• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL 2023 draft simulator

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score

Trenton Simpson
LB Clemson
trade icon
PIT

Anton Harrison
OT Oklahoma
PIT

Siaki Ika
DT Baylor
trade icon
PIT

Jalin Hyatt
WR Tennessee
trade icon
PIT

Tyrique Stevenson
CB Miami (FL)
PIT

Ricky Stromberg
OC Arkansas
trade icon
PIT

Zach Harrison
EDGE Ohio State

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I am think the Steelers are going to trade back at some point to get more picks there are a lot of draft picks in between our 4th round and our 7th round picks
I'd be surprised. They have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds. I'd look to put them to good use. I could actually see them use their 7th to move up say in the 4th round. They need quality right now, not necessarily quantity. They also may be looking to move Trubisky but they probably won't get anything higher than a 5th for him. I'm not sure if there is anyone else they might look to move.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be surprised. They have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds. I'd look to put them to good use. I could actually see them use their 7th to move up say in the 4th round. They need quality right now, not necessarily quantity. They also may be looking to move Trubisky but they probably won't get anything higher than a 5th for him. I'm not sure if there is anyone else they might look to move.
I hope you are correct. would much rather have 5 great picks than 10 good picks

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope you are correct. would much rather have 5 great picks than 10 good picks
Let's hope Khan and crew will show us some magic in this draft and keep Tomlin as an advisor only.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The draft fell this way and I took pretty much BPA without looking back. Anderson paired with Watt would be unstoppable and add in a true NT. Boom! To'oto'o is a little light in the pants but he runs around a 4.5. If he can put on about 10 lbs, he will be a solid ILB. Schmitz is our C of the future and Nelson needs some time to develop a bit. Reed could make the team in the slot. The reason I like this draft is aside from a CB1, it instantly can make our D a powerhouse until Watt hangs them up.

Will Anderson Jr. EDGE | Alabama

Siaki Ika DL | Baylor

Henry To'oto'o LB | Alabama

John Michael Schmitz OL | Minnesota

Zion Nelson OT | Miami (FL)

Jayden Reed WR | Michigan State

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The draft fell this way and I took pretty much BPA without looking back. Anderson paired with Watt would be unstoppable and add in a true NT. Boom! To'oto'o is a little light in the pants but he runs around a 4.5. If he can put on about 10 lbs, he will be a solid ILB. Schmitz is our C of the future and Nelson needs some time to develop a bit. Reed could make the team in the slot. The reason I like this draft is aside from a CB1, it instantly can make our D a powerhouse until Watt hangs them up.

Siaki Ika DL | Baylor

If JMS is there at 80, id be ecstatic

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Siaki Ika DL | Baylor

That draft would be awesome. Yeah, no quality LT but Schmitz is the best C in the draft. No way Will Anderson falls that far but whatever - the mock says he's there, he's there. He and Watt would destroy passing games. Ika is huge, athletic, nimble, demands double-teams. Oh, so I guess every team now needs 6 blockers to account for Heyward, Ika, Leal, Watt and Anderson? Wait, that means Watt or Anderson plus Heyward, Leal and Ika are singled!

To'oto'o is very active, does a great job of reading running plays and hitting the hole to stuff runs. Reed is my favorite late-round WR. Good size, very good hands.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Using the NFL Draft Lounge simulator. The trade offers are ... less than generous. Makes me pick based on who is available.

steelers.svg

Pittsburgh Steelers
    steelers.svg

Christian Gonzalez
    CB | Oregon
    A+
    steelers.svg

Jaelyn Duncan
    OT | Maryland
    B
    steelers.svg

John Michael Schmitz
    IOL | Minnesota
    A

steelers.svg

Will McDonald IV
    DL | Iowa State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Tykee Smith
    S | Georgia
    A+

steelers.svg

Rome Odunze
    WR | Washington
    A+
    steelers.svg

Jayden Reed
    WR | Michigan State
    B+

• Big, fast, physical CB. Massive LT with great footwork, superb pass blocker. Best C in the draft. Quality, productive edge rusher, a very good S who can cover in the middle of the field, and two WR's who can upgrade the receiving corps.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, this draft has some replication just because the players are too good to pass up when available.
    steelers.svg

