• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

No more anchor babies.

Super cool we’re now launching tear gas at women and children. Welcome to Trump’s America, to the Right’s America. No Trump supporter can ever call themselves Christian again.

What a bunch of bullshit.

What a bunch of bullshit.

K3TXOAHRBII6RGOCZ7FG7T3BBQ.jpg

‘These children are barefoot. In diapers. Choking on tear gas.’
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...pers-choking-tear-gas/?utm_term=.b4f91fb2a54a

A little girl from Honduras stares into the camera, her young features contorted in anguish. She’s barefoot, dusty and clad only in a diaper and T-shirt. And she’s just had to run from clouds of choking tear gas fired across the border by U.S. agents.

A second photograph, which also circulated widely and rapidly on social media, shows an equally anguished woman frantically trying to drag the same child and a second toddler away from the gas as it spreads.

The three were part of a much larger group, perhaps 70 or 80 men, women and children, pictured in a wider angle image fleeing the tear gas.

Reuters photographer Kim Kyung-Hoon shot the photos, which provoked outrage and seemed at odds with President Trump’s portrayal of the caravan migrants as “criminals” and “gang members.”

Maybe instead of blaming Trump or anyone else, maybe we should blame the parents that dragged that kid all that way knowing the administration’s position on illegal immigration. I can be as empathetic as anyone, but there comes a point where the country has to clamp down on illegal immigration. If you are in favor of illegal immigration, this is just as much your fault as it is the people showing up demanding this and that from our country. No one has that right. No one.

Super cool we’re now launching tear gas at women and children. Welcome to Trump’s America, to the Right’s America. No Trump supporter can ever call themselves Christian again.

pray tell what you would do if, upon gaining entry to this country, it turns out the vast majority of these are criminals and continue to break laws? It's not difficult to imagine that this is not a hypothetical. it's difficult to believe that there are zero criminals in the group. It's preposterous to suggest there are not any criminals of some sort attempting to blend in with the others really facing a crisis in their home country. It's beyond ridiculous to just throw open the borders and let anyone come in. Do you remember September 11, 2001? I do. I recall the ******** who overstayed their visas (which means they were here legally) and killed thousands, while ushering in a new wave of security manifestations and more eroding of liberties and freedoms.

But, before we get down that path of the Saudis, please explain how you'd go about separating the nefarious from the weak and innocent trying to come here? You can see that these people are not going down the correct path to gain citizenship. They're quite literally jumping the wall. That is not legal. Do you just shrug your shoulders and continue on with your life?

pray tell what you would do
This situation has been unfolding for weeks in advance. Ample time to send buses & agents down to the border to provide an orderly process for weeding out the legitimate asylum seekers from those who don't qualify. And yes, provide plenty of drinking water and lavatory facilities. We're America, the richest, most powerful country in the world. There has to be a better way, other than Trump ordering the border shut down and dealing with the ensuing chaos with tear gas and rubber bullets. Call me naive and an idealist.

This situation has been unfolding for weeks in advance. Ample time to send buses & agents down to the border to provide an orderly process for weeding out the legitimate asylum seekers from those who don't qualify. And yes, provide plenty of drinking water and lavatory facilities. We're America, the richest, most powerful country in the world. There has to be a better way, other than Trump ordering the border shut down and dealing with the ensuing chaos with tear gas and rubber bullets. Call me naive and an idealist.

whatever. dodge and deflect.
you didnt answer.

what, given the circumstances NOW, would you do?

https://www.wral.com/mexico-to-up-s...IufpYv22Cg84AL7Q26CjH7XX5LABeGvf5OfUTQO3_11g-

By CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN, Associated Press

TIJUANA, Mexico — Mexico pledged to shore up security near its border with the United States and local authorities said that 39 migrants were arrested after a peaceful march devolved into chaos when U.S. agents fired tear gas into Mexico to stop some migrants who tried to breach the border.

Mexico's Interior Ministry said Sunday it would immediately deport those who tried to "violently" enter the U.S. from Tijuana. Meanwhile, Tijuana's municipal government said that more than three-dozen migrants were arrested for disturbing the peace and other charges stemming from the march and what followed.

The vast majority of the more than 5,000 Central American migrants camped out for more than a week at a sports complex in Tijuana returned to their makeshift shelter to line up for food and recuperate from an unsettling afternoon.

Lurbin Sarmiento, 26, of Copan, Honduras, walked back to the sports complex with her 4-year-old daughter shaken from what had unfolded a short time earlier at the Tijuana River and U.S. border.

She had been at the bottom of the river, a concrete riverbed conveying a trickle of water, near the border with her daughter when U.S. agents fired tear gas.

