• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

My Winnerss of year.

You gotta be a tattooed homer to pick CMC over LJ without substantiating your choice

Watt for D
Nacua for OR
Harbaugh for C

I hate to say it but you have to include Stefanski in the HCOY discussion.
IMO - lose best player on team for the year in Chubb
On their 4th string QB
In salary cap hell
STILL manage play solid football to win games and lock up a playoff spot at 11-6

Their 4th string QB is a SB MVP with extensive experience and a big arm. They bumbled and stumbled their way to a solution which was a guy that another 12 teams could have used and made a playoff run. The guy was sitting at home all year practicing with elementary school kids in the neighborhood and helping his wife with babysitting

belicheat is possibly game planning for wild card game if he picks up Flacco in camp. It's an incredible true story

I looked at numbers and it wouod he really hard to not give DPOY to Watt. Like you will look stupid hard. They will find a way.
Shouldn't Porter Jr. Get votes for DROY. Maybe he needed a catchier name like Saucier.

So did LaPorta...but he is a TE.
Fully agree Buster. He broke the rookie reception record….what a shame he got injured last game.
Puka set the record for receptions and yards.
Both had great seasons

I believe Tomlin should have COY considerations, as my assessment for coach of the year is not the difference between last year and this year, it's what they've done this year to overcome adversity and continue to win.

Lost Cam Week 1 for half a year
Offense couldn't score, so defense and clock management got us to 6 wins in the first half.
Fired Canada after having our worst clock managment that I've ever seen on the Steelers since Tomlin joined. (vs CLE: under 2 min and used 14sec of clock..)
Losing to 2 bad teams back to back and switching to a new QB after 3 straight losses.
Continued to stick with that backup QB even when our franchise QB is fully healthy. That decision got us into the playoffs.
Reset the offense to be more of a power running offense and Najee and Warren balled out the last 3 weeks with Naj well over 100yds in each of those games.
Coached up practice squad players: E.Rowe, M.Jack, Mykal to not only contribute, but to make splash plays in positions that were decimated by injury ILB and S.

I'm actually confident this year entering the playoffs. With the potential of this defense to create turnovers, and an offense that can put up 30 in good weather, we are going to be very difficult to beat playing physical football. Steelers are finally playing their best football at the right time. The matchup isn't ideal because the Bills are also peaking at the end of the season, but I think our team can do more than Miami did with those turnovers. Here we go!

I believe Tomlin should have COY considerations, as my assessment for coach of the year is not the difference between last year and this year, it's what they've done this year to overcome adversity and continue to win.

Offense couldn't score, so defense and clock management got us to 6 wins in the first half.
Fired Canada after having our worst clock managment that I've ever seen on the Steelers since Tomlin joined. (vs CLE: under 2 min and used 14sec of clock..)
Losing to 2 bad teams back to back and switching to a new QB after 3 straight losses.
Continued to stick with that backup QB even when our franchise QB is fully healthy. That decision got us into the playoffs.
Reset the offense to be more of a power running offense and Najee and Warren balled out the last 3 weeks with Naj well over 100yds in each of those games.
Coached up practice squad players: E.Rowe, M.Jack, Mykal to not only contribute, but to make splash plays in positions that were decimated by injury ILB and S.

I'm actually confident this year entering the playoffs. With the potential of this defense to create turnovers, and an offense that can put up 30 in good weather, we are going to be very difficult to beat playing physical football. Steelers are finally playing their best football at the right time. The matchup isn't ideal because the Bills are also peaking at the end of the season, but I think our team can do more than Miami did with those turnovers. Here we go!
I like your optimism, but saying we can put up 30 against Buffalo in Buffalo in bad weather might be a tough one. Our last 3 opponents had bad either bad defenses or starters out. I think Buffalo will be a different animal. Not saying we can't win, but i think if we win it will be ugly and we will need the jekyl allen to show up. The steelers are confident and seem to have some mojo which can go a long way

I hate to say it but you have to include Stefanski in the HCOY discussion.
IMO - lose best player on team for the year in Chubb
On their 4th string QB
In salary cap hell
STILL manage play solid football to win games and lock up a playoff spot at 11-6
A lot of Browns fans give credit to DC Schwartz for turnaround. The D went from like near dead last to 1st or 2nd.

MVP - Christian Mcaffrey
DPOY- TJ
OPOY- Lamar J
OROY- CJ stroud
DROY_Jalen Carter
HC of year Demeco
Can’t argue with any one of these picks.

Sorry but COY? No way. The depth on the team was really good in comparison to times past. Omar did a good job of having vets on the PS too.

That three game losing streak is significant in that equation.

