• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Noll's last game

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score

Some noteworthy, well-known players (Woodson, Lloyd, Hoge), some not-so-well-known (Richard Shelton 3 ints, Jerrol Williams, 4 sacks just this game)

Noll's last game, beating the Browns. So appropriate. What is little-known (remembered) is Noll took this same basic team on a playoff run the season before, beating the (very talented) Oilers in their house before barely losing to Elway's Broncos. Those were back in the days when we won some playoff games still. I'd take those late 80's-early 90's Steelers teams any day over the crap Tomlin puts out. Those teams played HARD. Give me a team with Woodson, Lloyd, Lake, Hoge, Foster, Lipps, John Jackson, Dirt Dawson, Haselrig, Tunch, Thomas Everette, Aaron Jones.

Some noteworthy, well-known players (Woodson, Lloyd, Hoge), some not-so-well-known (Richard Shelton 3 ints, Jerrol Williams, 4 sacks just this game)

Noll's last game, beating the Browns. So appropriate. What is little-known (remembered) is Noll took this same basic team on a playoff run the season before, beating the (very talented) Oilers in their house before barely losing to Elway's Broncos. Those were back in the days when we won some playoff games still. I'd take those late 80's-early 90's Steelers teams any day over the crap Tomlin puts out. Those teams played HARD. Give me a team with Woodson, Lloyd, Lake, Hoge, Foster, Lipps, John Jackson, Dirt Dawson, Haselrig, Tunch, Thomas Everette, Aaron Jones.

Man you were doing good. A positive topic. then of course you have to bash Tomlin. the streak continues

How dare you bring Chuck Knoll in to this.

You are an imbecile, using the greatest coach ever to only turn it into a Coach Tomlin bashing.

Your mood on Tomlin is well known, but you have reached new heights in disrespecting the Emporer.

Your drizzle has long lost any respect, try something new and deliver your insight (yes that’s singular) in just one thread so as we can avoid you all together.

What legitimate football insight you have, has long been overshadowed by your love fest for Mr. Tomlin.

Salute the nation

Look at meeeeee!!!!!!

Noll was no doubt tired physically from the years and grind. One thing that stands out from the audio is that the acoustics in Three Rivers were so much better. Acrisure sounds like a wake on TV.

Tomlin is full of vim and vigor at 52. Even though his results and approach have been stale for years. The organization definitely decided to force some changes, so we can only see how it all plays out this year.

Greg, they’re not moving on from Mike Tomlin. You can complain, spin, twist all you want, but only one guy’s opinion matters.
May I make a suggestion please. Get on board and support this team. There is still a lot to like here.
They’ve added some really good young OL pieces,
a nice receiver in Wilson, and a LBer in Payton Wilson.
There is no sense complaining cause it ain’t changing anytime soon man.
And yes, I loved The Emperor too but that was yesteryear. Move on Greg!

Noll was no doubt tired physically from the years and grind. One thing that stands out from the audio is that the acoustics in Three Rivers were so much better. Acrisure sounds like a wake on TV.

Tomlin is full of vim and vigor at 52. Even though his results and approach have been stale for years. The organization definitely decided to force some changes, so we can only see how it all plays out this year.
I've been to both 3 Rivers and Heinz Field. There is a mad difference in the acoustics and overall game experience: 3 Rivers was way more intimidating to opponents. The sound had nowhere to leak out. You could feel the sound right through your spine.

Thank God Rooneys have decided to force some changes, better late than never.

I've been to both 3 Rivers and Heinz Field. There is a mad difference in the acoustics and overall game experience: 3 Rivers was way more intimidating to opponents. The sound had nowhere to leak out. You could feel the sound right through your spine.

Thank God Rooneys have decided to force some changes, better late than never.
I remember watching in the 1990s I was actually glad when the stodgy offense would get off the field because you'd get to watch the defense with the crowd behind it.

I remember watching in the 1990s I was actually glad when the stodgy offense would get off the field because you'd get to watch the defense with the crowd behind it.
I remember feeling the exact same way: It was like "Yea, the offense didn't do anything again, but watch out, because now the D is taking the field." That was awesome. And that D rarely disappointed. That group was special: Lloyd, Woodson, Lake, Greene, Nickerson, Perry, Gerald Williams. This game was an example of that very thing.

Apparently Bellicheat has a 24 year old cheerleader GF. Hahaha
Her parents were probably kids when that game was played

Greg, they’re not moving on from Mike Tomlin. You can complain, spin, twist all you want, but only one guy’s opinion matters.
May I make a suggestion please. Get on board and support this team. There is still a lot to like here.
They’ve added some really good young OL pieces,
a nice receiver in Wilson, and a LBer in Payton Wilson.
There is no sense complaining cause it ain’t changing anytime soon man.
And yes, I loved The Emperor too but that was yesteryear. Move on Greg!
So according to you the fans' chant of "Fire Canada" had nothing to do with Art II stepping in and forcing that he get fired? I disagree strongly. Those chants had EVERYTHING to do with him getting canned. And I think the chants heard at the Pens' game were the coup d'état to seal the deal.

So according to you the fans' chant of "Fire Canada" had nothing to do with Art II stepping in and forcing that he get fired? I disagree strongly. Those chants had EVERYTHING to do with him getting canned. And I think the chants heard at the Pens' game were the coup d'état to seal the deal.

Everything? Not sure about that, but I don't doubt it helped.

Just like Tomlins teams, Nolls teams of the late 80's were mediocre. No playoff wins from 1985 to 1993. Cowher took over in 1992.

I'm not sure Tomlin is solely responsible for the teams you claim, "he puts out".

Last edited:
Truth. I clearly remember Tomlin picking Devin Bush and someone else picking TJ Watt.
of course. I know Tomlin reached out to the Steelers and told them to draft Jamain Stephens. back in the 90s. and of course had to take a dump when they rebuilt the oline the last few years

Truth. I clearly remember Tomlin picking Devin Bush and someone else picking TJ Watt.

That was slash, he picked TJ WATT, fastest split time ever, from crowd to podium for the pick……….

Remember though

It was me in the freshly fueled and cleaned LUXURY. S10 that gave him the record time setting ride.

Salute the nation