Central_America_Migrant_Caravan_01349

"We ran, but the smoke always reached us and my daughter was choking," Sarmiento said.

She said she never would have gotten that close with her daughter if she thought there would be gas.

The gas reached hundreds of migrants protesting near the border after some of them attempted to get through the fencing and wire separating the two countries. American authorities shut down the nation's busiest border crossing at San Ysidro for several hours at the end of the Thanksgiving weekend.

The situation devolved after the group began a peaceful march to appeal for the U.S. to speed processing of asylum claims for Central American migrants marooned in Tijuana.

Mexican police had kept them from walking over a bridge leading to the Mexican port of entry, but the migrants pushed past officers to walk across the Tijuana River below the bridge. More police carrying plastic riot shields were on the other side, but migrants walked along the river to an area where only an earthen levee and concertina wire separated them from U.S. Border Patrol agents.

Some saw an opportunity to breach the crossing.

An Associated Press reporter saw U.S. agents shoot several rounds of tear gas after some migrants attempted to penetrate several points along the border. Mexico's Milenio TV showed images of migrants climbing over fences and peeling back metal sheeting to enter.

Honduran Ana Zuniga, 23, also said she saw migrants opening a small hole in concertina wire at a gap on the Mexican side of a levee, at which point U.S. agents fired tear gas at them.

Children screamed and coughed. Fumes were carried by the wind toward people who were hundreds of feet away.

"We ran, but when you run the gas asphyxiates you more," Zuniga told the AP while cradling her 3-year-old daughter Valery in her arms.

As the chaos unfolded, shoppers just yards away on the U.S. side streamed in and out of an outlet mall, which eventually closed.

Throughout the day, U.S. Customs and Border Protection helicopters flew overhead, while U.S. agents on foot watched beyond the wire fence in California. The Border Patrol office in San Diego said via Twitter that pedestrian crossings were suspended at the San Ysidro port of entry at the East and West facilities. All northbound and southbound traffic was halted for several hours. Every day more than 100,000 people enter the U.S. there.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said in a statement that U.S. authorities will continue to have a "robust" presence along the Southwest border and that they will prosecute anyone who damages federal property or violates U.S. sovereignty.

"DHS will not tolerate this type of lawlessness and will not hesitate to shut down ports of entry for security and public safety reasons," she said.

More than 5,000 migrants have been camped in and around a sports complex in Tijuana after making their way through Mexico in recent weeks via caravan. Many hope to apply for asylum in the U.S., but agents at the San Ysidro entry point are processing fewer than 100 asylum petitions a day.

Irineo Mujica, who has accompanied the migrants for weeks as part of the aid group Pueblo Sin Fronteras, said the aim of Sunday's march toward the U.S. border was to make the migrants' plight more visible to the governments of Mexico and the U.S.

"We can't have all these people here," Mujica said.

Tijuana Mayor Juan Manuel Gastelum on Friday declared a humanitarian crisis in his border city of 1.6 million, which he says is struggling to accommodate the crush of migrants.

U.S. President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Monday to express his displeasure with the caravans in Mexico and to make another pitch for his promised border wall.

"Mexico should move the flag waving Migrants, many of whom are stone cold criminals, back to their countries," Trump tweeted. "Do it by plane, do it by bus, do it anyway you want, but they are NOT coming into the U.S.A. We will close the Border permanently if need be. Congress, fund the WALL!"

Trump has repeatedly suggested without evidence that the migrant caravans are full of hardened criminals, but they are mostly poor people with few belongings who are fleeing gang violence. During his presidential campaign, he promised he'd have Mexico pay for the wall.

Mexico's Interior Ministry said Sunday the country has sent 11,000 Central Americans back to their countries of origin since Oct. 19, when the first caravan entered the country. It said that 1,906 of those who have returned were members of the recent caravans.

Mexico is on track to send a total of around 100,000 Central Americans back home by the end of this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...pers-choking-tear-gas/?utm_term=.b4f91fb2a54a

When I see images like this, I rail with anger at the parents. How dare they do this to their child? To bring them on this trek, ill prepared. To abuse these children in this way.

I get that their life at home may be tough and unbearable. I posted about Honduras - a human rights nightmare. But work to come through the USA's front door. WE WELCOME YOU. But **** these parents that take their children on a knowingly dangerous trek and prepare to put these children in the path of violence trying to make an illegal entry into the USA.

At a minimum, if you insist on being a law breaking criminal trying to invade the USA, do it alone. Don't bring your child. Then when you get here, work to get your child here by some other legal means. But to put your child in this type of harm? What a travesty. What disgraceful people.

