• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nationwide dog and pony **** show.

Just got a text back from my gun nut uncle. He says his sister-in-law carries a Bersa .380 that she likes. It gets good reviews.

my friend went with the shield 9 because he already had a 9mm and he is too lazy to have to maintain stores an extra type of ammo.

As a gun owner, I have never sat in my basement with my guns and ammo cowering in fear over anything, including gun confiscation. The thing you apparently don't understand, and I am not surprised, is that 99% of gun owners aren't anything like the picture you posted. They don't want to have to use their guns for anything other than hunting or target practice. But ya know, that one in a million chance some ******* comes into your house at 2AM with nefarious intentions, this guy will be prepared. I have a CCW, but I rarely carry in public, usually only when I travel or go TDY to some place I am not familiar with.

It is kinda funny, the view you have of people that do not want their rights taken away. Use to be in America, we defended our rights, even when we disagreed with them. Now we protest to DEMAND the government strip us of our rights, all while calling the guy we want to strip us of our rights a Nazi and a fascist. It is an irony you can reach out and touch.

I think 1 in a million is extremely optimistic,,,

Then there is this:

Woman didn't even have to shoot one of the thugs, just fire her gun. Three men attacking defenseless woman? They are good to go! Wait, she has a gun? GTFO!

http://abc13.com/woman-fires-gun-to-scare-off-masked-attackers-in-her-driveway/3267491/

This entire debate is a characteristic, a microcosm if you will, of what we have evolved to as a nation.
The thought of what is the right thing to do is overshadowed by the agenda. No longer do we consider what is best for the country, but only the ideology of the party.

We have become a self-centered nation, and there is no turning back. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see respectful discourse returning anytime soon.

Oh, and I do believe we all have a constitutional right to own or not own a firearm, but until mental illness is addressed as the true cause of these attacks, ( of course that's way too much work ), nothing will change.

Last edited:
If ever there was an image that perfectly sums up this thread.....

Image-1.png

That cartoon sums up the weapons of liberal "thought". Distortion, hyperbole, conjecture, and flat out lying.

Last edited:
my friend went with the shield 9 because he already had a 9mm and he is too lazy to have to maintain stores an extra type of ammo.

So am I but Mrs. Burgundy tried her instructor's .380 and liked it. She also thinks, rightly, that she won't be as accurate with a 9mm since it has more kick.
Class last week was the first time she ever shot a gun and she turned into freaking dead-eye Annie-Get-Your-Gun with that little .22 semi-auto they gave her. Folks in class telling me to sleep with one eye open.

Last edited:
Heard a good observation yesterday - lots of kids used to show up to school with a rifle in their truck on the first day of hunting season. No one ever worried about it. Kids have always gotten bullied. Something has changed. I’ll go with the drugs they give kids these days. You never hear a peep about it.

In the Valentines shooting thread, much was mentioned regarding the meds and the changes in our kids. Not a whole lot on the bullying part. I'm of the opinion the bullying has more to do with this than we're hearing. I noticed in her speech, young Ms Gonzales referenced the shooter as being a pariah even in the "emo gazebo" which is the name of a courtyard at MSD where outcast kids, including herself, hung out.

Nothing on earth gives this kid a right to kill, but to simply label guns as the reason is intellectually dishonest. Par for a corrupt, agenda driven media.

https://spectator.org/parkland-students-bullied-shooter/

“Since he was in middle school, it was no surprise to anyone who knew him, that he was the shooter. Those talking about how we should have not ostracized him? You didn’t know this kid! OK? We did!”

In the Valentines shooting thread, much was mentioned regarding the meds and the changes in our kids. Not a whole lot on the bullying part. I'm of the opinion the bullying has more to do with this than we're hearing. I noticed in her speech, young Ms Gonzales referenced the shooter as being a pariah even in the "emo gazebo" which is the name of a courtyard at MSD where outcast kids, including herself, hung out.

Nothing on earth gives this kid a right to kill, but to simply label guns as the reason is intellectually dishonest. Par for a corrupt, agenda driven media.

https://spectator.org/parkland-students-bullied-shooter/

Agreed...but IMO ....the prescribed drugs that have been given to America's children in the last 20 years or so, in lieu of some extra individual attention, focused and structured behavioral and learning programs, or just having parents that give a rats ***, is the major reason for these displays of terror and mass killings..

how can they want to take away guns, when they point the finger of blame rightfully where it belongs - straight at Cruz?
the guy is 19. he could have easily bought fertilizer at Lowe's and Home Depot in separate trips and did more damage, and killed more people, like McVeigh did, for a lot less money.

when are we going to outlaw fertilizer, or is your damn lawn's lush green more important than children's lives?
National Fertilizer Association can **** off!

Just got a text back from my gun nut uncle. He says his sister-in-law carries a Bersa .380 that she likes. It gets good reviews.

A fella know carries that gun, swears by it. It was top selling when 380 ammo $ went through the roof and became hard to get. I've fired it, a bit light in feel and accuracy, but an ok option for the hip. I chose the Springfield XDS in 9mm as carry. Like it a lot, but wanting to add a Glock to the cabinet.

