• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL 2023 draft simulator

• Joey Porter Jr.
    CB Penn State

• PIT

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma

• PIT

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• PIT

Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas

• PIT

DJ Turner
    CB Michigan

• PIT

Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

Went a little heavy on offense with this one but I think I greatly helped out the Oline. You might think two Centers? But I would move Cole to G. Solved the CB problem and brought in some speed late in the draft with two interesting prospects. I would upgrade NT in free agency.

Love that draft. I think Turner and Reed are gone before the 7th but it is what it is - this draft says they're there, so snap them up!

And two C? Bold strategy, Cotton! Love the CB, LT, ILB, C, WR upgrades. But that defensive line, slash, that defensive line ...

Love that draft. I think Turner and Reed are gone before the 7th but it is what it is - this draft says they're there, so snap them up!

And two C? Bold strategy, Cotton! Love the CB, LT, ILB, C, WR upgrades. But that defensive line, slash, that defensive line ...
Yeah I know it seems like when you go heavy in one area, you miss in another. In this one I didn't like the value of the DL available....seemed to always be snatched up. Just like the draft it is better to attack free agency for the bigger issues so that you are forced to reach in other areas.

I think I would be pretty happy if the draft fell this way. Added pieces to all our major deficiencies especially DL, OL, and the secondary.

Jalen Carter
    DT Georgia

Antonio Johnson
    S Texas A&M

Matthew Bergeron
    OT Syracuse

Tyrique Stevenson
    CB Miami (FL)

Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas

Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

Shaka Heyward
    LB Duke

pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma

• PIT

Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh

• PIT

Sedrick Van Pran
    OC Georgia
    trade icon
  • PIT

Tyrique Stevenson
    CB Miami (FL)

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan
    trade icon
  • PIT

Habakkuk Baldonado
    EDGE Pittsburgh

• PIT

PJ Mustipher
    DT Penn State

• 2024 WAS 1st
  • 2024 MIN 1st
  • 2024 WAS 2nd

shored up the trenches and got a lot of draft capital for 2024. yep it could happen

I watch us against the Ravens and pick DTs for the next week, then watch the Bengals and start drafting CBs

I watch us against the Ravens and pick DTs for the next week, then watch the Bengals and start drafting CBs
They need at least one of each besides an Online upgrade.

LT/LG/CB/WR/NT/ILBer/backup OLBer/S.

They can take care of S/ILBer/and G in free agency.

Then that leaves in the first four rounds LT/WR/NT/ and CB. Perhaps throw in a OLber- pass rush capable...

• Jordan Addison
    WR USC

• PIT

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

• PIT

DJ Turner
    CB Michigan

• PIT

Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

PIT

Joey Porter Jr.
CB Penn State
PIT

Anton Harrison
OT Oklahoma
PIT

Siaki Ika
DT Baylor
PIT

Owen Pappoe
LB Auburn
PIT

Ricky Stromberg
OC Arkansas

Pittsburgh Steelers
  • PIT

Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State

• PIT

Antonio Johnson
    S Texas A&M

• PIT

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• PIT

Tyrique Stevenson
    CB Miami (FL)

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

• PIT

Camerun Peoples
    RB Appalachian State

• PIT

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
    QB UCLA

We have to deal with ILB in FA. And or Edge. And just maybe there is someone on our existing roster.
Play the young guys Coach!

We have a 4.32 40 guy on our roster. Let’s see what Calvin can do before we draft another WR.

We will quite probably lose 2 QBs within 0-1 years. I take Robinson any day here for the last pick of the draft.
Shoring up our secondary and OLine is priority one for me. Having Mavi there was a bonus.
Antonio with Fitz back there......maybe signing Edmonds for that hybrid role? Stevenson might be a stud.
I’d take this draft any day.

But really. Who the hell knows. It’s all for fun.

Pittsburgh Steelers
  • PIT

Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State

• PIT

Antonio Johnson
    S Texas A&M

• PIT

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• PIT

Tyrique Stevenson
    CB Miami (FL)

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

• PIT

Camerun Peoples
    RB Appalachian State

• PIT

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
    QB UCLA

We have to deal with ILB in FA. And or Edge. And just maybe there is someone on our existing roster.
Play the young guys Coach!