Also, what we are seeing the Washington Post and HuffPo, etc doing with these images is the same thing the PLO does after Israel lobs bombs into Palestine, or what the Iraqis did when we launched bombs on their cities...show pictures of women and children victims to take the spotlight off of the bad guys. These images lure in and work on the weak (like Tibs) and get people focused on symptoms, not the disease.

This caravan is chock full of bad guys. 100% of them are criminals as they would be illegals entering the country. They have begun assaulting our border patrol agents and facilities.

But this poor child in diapers...

It's all about how you look at things, there are more than two sides. And I see this picture and want to separate that child from that mother who is clearly unfit to be a parent.

https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/famil...suspect-had-criminal-past-and-in-us-illegally

EL PASO, Texas — El Paso Police arrested the man they say was behind the wheel in a deadly hit and run Thanksgiving morning on Cincinnati and Mesa street.

24-year-old Joel Velazquez, is now facing charges of an accident involving death.

KFOX14 Investigates has learned at the time of the crash he was out on bond from a 2017 assault charge.

He appears to be in the country illegally and is now currently on an ICE detention hold, related to his immigration status, meaning he cannot bond out of jail.

If he could, his bond is set at $125,000.

Police say he blew through a red light just before 2 a.m. Thursday morning.

That's when he hit Amanda “Mandy” Ferguson Weyant, who was in the crosswalk, and took off. Police later found his vehicle abandoned on Cincinnati.

Mandy was a sixth grade teacher at Eastwood Heights Elementary School.

The community has been mourning her throughout the holiday weekend.

Her family wants the man responsible for their daughter’s death to be held accountable.

“He’s destroyed my family. My daughter, Mandy, was the glue that held my family in place, she was my everything,” said Dan Ferguson.

Saturday morning, he received a call from EPPD, telling him the man who hit his 28-year-old daughter Mandy, a bubbly 6th grade teacher, turned himself in, two days after fleeing the scene.

“I saw where my daughter was hit and where her body was 50 feet from the point of contact. He didn’t even attempt to stop to render aid,” said Ferguson.

There was some relief, but also frustration.

“This man, because of his careless actions, has destroyed a complete family,” said Ferguson.

The family says they learned Velazquez has a criminal past and was in the country illegally.

“It just doesn’t add up, it doesn’t seem to be fair,” said Ferguson.

Mandy’s parents are trying to find peace in the memories and the joy their daughter brought to so many people.

“She was my world, she was my wife’s best friend but she was my baby girl,” said Ferguson

But they also want accountability and justice for Mandy.

“Everything was perfect in her life and to have it all taken and senselessly destroyed this is something no parent should go through,” said Ferguson.

Funeral services for Mandy will be on Wednesday, November 28th from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Crest View Funeral Home 1426 Zaragoza.

I see you bailed on that question, Tibs.
No wonder you wanted Hillary to win. She bailed on Americans, too.

Maybe instead of blaming Trump or anyone else, maybe we should blame the parents that dragged that kid all that way knowing the administration’s position on illegal immigration. I can be as empathetic as anyone, but there comes a point where the country has to clamp down on illegal immigration. If you are in favor of illegal immigration, this is just as much your fault as it is the people showing up demanding this and that from our country. No one has that right. No one.
Exactly. In the US it's called child endangerment. To your second point, it is absolutely the democrats' fault for creating this situation. Every single time they exacerbate the exact problem they claim to want to fix. If we had a strong and unambiguous immigration policy and strong border enforcement, this would have never happened.

When I see images like this, I rail with anger at the parents. How dare they do this to their child? To bring them on this trek, ill prepared.
It's called seeking asylum, fleeing murder and suffering, seeking shelter, safety and security. According to the UNHCR 'an unprecedented 68.5 million people around the world have been forced from home." This happens to be a mere 3-4,000 of them.

Last edited:
I see you bailed on that question, Tibs.
I didn't bail on jack ****. I'm not here to answer your questions at your whims and demands.

No wonder you wanted Hillary to win. She bailed on Americans, too.
Now that's just stupid.

We're America, the richest country in the world.

Not at $22 Trillion in debt and counting we’re not. We’re terribly irresponsible and left’s lackadaisical approach to immigration reflects that.

****, not even lackadaisical. Apathetic if not criminal is probably a better way to describe it.

I didn't bail on jack ****. I'm not here to answer your questions at your whims and demands.

Now that's just stupid.

keep dodging and deflecting.
could you point out the women and diaper-wearing children trying to jump the fences?