Agreed...but IMO ....the prescribed drugs that have been given to America's children in the last 20 years or so, in lieu of some extra individual attention, focused and structured behavioral and learning programs, or just having parents that give a rats ***, is the major reason for these displays of terror and mass killings..

I'll agree with that, but we should also review the dosage and intensity of the medicine we're giving kids. aspirin used to be a pain reliever. now, not so much. we've increased our tolerance to drugs as a species, which calls for an increase in dosages.

I think that blaming prescription drugs is no different than blaming the gun for the violence. If anything, our understanding of mental health disorders is 100 times better today than it was 20 years ago and 1000 times better than it was 50 years ago. Most prescribed medications now are much more targeted to specific ailments rather than the shotgun approach that we had 20+ years ago as it relates to childhood disorders. The side effects are much more minimal and the dosing has become more tailored to the behavior of the child and his physical symptoms. If I wanted to look at some startling trends over the last 50 years, I would look at the growth rate of children. Look at the scientific and medical evidence that Children are hitting puberty 1.5-2 years earlier than they were 50 years ago. The children are bigger, taller, and reaching maturity at ages that we have never seen previously. Is it better nutrition from inception, vitamins and minerals, hormones in food...good question? But if children are developing physically faster than they are mentally prepared to process and understand, that is a dangerous phenomenon. Combine that with the generation of children today being raised in the every child is special, every kid gets a trophy, and the culture or minimal responsibility and accountability era and I think it is ripe for disaster. You have an entire generation that have never been allowed to fail, never been allowed to be cut from a team, never been allowed to learn that failure is a part of life and how to deal with and process that is oblivious to many of these kids. Many parents have made it their life mission to shield their children from failures, not making a team, being told they are wrong, that when they inevitably have to deal with this in life they are not prepared for how to handle rejection. it is a dangerous and viscous cycle that I don't see being broken anytime soon.

when are we going to outlaw fertilizer, or is your damn lawn's lush green more important than children's lives?
You haven't seen my lawn.

I believe most parents do give a **** but can be led astray by Drs., advertising, and the societal wish for the perfect kid, who DOES exist on every social media platform by the way. Hell there's an acronym for every kind of behavior and chances are yours and my kid are described by one. And a med to make it all better.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled facebook break.

As a gun owner, I have never sat in my basement with my guns and ammo cowering in fear over anything, including gun confiscation. The thing you apparently don't understand, and I am not surprised, is that 99% of gun owners aren't anything like the picture you posted. They don't want to have to use their guns for anything other than hunting or target practice. But ya know, that one in a million chance some ******* comes into your house at 2AM with nefarious intentions, this guy will be prepared. I have a CCW, but I rarely carry in public, usually only when I travel or go TDY to some place I am not familiar with.

It is kinda funny, the view you have of people that do not want their rights taken away. Use to be in America, we defended our rights, even when we disagreed with them. Now we protest to DEMAND the government strip us of our rights, all while calling the guy we want to strip us of our rights a Nazi and a fascist. It is an irony you can reach out and touch.

But the NRA and it’s members are to blame for that perception as they argue the need for AR-15’s is self defense. It’s difficult to imagine someone who firmly believes they need an AR-15 for self-defense (and isn’t just using that as a bullshit reason) would ever leave the safety of their house with nothing more than an easily concealed handgun.

But the NRA and it’s members are to blame for that perception as they argue the need for AR-15’s is self defense. It’s difficult to imagine someone who firmly believes they need an AR-15 for self-defense (and isn’t just using that as a bullshit reason) would ever leave the safety of their house with nothing more than an easily concealed handgun.

Why do you care what weapon I own as a means to defend or protect my home? Why do you care what weapons I own because I like taking them to the range? You do understand that an AR-15 is no more deadly than a lot of legal hunting rifles right? is it because the AR-15 looks scary to you that it must be a bad weapon that no one needs? Once again, how many NRA members have been involved in any of these mass shootings? Blaming the NRA for gun violence is like blaming AAA for auto accidents.

Why do you use AR-15 as a specific example? What if I had this rifle?

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...d&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=119986

Would that be OK? If not, why not? If that IS OK, why isn't an AR-15, OK?

Why do I have to surrender my AR-15? I never shot up a school, or a movie theater, or anything like that. So why do I have to give up mine? So you and the ban guns crowd feel better? **** ton of people around here think cops are horrible. Imagine how they will be when they don't have to worry about you shooting back. Like the sheriff in NC, saying he would come pry my weapons from my cold dead hands. Really? He is ok with killing to confiscate weapons? Are you ok with that? And you wanna know why I want an AR-15. GTFOH.

I don't know anyone or the NRA who says they need an AR-15 for self-defense. It's a matter that if they ban the AR-15 today it will be another gun tomorrow, and so on, which is the goal of the Left.
BTW, I do not belong to the NRA.

you can now, effectively, stfu whining about the mean ol' AR-15

nra-hero-the-hero-who-shot-the-texas-church-shooter-31255924.png

and, delete Vox from your bookmarks.
sheep

Last edited:
BTW, I do not belong to the NRA.

I let my membership lapse. I'm thinking about rejoining. The main reason i let it lapse is because i was tired of the endless mail about selling me life insurance or some other product i do not want.