• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Obama congratulates Steelers on AFCN Championship

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Not really. Sure this will get moved.

******' A! Home playoff game!!!

If he had a son....

He would look nothing like James Harrison.

He's too busy golfing in Hawaii and destroying out country to give a **** about the playoffs....

It's not like the Bears will be in the playoffs any time soon.

He's too busy golfing in Hawaii and destroying out country to give a **** about the playoffs....

The_Truth_Dennis_Greaves-1-200-200-100-crop.gif

Last edited:

I'm very curious to know exactly how America has been "destroyed" by Obama. I get that it's a hyperbolic statement, but jeez. He's just another politician, not much different than the 6 guys that preceded him.

I'm very curious to know exactly how America has been "destroyed" by Obama. I get that it's a hyperbolic statement, but jeez. He's just another politician, not much different than the 6 guys that preceded him.

Look, if you don't do the research and simply conclude, "Oh well, he is no different than Reagan," then rational discourse is difficult. The facts are as follows:

(1) His economy is the worst post-recession recovery since the country implemented social security:

article-1336078-0C5E2E4A000005DC-349_468x336.jpg

us-recessions.png

(2) The Obamacare punch-to-the gut to the economy starts in three days. The harm to the economy could be devastating:

The ACA requires “applicable large employers,” or employers with at least 50 full-time or full-time equivalent employees, to offer affordable, minimum value, minimum essential health care coverage to eligible employees and their dependents or risk paying penalties.

http://www.lozanosmith.com/pdf/2014_SSDA_January-February_2015_Karen&Niki.pdf

The economy is not strong right now. Most of the new jobs added are part-time, not full-time. Full-time employment in fact has fallen since 2008, despite the Obama "recovery."

Full-Time-vs-Part-time-16-plus-since-2007-Growth.gif

(3) Meanwhile, the labor force is shrinking, even where the number of full-time jobs falls:

labor-force-participation-rate-march.png

(4) Finally, the Federal budget deficit continues and the Federal deficit is basically ignored ... though in truth, simply paying the goddam interest will consume a crippling 40% of the annual budget before my kids reach retirement age:

national-debt-skyrocket-600.jpg

entitlement-interest-budget-squeeze-data-580.jpg

These are not opinions - they are facts. Obama has failed to generate the revenue growth, job growth, and revenues that he promised and expected. He has saddled us with a very expensive health care program that will further undercut economic growth and tax revenues. This is NOT a good legacy.

Further, his one "success" - the drop in energy prices - has taken place despite of him, not because of him. Specifically, fracking has resulted in a 70% increase of domestic oil production between 2008 and present. Together with the economic decline, and reduced energy demands as a result, the increased production has resulted in much lower gasoline and energy prices.

In totality, Obama's record is not good. No, it's terrible. Budget deficits, burgeoning debt, lower labor force participation, more part-time jobs, fewer full-time jobs, the worst post World War 2 recession recovery ever.

Just the facts ... and I am old enough to remember the 1981 recession and recovery. The comparison to today's "recovery" says all I need to know about Obama's job performance:

Reagan-v-Obama-2011.jpg

Reagan+v+Obama+recoveries+job+growth.png

Tax,spend and create thousands of new regulations! That is the sum of him. Oh and enforce whatever law he wishes when it serves his purpose. You can thank your gas prices to fracking as well.I'm shocked he hasn't banned that under his imperial presidency. Only the ignorant could fathom this man has done any good for this country...you can throw in divide Americans over race and class as well. Every chance this clown has had to be a uniter he has taken the road of division. I find him repulsive,but i find the entire democrat party platform repulsive as well.

Last edited:
Tax,spend and create thousands of new regulations! That is the sum of him. Oh and enforce whatever law he wishes when it serves his purpose. You can thank your gas prices to fracking as well.I'm shocked he hasn't banned that under his imperial presidency. Only the ignorant could fathom this man has done any good for this country...you can throw in divide Americans over race and class as well. Every chance this clown has had to be a uniter he has taken the road of division. I find him repulsive,but i find the entire democrat party platform repulsive as well.

Yeh baby...........View attachment 981

These are not opinions - they are facts. Obama has failed to generate the revenue growth, job growth, and revenues that he promised and expected. He has saddled us with a very expensive health care program that will further undercut economic growth and tax revenues. This is NOT a good legacy.

Further, his one "success" - the drop in energy prices - has taken place despite of him, not because of him. Specifically, fracking has resulted in a 70% increase of domestic oil production between 2008 and present. Together with the economic decline, and reduced energy demands as a result, the increased production has resulted in much lower gasoline and energy prices.

In totality, Obama's record is not good. No, it's terrible. Budget deficits, burgeoning debt, lower labor force participation, more part-time jobs, fewer full-time jobs, the worst post World War 2 recession recovery ever.

1) The recession, bubble, implosion, those things happened before Obama ever took office. So there is simply no logical string to laying it at his feet. Sure, you don't like him, so you want to blame him. But the reality is that all this **** actually happened on Bush's watch. So damn near all of what you threw up here would fall under BUSH DESTROYING AMERICA and Obama not putting it back together fast enough.

2) The economy is not really the President's responsibility. I don't buy the idea that Bush caused the recession any more than I buy the idea that Obama is wrecking it now. Your wonderfully cherry picked talking points show the volatility of American capitalism that has existed since our founding, and the effects of globalization (outsourcing, 3rd world development, etc). The connection to Obama's policies is tenuous at best, but as an Obama hater you'll believe any lie that goes against him regardless of the facts.

3) I live in America. The economy ain't great, but it's still better than most of Europe and Latin America. Certainly better than Russia. America is not "destroyed" or "ruined" or any other such nonsense. Our basic civil liberties have been slowly eroded, and I've protested that on this board, but America is still very much alive and well. No permanent damage has been done by the authoritarians on the right or the nanny staters on the left. Most of our problems are still quite fixable if only we'd stop pointing fingers like children and focus on problem solving.