• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Paul Ryan Not Seeking Re-Election

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Now likely a Dem pick-up, his Dem opponent was raising a lot of money. Many Republicans seem to be running for the hills.
Never seen so many drop out.

Here is some great news....Paul Ryan will not seek re-election

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-syria-russia-paul-ryan/index.html

This is good news. Another RINO headed out the door. With the number of Republicans that are choosing not to seek re-election, you could chalk it up to two things. I think the RINO folks, with their dislike of Trump, simply don't want to bother with him. I can agree to an extent as a lot of the stuff he says is truly cringe-worthy, although he has gotten better on twitter, going from cringe-worthy to mostly childish.

Second, and I think this is the major reason, they are afraid of the Democrats. They won't stand up to them on anything, and most people are thinking Blue will retake control of the house and senate this year (I don't think they will get control, but they will make significant gains in the house), so they don't want to have to fight. They surely don't want to lead. They haven't yet. Anyway, here is to hoping for better, more conservative candidates and politicians.

I believe 21 already started a Ryan tread.

**** Ryan.

Ryan never wanted the Speaker job to begin with, he was just the default guy that everyone could agree on. The bigger issue is the possibility of losing his seat to a Democrat.

Ryan is going to work on his book about school bullying. His main character is QB, Homecoming king, he’s 6 ft 4, 250 lbs, black belt in karate. Despite that, he is bullied by a kid who is half his size and only a few people like, but he leaves very threatening notes in the QBs locker.

The QB then decides to pay money to his bully, let him drive his car, let him have sex with his prom queen girlfriend. He then boasts of the great compromise he found to keep the school safe.

Ryan seems pretty conservative to me and was elected to be speaker by the majority of the house. If you want more conservative,
then your likely to end up with Democratic rule. Most of the country is centrist oriented.

As long as the Rs put in a fiscally conservative, constitutionalist, it would peak my interest, and probably earn my vote.

The GOPe and Never Trumpers are becoming irrelevant. The swamp is draining and it's Trump's republican party now.

Ryan never wanted the Speaker job to begin with, he was just the default guy that everyone could agree on. The bigger issue is the possibility of losing his seat to a Democrat.

this would seem almost a certainty.

All these Reps aren’t dropping out because they fear Dems. They are dropping because they are realizing that the election of Trump means people are sick of voting for people who talk a big game then do nothing. They know that the coming elections will be won by candidates who will actually do what they say.

How many years have we heard thes Reps whine about all the stuff they want to do but the mean Dems won’t let them and if only they have the majority, THEN you’d see some action.

well, they won the house and the senate, and now the white house and still these Reps act like they need Chuck Schumer’s permission to use the bathroom.

no more.

Bye Paul Ryan. No, it is not good enough that you talk about all this **** you want to do. We actually want it done. If you don’t have the stomach for the political rat killin’ then go the **** home and cry to your wife.

All these Reps aren’t dropping out because they fear Dems. They are dropping because they are realizing that the election of Trump means people are sick of voting for people who talk a big game then do nothing. They know that the coming elections will be won by candidates who will actually do what they say.
Possibly. The GOP in Congress has been pretty good as an opposition party but not so much as a leading party. Obviously not on board with the Trump agenda. Even my own Republican Representative has been tepid in his support of Trump.

Draining the swamp.

Good, he just another weasel dick

Ryan is the one that decided the Republicans should lose the house. He could’ve backed trump all along instead of bashing him every step. Weasel

He always reminded me of Ryan from The Office. Both in looks and actions...

Another "professional" politician from the get go. Never did anything else in his life. Not as smart as he thinks of himself. Part of the system and not the solution.

Father was a lawyer, married a lawyer.... To him government solutions are always self-serving to government. He might believe in conservative issues, but they always involved more government. And his fiscal legacy talked a good game, but left a lot to be desired. Tough to decide whether the tax cut is his legacy or the omnibus spending bill is because they are conflicting of each other.

Somewhere I have a pic of me shaking his hand at a campaign rally in 2012. Him and Mittens weren't perfect but still better than the alternative.

Ryan seems pretty conservative to me and was elected to be speaker by the majority of the house. If you want more conservative,
then your likely to end up with Democratic rule. Most of the country is centrist oriented.

Wrong.

The USA is a center right nation. The issue is the GOPe was trying to be liked by the leftist elites and intelligentsia. In the process of that they compromised too much and became DNC-Lite. When candidates run as conservatives they win in landslides. Even Democrat Pols pretend to lean right during elections.

We need people to get **** done. I'm happy he's gone. In fact anyone who promises a bunch of **** and doesn't deliver should be replaced with someone in the party who will. I want real conservatives who value liberty and will cut needless waste and fix our debt. The social conservatives while I agree mostly with only hurt getting **** done. You just can't legislate morality. My only exception is abortion which is as brutal of murder of pure innocent blood as it gets.

And don't **** with whatever I choose to defend my keep with.