• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 23-24

Fla is in control in this game so far.

E ROD to put the Panthers up 2-0!!

FL was never in control. they got outshot 3-1, and only won because Bobrosski was perfect and Skinner let in the first Fl shot in both the first and second period. The goalie robbed this one from the Oilers

FL was never in control. they got outshot 3-1, and only won because Bobrosski was perfect and Skinner let in the first Fl shot in both the first and second period. The goalie robbed this one from the Oilers
That 3rd period was all Fla, the second was a toss up, and in the 1st their defense made the Oilers incapable of getting legit shots. That's control. Just because the Oilers outshot them means little, when easy shots on a great goalie are the norm.

Bob stopped about 6 amazing shots. The rest were pedestrian.

That 3rd period was all Fla, the second was a toss up, and in the 1st their defense made the Oilers incapable of getting legit shots. That's control. Just because the Oilers outshot them means little, when easy shots on a great goalie are the norm.

Bob stopped about 6 amazing shots. The rest were pedestrian.
You watched a very different game than I did. FL got 7/8 shots in 3rd. That was less than the Oilers; neither had great scoring chances in the 3rd. At best a draw, after two periods of domination.
One goalie was great, the other sucked. If they had been in opposite nets, the score would have been at least 3-0 after 1.

But none of that matters; it's just great to see two teams filled with Canadian hockey players battling for the Cup.

You watched a very different game than I did. FL got 7/8 shots in 3rd. That was less than the Oilers; neither had great scoring chances in the 3rd. At best a draw, after two periods of domination.
One goalie was great, the other sucked. If they had been in opposite nets, the score would have been at least 3-0 after 1.

But none of that matters; it's just great to see two teams filled with Canadian hockey players battling for the Cup.
It was very enjoyable. I just felt that the Panthers gave no real chances, largely due to the goalie being a god, but the defense played like a defense does with a great goalie. It was great hockey. The Oilers found out quickly that their game of constant shooting, etc., was not going to work, and they never found a game. They also got very few breakaways. They were taken off their game. That was what I saw the Panthers doing.

This is not to say that a team and coaches as talented as they are will not adjust and get going in the next game. I'm just glad that Boston is not in the mix, honestly.

It was very enjoyable. I just felt that the Panthers gave no real chances, largely due to the goalie being a god, but the defense played like a defense does with a great goalie. It was great hockey. The Oilers found out quickly that their game of constant shooting, etc., was not going to work, and they never found a game. They also got very few breakaways. They were taken off their game. That was what I saw the Panthers doing.

This is not to say that a team and coaches as talented as they are will not adjust and get going in the next game. I'm just glad that Boston is not in the mix, honestly.
I hope the Dubas is taking note as to the ingredients for a Stanley Cup contender.

I hope the Dubas is taking note as to the ingredients for a Stanley Cup contender.
I have my doubts about him. Not even sure why I do.

Reactions: JMM
Mrs. Fan was just saying that
I can only guess...

I'd like to solve the puzzle, Alex... Is it 'Malkin'?
iu

Last edited:
I'm pulling for Edmonton but it might help if they shoot the puck and score a few. ;)
Yep, tonite the Panthers are outplaying the Oilers.

It looks like BobRossky is in the heads of the Oilers as they are overpassing, looking for that perfect shot, not taking the many opportunities they have had.....they are better offensively on the PK tonight.

E Rod with three goals in two games. My bet is that he isn't a Pen any longer because of the $18 million price tag.

I think the fat lady is warming up for the Oilers. They have no solution for how good the Panthers are defensively. I mean when you have 1 goal the first two games and the only reason they scored that because of a rare miss by Bob, you are in trouble. Single digit shots through 2 periods last night.....The only chances the Oilers have is when Mcdavid flies up the ice and tosses some low percentage shot at the net. Not good.

As much as I was to see them make a series of it, I think they are done.

I think the fat lady is warming up for the Oilers. They have no solution for how good the Panthers are defensively. I mean when you have 1 goal the first two games and the only reason they scored that because of a rare miss by Bob, you are in trouble. Single digit shots through 2 periods last night.....The only chances the Oilers have is when Mcdavid flies up the ice and tosses some low percentage shot at the net. Not good.

As much as I was to see them make a series of it, I think they are done.
That is my impression, too, but they next two are in Edmonton. Let's see how that plays out before we hire a fat lady to sing.

I wanted the Oilers originally, but now I'm pulling for E Rod to hoist the cup. At this point he is an MVP candidate. Not sure he can keep it up, but that would be cool, too.