We have a 4.32 40 guy on our roster. Let’s see what Calvin can do before we draft another WR.

We will quite probably lose 2 QBs within 0-1 years. I take Robinson any day here for the last pick of the draft.
Shoring up our secondary and OLine is priority one for me. Having Mavi there was a bonus.
Antonio with Fitz back there......maybe signing Edmonds for that hybrid role? Stevenson might be a stud.
I’d take this draft any day.

But really. Who the hell knows. It’s all for fun.
I would not be surprised if they draft a QB with one of their last 2 picks. He won't be looked to be a starter but as the backup.

21. Skoronski (hope we dont draft at 21, since our own 21 is an ignoramus and that would taint the pick)
40 Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Edge, Kansas State
44. Rashee Rice, WR, SMU
52. Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor
71. Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia
75. DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas
207. Cameron Mitchell, CB, Northwestern
225. Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

The first 2 picks could instantly make one of our weaknesses a strength on day 1 and help protect our new young QB. The rest of the picks focused on the other side of the ball with the big, athletic cog (Mazi Smith) in the middle we so desperately need. I went with athletic guys with as many picks as I could. You can't teach that.
    Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State

O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida

Jordan Battle
    S Alabama

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

Ja'quan Sheppard
    CB Cincinnati

Shaka Heyward
    LB Duke

• PIT

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • PIT

O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida
    trade icon
  • PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT

Sedrick Van Pran
    OC Georgia
    trade icon
  • PIT

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
    CB TCU
    trade icon
  • PIT

Ji'Ayir Brown
    S Penn State

• PIT

PJ Mustipher
    DT Penn State
    trade icon
  • 2024 NYG 1st
  • 2024 LAR 3rd
  • 2024 IND 3rd
  • 2024 NYG 4th

traded 13-16 gained a few extra picks
16 LT johnson ohio st
32 CB Porter JR penn st
44 DT IKA baylor
76 Edge Henry clemson
108 C/G OLuwatimi Michigan
172 WR Bell michigan
204MLB Diabate Utah
207 P Robbins
I can't take take more of cheeseburger Harvin has been 2 years, no Modificantions in technique and big leg but can't kick deep or even 55 been 2 years to figure the mustard bowl winds

• PIT

Joey Porter Jr.
    CB Penn State

• PIT

Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia

• PIT

Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh

• PIT

Cameron Latu
    TE Alabama

• PIT

Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas

• PIT

Tykee Smith
    S Georgia

• PIT

Dontay Demus Jr.
    WR Maryland
I ignored the trade back 2 picks and get 1 1st rd in 2024 trades.

• Jordan Addison
    WR USC

• PIT

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

• PIT

DJ Turner
    CB Michigan

• PIT

Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

I would spend jitter's $50 if the draft fell that way. Ho-lee shee-it, a superb WR (and somebody Pickett knows, rumor has it), a top-tier LT, a massive NT to blow up the "run up the middle 40 times" offenses of the Rats and Clowns, another DT to do the same thing, an elite ILBer to, oh, I don't know, BLOW UP THE RATS AND CLOWNS RUNNING GAME, a CB who is in reality probably gone by the 4th round and a very underrated WR.

DL? Check and check
ILB? Check
LT? Check
CB? Check
WR? Check and check

The updated draft spot put into action.

pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Joey Porter Jr.
    CB Penn State
    trade icon
  • PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT

Jaelyn Duncan
    OT Maryland

• PIT

Ji'Ayir Brown
    S Penn State

• PIT

Andrew Vorhees
    OG USC

• PIT

Ali Gaye
    EDGE LSU

• 2024 GB 2nd

I just believe that a #1 CB is necessary in today's NFL. Porter is big, fast, experienced, played against top-level competition at OSU and Michigan. Ika picked a bit earlier than some mocks as I think he does not make it to 46. Duncan is possibly an elite LT. Huge, great balance, moves really well, absolutely stuffs the speed rush. Edmunds is gone next year, Brown an excellent player. Vorhees upgrades OG. Gaye a big, talented edge rusher. If he runs a 4.65 at the combine, no way he drops to the 7th round. Also get a 2nd round pick for dropping one spot and giving up the earlier 7th round pick.