Quentin Johnston
    WR | TCU
    A
    steelers.svg

Noah Sewell
    LB | Oregon
    B+
    steelers.svg

Cody Mauch
    OT | North Dakota State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    B+
    steelers.svg

Calijah Kancey
    DL | Pittsburgh
    A+
    steelers.svg

Jayden Reed
    WR | Michigan State
    B+

• Quentin Johnson is a force. Ho-lee sheeit, Kenny gets to throw to Johnson, Pickens, Austin, Freiermuth?? Yes, please. Two elite LB'ers in Sewell and Campbell, a talented LT who is praised for his athleticism, a productive DT and a solid possession receiver. Miss out on CB and S, but the WR talent, LB, LT and DT make this very productive.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
  • Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State

• PIT

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• PIT

Jalin Hyatt
    WR Tennessee

• PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

• PIT

Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

• PIT

DJ Turner
    CB Michigan

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
  • Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State

• PIT

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• PIT

Jalin Hyatt
    WR Tennessee

• PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

• PIT

Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

• PIT

DJ Turner
    CB Michigan
Trenches

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
  • Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State

• PIT

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• PIT

Jalin Hyatt
    WR Tennessee

• PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

• PIT

Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

• PIT

DJ Turner
    CB Michigan

Best mock I’ve seen in awhile. We can’t keep ignoring the trenches as we did when we passed up on Creed who happens to have made the PRO BOWL this year.

Weapons can’t seem to block as well as QUALITY linemen.

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Best mock I’ve seen in awhile. We can’t keep ignoring the trenches as we did when we passed up on Creed who happens to have made the PRO BOWL this year.

Weapons can’t seem to block as well as QUALITY linemen.

Salute the nation

That guy who Denver drafted with the third we sent them for Bush isn’t going to be a pro bowler anytime soon but he has started for 3 years and was way better than Kendrick Green was

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So too bad real drafts don't turn out this well, but anyhoo:

pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern
    trade icon
  • PIT

Rashee Rice
    WR SMU

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• PIT

Devon Witherspoon
    CB Illinois
    trade icon
  • PIT

Zacch Pickens
    DT South Carolina

• PIT

Tykee Smith
    S Georgia

• 2024 BAL 5th

Skoronski is labeled as potentially "too small" to be an elite LT in the NFL. Hey, didn't we hear the exact same thing about some guy named Slater, also a LT prospect from Northwestern? Why yes - yes we did. Getting a very good #2 WR in Rice. He has amazing hands. Ika is a stud NT. He demands double teams. Single him at your own risk. Campbell a very good ILB. Quite good at zone pass coverage and he is a big dude and tackling machine. Witherspoon is way too good to last this long. Can work man, very good at zone. Pickens is a very good 3-4 DE. Smith a promising S prospect, good enough in coverage that he played some CB for Georgia, who rumor has it has a pretty good college defense.

Oh, and an extra 5th rounder in the 2024 draft for when the team trades away another 5th rounder.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PFN - did some trade downs, rejected trades for future picks, preferring to stay in the current draft:

15. Joey Porter, JR, CB, Penn State
. Obvious
37. Gervon Dexter, DT, Florida - traded down and still got the guy I wanted. Beef up the DL.
49. Rashee Rice, WR, SMU - one of the best and most underrated WRs in the draft. 6-2, 203, 4.36 40, "limited route tree" which works to his advantage under Canada!
80. Blake Freeland, OT, BYU - future stud LT. BYU rarely produces crappy OL. 6-8, 305. At this point, we could easily flip Moore inside to LG.
131. Malachi Moore, S, Bama - the last S we got from Bama turned out pretty good. Moore isnt as big, but is physical and supports run defense. Needs work on pass d
155. Cody Mauch, OT/G, North Dakota St. Looks like Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Has shorter arms, but is a TE turned OT. Would slot in nicely inside, as he's very athletic.
169. Payton Wilson, LB, NC State - Would be a STer for a couple seasons, but at 6-4, 230 has the size for a ILB once he gets acclimated to the NFL.
212. Byron Young, OLB, Tennessee - isnt the biggest, quickest or fastest LB, but is all motor and very athletic.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Im going off needs, so I dont care PFF grades
13 LT Johnson big long LT played in pass first OT did a great perfect need for Kenny, seeing we have a marginal LT right now.
2 DT IKA next Vilfork immovable perfect replacement for Heyward on the DL starts at NG in off man even plays the 1T tired of seeing Baltimore, Cincy pushing our DL with Ease.
2B CB Porter JR if he falls here its a pipe dream but too good shut down CB.
76 DE/LB Morris 6"6 285 moves like a a 260 rusher tough vs the run and would be an excellent DE opposite of Leal and in nickel stand-up rusher or 3T shoot gap rusher, how Philly uses Hargrave
4 WR DEll WR Houston Speed size, to eventually take over for DJ
5 ILB Simon replaces Bush
6 OT Hayes power run blocker good to groom in asa swing T
6 WR Bell after a great Fiesta Bowl his stock will rise has everything that reminds you of Ward the scrappiness, the same frame but Bell is much faster

