• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

One less team to fear

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
P

POP

Did you scope out Denver last night?

So much for them being able to take any John Q. nerd at QB and still be a contender.

That dudes carriage turned back into a pumpkin last night. Did you know the Broncos didn't cross the 50 yard line until 2 minutes left of the 3rd quarter?

All of a sudden it _DOES_ seem to matter that they have nothing proven at QB. So much for favoring them to win the AFC.

Now the Pats, that's a different story. They still concern me. Can never count the Hoodie and Tommy Boy. We will find how we stack up next week.

17a39e41-2df8-4056-bfd3-dd789409f2c3_crop_north.jpg

Can never count the Hoodie and Tommy Boy.
I understand that you may not have been paying attention the first 4 weeks of the season, but the P*ts were cheating just fine without T*m. Frankly, his salary is a huge strain on the team and they obviously don't need them as the two ****** backups did just as well as he did when they had Ernie Adams whispering the defenses in their ears too.

T*m's suspension merely demonstrated how inept he is as a QB. When his backups step in and there is literally no step lost whatsoever... well you have to assume T*m Terrific is perhaps just a career backup / late starter from Michigan. Oh wait. That's exactly what he is.

He did beat the Browns though, you know, after they were down to their (literally) 5th QB. Thats pretty ******' impressive!

I understand that you may not have been paying attention the first 4 weeks of the season, but the P*ts were cheating just fine without T*m. Frankly, his salary is a huge strain on the team and they obviously don't need them as the two ****** backups did just as well as he did when they had Ernie Adams whispering the defenses in their ears too.

T*m's suspension merely demonstrated how inept he is as a QB. When his backups step in and there is literally no step lost whatsoever... well you have to assume T*m Terrific is perhaps just a career backup / late starter from Michigan. Oh wait. That's exactly what he is.

He did beat the Browns though, you know, after they were down to their (literally) 5th QB. Thats Pretty ******* impressive!!

What's more impressive is POPs slowly gravitating to NOT hiding his true fanship.

Again,......**** the CHEATRIOTS !!!!!!!

Salute the nation

That is still a scrappy defense. However, if their offense continues to sputter and stall that scrappy defense might just get tired.

Yeah I never feared them, even last year.. I mean seriously we faced them without Le'Veon, DW, and AB, and I STILL didn't fear them going into the game. They just happened to beat us. But like someone said above, I believe the Steelers will win every game they play

I want them to lose because I'd prefer to play them here, not in Denver, which has been a hell for the Steelers over the years.

Home field through the playoffs is very attainable for the Steelers this year...

and I would be disappointed if they did not achieve this...in fact, it they stay healthy, there is no excuse why the shouldn't..

Home field through the playoffs is very attainable for the Steelers this year...

and I would be disappointed if they did not achieve this...in fact, it they stay healthy, there is no excuse why the shouldn't..

I think the depth on this roster is better, than ones in recent memory.

That and the continuing growth of the rookies, will do nothing but help this team moving forward.

I am sure there will be more road bumps, hopefully not as bad as Philly. But none-the-less I think this team is very capable of good things.

Mentioned ad nauseam is injuries. If the team can stay relatively healthy on that stretch run......

we'll see.

Home field is always very tough to get because of the weakness of the AFC East, vs the strength of the AFC North. Beating NE is a must. That said, getting at least the number 2 seed is very attainable. Get the bye week, and then probably get the AFC West champ at Heinz. If we have to go to NE for the AFC Championship Game, so be it. Slay the dragon in his own yard.

I fear no team.

Steelers are just as capable as any.

This NE game is on Big Ben. Period. As much as some people have touted him as a MVP candidate the last few years and marveled at his command of this offense he has routinely come up short in big spots. I'm still waiting for the Big Ben legend game on the back half of his career. He's an incredible talent and as a fan I'm happy to watch him play and for the Steelers......but we need him to be a true MVP this year. Straight through every week. This team goes as he goes. As much as the defense has been questioned they have stepped up at the end of the season in the last few years. This team will truly only go as far as Ben takes them. And whether that's a close game or not Ben has to step up. The offense needs to carry this team.

He did beat the Browns though, you know, after they were down to their (literally) 5th QB. Thats pretty ******' impressive!

It is very impressive. Imagine out team down to its 5th string QB. We'd be a train wreck just being down to our 2nd string. Hoody is the best coach probably in our life times.

I fear no team.

Steelers are just as capable as any.

The good news is we will find out next week if that is true or not. Don't forget, a big part of how quality your team is comes down to coaching. Can Cool Shades hang with Hoodie? We will find out.

Stay healthy? Bro, we have more injuries, by far, than any other team. We have had 25 players miss games so far, and that is 8 more players than the team with the 2nd most hurt players. Unreal.

Yeah I never feared them, even last year.. I mean seriously we faced them without Le'Veon, DW, and AB, and I STILL didn't fear them going into the game. They just happened to beat us. But like someone said above, I believe the Steelers will win every game they play

Other than the fact that Philly already caved our face in. This is a Tomlin team; you just KNOW we will lose to some team with less than a 25% winning percentage. It's coming. It's who he is.

I'm pretty sure I'd much rather see the Steelers face Jacoby Brissett than Tom Brady.

The bungles take on the Cheats...do you root for the Cheats or Bungholes?

Since the bungles IMO are no longer a threat, root for the bungles.

But if the bungles win, the Cheats aren't losing 2 in a row cause they play us next.

Rock and hard place. Whatever happens happens I guess...who we root for has zero impact anyway. lol

"We don't live in our fears"
Coach M.T.

The bungles take on the Cheats...do you root for the Cheats or Bungholes?
Bungholes. I hate the Cheats more. In fact I'd root for BirthDefect to take T*m's head off.
Realistically I don't see the Bungholes winning though. The Pats*** cheat too good.

Never felt that Denver would be much of a real threat given their QB situation this year. I'd be more worried with the Raiders.

It is very impressive. Imagine out team down to its 5th string QB. We'd be a train wreck just being down to our 2nd string. Hoody is the best coach probably in our life times.

While I do see your point, I also believe everyone is a bit off saying that a Tomlin team wouldn't do well with a back up QB. The Steelers have whethered the storm pretty well, if I'm not mistaken, when Ben has been out. Now, without Ben, they're not a SB contender, but they have shown they can win games with Batch, Leftwich, Mr Rogers, Vick, etc. Hell, they went 2-0 with Dennis Dixon and went 3-1 in the start of 2010 during Ben's suspension.

While I do see your point, I also believe everyone is a bit off saying that a Tomlin team wouldn't do well with a back up QB. The Steelers have whethered the storm pretty well, if I'm not mistaken, when Ben has been out. Now, without Ben, they're not a SB contender, but they have shown they can win games with Batch, Leftwich, Mr Rogers, Vick, etc. Hell, they went 2-0 with Dennis Dixon and went 3-1 in the start of 2010 during Ben's suspension.

Right, I get your point, but I think most would agree we are about a .500 team without Ben. Hoodie went 10-6 with Matt Cassel, who hasn't ever kept a starting QB job since. Hoodie even won with his 3rd stringer this season.

These are all grown men, professionals at their craft. Why are they gonna fear the opposition? Sure our Steelers have got their ***** kicked on occassion. But historically this organization as been tough. **** the other 31 *** wipes in the nfl