Them bringing a lame duct OC back was significant in that equation.

For me that is a hard no.

Sorry but COY? No way. The depth on the team was really good in comparison to times past. Omar did a good job of having vets on the PS too.

That three game losing streak is significant in that equation.

Them bringing a lame duct OC back was significant in that equation.

For me that is a hard no.
Understood, but the depth was not 5 (S)-7 (ILB) players deep. We had to find guys off the couch to play and they played well.

3 game loss is significant, but I'd argue that I've never seen a team recover from 3 bad losses like that at the end of the year, and make the playoffs against 3 stronger foes. It was a complete change on offense, going to the power game and getting everyone on board. Rudolph being able to hit intermediate to deep balls, means there weren't as many people in the box either. Great all around.

I agree they shoudln't have brought back Canada, but they dumped him, persevered, and it didn't cost this team a playoff run.

Understood, but the depth was not 5 (S)-7 (ILB) players deep. We had to find guys off the couch to play and they played well.

3 game loss is significant, but I'd argue that I've never seen a team recover from 3 bad losses like that at the end of the year, and make the playoffs against 3 stronger foes. It was a complete change on offense, going to the power game and getting everyone on board. Rudolph being able to hit intermediate to deep balls, means there weren't as many people in the box either. Great all around.

I agree they shoudln't have brought back Canada, but they dumped him, persevered, and it didn't cost this team a playoff run.
Doesn't the FO get credit for depth and in-season additions too?
Wasn't Tomlin the guy who insisted on Mitch even though he was terrible through his 3.5 games, literally until the home crowd started chanting for Rudy?
Wasn't Tomlin the guy responsible for 1) bringing Canada back this year and 2) sticking with him way too long, literally until the home crowd started chanting Fire Canada?

Maybe the Steeler fans deserve some of the credit you attribute to Tomlin......it was like he was the last guy on the planet to see the 2 weakest parts of his team this season.....maybe the Steelers could have won 2/3 more games with better insight and decison-making from the Head Coach.....

While I can agree with your list, I think Jackson wins MVP. He didn't have a MVP worthy season numbers wise, but he is on the best team in the NFL and he didn't cost them anything and gosh, it's a great story. So he will win MVP, Garrett will win DPOY and the rest I don't really care about.

Looking at Jackson numbers they are just fine

67% and TD/INT 24/7 in 16 games played 3700 passing and 800 rushing with another 5 rushing TD

Numbers are excellent when you consider the Ravens running backs have 20 TDs from inside the five

Seems like a solid citizen and teammates love him. And just an incredible QB. He is the MVP.

Do love his completion percentage drops into the 50s against us. What can you say the guy is the best NFL player right now

Your hate for the HC clouds your thinking Flu
Nope.
My dislike, not hate, is for bad decision-making.
Too bad you are so new here; this topic has been discussed here for about a decade; eg. remember the SB loss to the Packers (who were without several starting DBs) when Tomlin & staff refused to gameplan for the Packers weakness, and didn't even test the 4/5th string CB when an in game injury forced the Packers into an unenviable position? And the game momentum vanishing when Whiff Johnson ole'd a block and Clay Matthews, the strength of the D, crushed Spinthenfall, who fumbled? Big Ben should have had the ball in his hands, just like a couple years earlier in Tampa, but our HC inexplicably thought otherwise.

You're entitled to an opinion but don't pretend you have the insights, knowledge and experience of one of the best football coaches in the world.

It may make you feel nice to pick away at your keyboard and I wouldn't take that away from you. I'm sure you live a perfect life and have a job where you execute perfectly according to the information you have at any moment. Coach Tomlin would love to observe you at the office and critique you even though he has NFI what you do or why you do it

You're entitled to an opinion but don't pretend you have the insights, knowledge and experience of one of the best football coaches in the world.

It may make you feel nice to pick away at your keyboard and I wouldn't take that away from you. I'm sure you live a perfect life and have a job where you execute perfectly according to the information you have at any moment. Coach Tomlin would love to observe you at the office and critique you even though he has NFI what you do or why you do it

Are you willfully trying to troll? Try to take it down a notch at personally going at posters.

Try.

By the luck of the draw. Thanks to Tennessee for saving a Steelers team that couldn't save their own season.
If Pickett never gets hurt the Steelers would have never turned the corner and become this team. Tomlin lucked into this position because Mason the 3rd stringer turned out to be the best QB on the roster by a mile. The team rallied behind him after he gave them a fighting chance at being great. People will give Tomlin the credit but a critical thinker must ask "How does a supposed great coach have his best QB buried, 3rd on the depth chart and not even realize it?"