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
it 100% depends on free agency, but the more of these fake drafts I do, the more I could see them go CB,OT,DL in that order

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
it 100% depends on free agency, but the more of these fake drafts I do, the more I could see them go CB,OT,DL in that order
I would throw WR somewhere in the mix too but yeah. I expect them to make a push to resign Sutton and Edmunds. And will bring in an ILBer (maybe).

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PFN - did some trade downs, rejected trades for future picks, preferring to stay in the current draft:

15. Joey Porter, JR, CB, Penn State. Obvious
37. Gervon Dexter, DT, Florida - traded down and still got the guy I wanted. Beef up the DL.
49. Rashee Rice, WR, SMU - one of the best and most underrated WRs in the draft. 6-2, 203, 4.36 40, "limited route tree" which works to his advantage under Canada!
80. Blake Freeland, OT, BYU - future stud LT. BYU rarely produces crappy OL. 6-8, 305. At this point, we could easily flip Moore inside to LG.
131. Malachi Moore, S, Bama - the last S we got from Bama turned out pretty good. Moore isnt as big, but is physical and supports run defense. Needs work on pass d
155. Cody Mauch, OT/G, North Dakota St. Looks like Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Has shorter arms, but is a TE turned OT. Would slot in nicely inside, as he's very athletic.
169. Payton Wilson, LB, NC State - Would be a STer for a couple seasons, but at 6-4, 230 has the size for a ILB once he gets acclimated to the NFL.
212. Byron Young, OLB, Tennessee - isnt the biggest, quickest or fastest LB, but is all motor and very athletic.

Nice but NOT high enough investment into trench workers. I know it depends on who is there but I’d like HIGH investment if value is there.

CB is huge need as you know and actually Moore & Dotson could work there way into solid or very good depth.

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
  • PIT

Joey Porter Jr.
    CB Penn State

• PIT

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma

• PIT

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• PIT

Ruke Orhorhoro
    DT Clemson

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

• PIT

Tykee Smith
    S Georgia

• PIT

Jalen Cropper
    WR Fresno State

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice but NOT high enough investment into trench workers. I know it depends on who is there but I’d like HIGH investment if value is there.

CB is huge need as you know and actually Moore & Dotson could work there way into solid or very good depth.

Salute the nation
IMO, this is one of the better drafts for us.

We get Dexter to infuse the DL with some youth. He, Loudermilk and Leal would be the current future of the DL.
Freeland is an unheralded gem and I hope we find a way to get this dude.
Mauch would immediately supplant Dotson, or at the very least make him expendable after the 2023 season

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would seriously be OK with this. We get 2 potential 10-year starters on the OL with one of the best LT and G's in the draft. We also get a top DL who can pair with Cam and take over for him when he retires. We get a blazing CB. I believe he runs around 4.3. You can't teach that. We get a good WR and how is Eichenberg there in the 7th. He's not a blazer but he is big enough and has decent speed. This is the site that doesn't have us with an extra 6th or 7th-round pick. I think this would maximize these picks pretty darn well.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Joey Porter Jr.
    CB Penn State

• PIT

Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia

• PIT

Jalin Hyatt
    WR Tennessee

• PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• PIT

Zacch Pickens
    DT South Carolina

• PIT

Matthew Jones
    OG Ohio State

• PIT

Ja'von Hicks
    S Cincinnati

• Big physical CB, very talented LT, a weapon at WR, underrated ILB who can blow up running plays and cover in zone, a good DLman who is more a 4 or 5 than a 2, G prospect and big S.