It's called seeking asylum, fleeing murder and suffering, seeking shelter, safety and security. According to the UNHCR 'an unprecedented 68.5 million people around the world have been forced from home." This happens to be a mere 3-4,000 of them.
We’re not talking 3-4,000. Some estimates have the number of illegal immigrants living in America as high as 20 million, though most estimates are around 12-15 million. And that’s how it happens. It’s only 3,000. Where does it end?

Not at $22 Trillion in debt and counting we’re not. We’re terribly irresponsible and left’s lackadaisical approach to immigration reflects that.

Wait, what? Trump's been shouting from the rooftops 24/7 how everything is so great and dandy with the economy, 'the strongest it's ever been!' thanks to him and his genius, never-seen-before handling of the the economy.

This article from the Houston Chronicle gives insight on the situation on the ground.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"What I saw at the border was far worse than I imagined, not only because of what these families experienced, but because of what had happened to the American workers guarding them." <br>An extraordinary account of American cruelty, from Claudia Kolker <a href="https://t.co/QY8medqnEC">https://t.co/QY8medqnEC</a></p>— Anne Applebaum (@anneapplebaum) <a href="https://twitter.com/anneapplebaum/status/1067049963815911424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 26, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Don’t try and change the discussion. $22 trillion in debt in not “rich” by any standard. And it has dick to do with the economy.

Well, it’s past my bedtime. Until tomorrow.........

Don’t try and change the discussion. $22 trillion in debt in not “rich” by any standard.
I believe the discussion here is about what's happening at the border with this current group of asylum seekers, is it not? Not the fact Trump's policies have triggered a substansive debt increase or that his much-revered economic gains have been mostly smoke & mirrors. How a nation handles legitimate asylum seekers has to do with its soul, not its pocketbook.

whatever. dodge and deflect.
you didnt answer.

what, given the circumstances NOW, would you do?

What gives you the right to ask the all powerful all knowing Tibs questions? You're just a plebe to his all mighty wonderfulness.

Also Tibs doesn't give a damn about the U.S. There is no need to argue with him because many people are under the assumption that he wants what is best for the U.S.... he doesn't. If the U.S. turned into a 3rd world shithole Tibs would be just fine with it. We deserve it anyway. He wants the entire world to be the 3rd world. Nobody in their right mind believes the U.S. can handle the entire world so that means that people that want us too really want our destruction.

BTW people hate it when we are the world's police but they are good when we are the world's sanctuary, bank or food provider.

#FakeNews Media all share same photo of “women & kids gassed”.

Hoaxed: The ‘Illegal Alien Mom with Barefoot Kids’ Photo was a Setup

The ‘Illegal Alien Mom with Barefoot Kids’ Photo was a Setup – Another Staged #FakeNews Production

After further review, yesterday’s ‘horrific’ picture of a woman with barefoot children running from the US border wall was a hoax. In the background of the picture a group of men are posing for one camera man and another is running towards another camera man. In other areas, people are just standing around. The woman with the children was just a photo-op:

Ds5MwsWV4AAnq-J.jpg

https://twitter.com/jetrotter/statu...s-a-setup-another-staged-fakenews-production/

I believe the discussion here is about what's happening at the border with this current group of asylum seekers, is it not? Not the fact Trump's policies have triggered a substansive debt increase or that his much-revered economic gains have been mostly smoke & mirrors. How a nation handles legitimate asylum seekers has to do with its soul, not its pocketbook.

How a nation handles asylum seekers has to do with its pocketbook and its soul. It takes money to address this problem. Soup kitchens do run out of funds and the homeless go unfed. You Liberals operate believing there is this endless supply of $$ to address these future Democratic voters. We already spend $185Billion annually on ILLEGAL immigrants.

A nation's soul....that is indeed interesting that you bring that up and insert that into this conversation so let's follow Alice down the rabbit hole.

Would you take food from your starving child's mouth to feed an illegal immigrant? How about two illegals? Maybe a family? At what point would you put your family first, or at what point would you let your wife and daughters perish so that you could continue to try to help these immigrants? I'm curious what you'd put first.

The United States has somewhere between 200K-500K homeless people. 11% are US Veterans. 43.1 Million Americans live below the poverty line in the USA. 100Million live in "near poverty." In 2013 1 in 30 children were homeless at some point in the year 2013.

A nation with a "soul" takes care of its own. It's natural that you protect your family first. We do not have infinite resources. We can't employ and feed our own, yet we want to open the doors and swell the 20-30million illegal immigrants rank. Brilliant.

This should affect your soul.

56cb7b841e000021007028d8.jpeg

1117_homeless_kids_screengrab.png

02HOMELESS1-articleLarge.jpg