successful as other actresses. If what you’re saying was true, the most successful actresses would all be hot and Meryl Streep and Judy Dench would be one and done has beens.

Yes, you are of course right.

Hollywood is not shallow and places no emphasis on physical appearance. None. Zero. Just look at all the fat actors with great careers, or actors with zits all over their faces, or actors with facial scars or missing limbs or in a wheelchair. Those actors are ALL OVER the screen, boy-o.

I am reading that the subpoena has been negotiated between the Dems and Mueller (collusion) so that the questions will be very well bracketed. I doubt that the Republicans will get much satisfaction.

Stop swallowing that liberal garbage

GOP Rep. Meadows Threatens Fireworks at Mueller Hearing: He 'Better Be Prepared'

Republican Rep. Mark Meadows vowed to fiercely cross-examine Special Counsel Robert Mueller during his upcoming testimony, seeming to threaten an explosive hearing by saying the special counsel “better come prepared.”

Meadows was appearing on Laura Ingraham’s Fox News program Tuesday where he made the promise and accused Mueller of being cozy with Democratic congress members.

“Listen, it is not a good day for America but Bob Mueller better be prepared,” Meadows said “Because I can tell you, he will be cross-examined for the first time and the American people will start to see the flaws in his performance.”

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/gop-...rks-at-mueller-hearing-he-better-be-prepared/