Went against my fake draft rules by making trades that are probably never going to happen in real life, but anyhoo:

pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Antonio Johnson
    S Texas A&M
    trade icon
  • PIT

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT

Sedrick Van Pran
    OC Georgia
    trade icon
  • PIT

Drew Sanders
    LB Arkansas

• PIT

Will McDonald IV
    EDGE Iowa State

• PIT

Dontayvion Wicks
    WR Virginia
    trade icon
  • PIT

Zacch Pickens
    DT South Carolina
    trade icon
  • PIT

Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

• 2024 BUF 2nd

Johnson a potentially elite S. He is big, fast, great tackler, good in the box, very good as single-high. Harrison a legit NFL-caliber LT, Ika a dominant NT. Van Pran a good C right now actually better in pass protection than run blocking but very athletic, mobile. Sanders and McDonald are both elite pass rushers who are not great against the run. Sanders could become an excellent nickel or dime OLB or even Mack ILB because of his long arms, good speed. He can match up in pass coverage with a TE and a lot of RB's. Pickens is a very good candidate to become a top-flight 3-4 DE, Wicks and Reed both are 6'2", over 200 lbs. with good hands. Wicks falls this late only because he was one of the unfortunate victims of that nutcase who shot a bunch of football players in Virginia.

1.16 Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
-I understand the temptation to go with a cornerback, but this offense needs help.

2.33 Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
-Verse is on the rise and would be a steal right here. The defense is at its best when they can get to the quarterback. This would add a third option to add to the rotation and help keep Watt and Highsmith fresh throughout the year.

2.46 Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
-The Steelers don't have a weapon with pure speed. I want another gamebreaker on offense and Hyatt can bring it. He averaged 18.9 YPC and had 15 touchdowns this season.

3.77 Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
One of the top linebackers in the draft. Who knows what the Steelers will do at the position with question marks in Bush, Jack, and Spillane.

1.16 Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
-I understand the temptation to go with a cornerback, but this offense needs help.

2.33 Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
-Verse is on the rise and would be a steal right here. The defense is at its best when they can get to the quarterback. This would add a third option to add to the rotation and help keep Watt and Highsmith fresh throughout the year.

2.46 Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
-The Steelers don't have a weapon with pure speed. I want another gamebreaker on offense and Hyatt can bring it. He averaged 18.9 YPC and had 15 touchdowns this season.

3.77 Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
One of the top linebackers in the draft. Who knows what the Steelers will do at the position with question marks in Bush, Jack, and Spillane.

I would not criticize using pick 16 on Skoronski, but think that when Sutton leaves, the Steelers are back to depending on Witherspoon to take the #2 CB spot and that did not work out well in 2022. I think three CB's are definitely worth a top-20 pick: Ringo, Porter Jr. and Gonzalez.

Cam Smith of South Carolina is just a tick below that level because he is just not as big as the first three. The next tier of Witherspoon (Illinois) and Branch (Alabama) is definitely not the same level. I can all but guarantee that one of the three in the "2nd tier" becomes a very good NFL CB, but the question is, "Which one?"

You draft Ringo, Porter Jr. or Gonzalez and you have a guy who is in your defensive backfield for 5 seasons doing good things.

Not sure which of the 2 mock draft sites have truly better rankings but I am thinking this one does. Snagged a good OT in the first and a good CB in the 2nd. With our 2nd second-round pick I made our OL a strength with arguably the best G in the draft. Morris is very athletic to go opposite Cam. If he doesn't start in year 1, he will push for the spot early. Xavier is another big-bodied WR. Hopefully, Austin comes back from his injury and is given a chance. The Steelers have a habit of leaving injured rookies on the side of the road and don't give them much of a chance in year 2 after the injury. We've seen it time and time again. I've said I don't know much about Baldonado from Pitt but his athletic profile and story make him a very intriguing late-round pick. Eichenberg is another interesting late-round pick.

I still think we need that big, powerful NT in the middle who commands double teams to make the entire D work. I think it is foolish for Tomlin to keep ignoring the elephant in the room because of "sub-package football". Any big man that can command double teams in the middle of the line and collapse the pocket like Big Snack used to is an asset to the entire D. These guys aren't just 2 down players if used correctly. This draft didn't fall that way but I think we need that big NT in the next draft or two to make our D truly special while Watt is still in his prime.