• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 23-24

DJ hear that???? I told her to send you the bill. :D She is definitely warming up.

The Oilers tried to make a game of it late but I think the Panther's can start planning the parade route....

Wouldn't mind seeing the Pens try to build a team like that. They just wear you down.

I think McDavid would look great in black&gold. Hey, I can dream..lol

I'm pretty sure the Oilers will win game 4. You'll certainly get everything they have.

The only bummer for me out of the Pens Stanley Cup Championships. They never hoisted it on home ice.

DJ hear that???? I told her to send you the bill. :D She is definitely warming up.

The Oilers tried to make a game of it late but I think the Panther's can start planning the parade route....

Wouldn't mind seeing the Pens try to build a team like that. They just wear you down.
Agreed. Just like in the NFL when you have a stifling D and a dominant running game, a lot of folks would likely complain that it's boring. Nothing boring about winning championships...

Mrs. Fan and I went to see Pam Tillis tonight. We had dinner in a sports bar. Left the game in the 2nd at 5-1.

How'd it end?

Did Florida tank so they could hoist the cup on home ice?

Haha I wandered that too. Even Bob was off.....I think maybe it was a little bit of both. Oilers desperation and the Panthers thinking they already won the cup. There has to be a lot of pressure on the team up 3-0 too.

Now if Edmonton runs over them again Tuesday night then things might get interesting.

But I think only 1 team in history has came back from a 3_0 deficit to win the cup in the final.

Oilers winning 4 in a row, I don't think so.

I was, but really like the idea of McDavid losing in the finals. Sorry Confluence. Also, Seeing E Rod hoist the cup sounds great.
It's a win-win... Canadian team wins for the first time in too damned long or Erod hoists the cup. I'm leaning towards a Canadian victory and a boost for oil burners everywhere.

The four points gave McDavid 42 in these playoffs, the fourth-most in a single postseason in NHL history. The only players ahead of him are the ones everyone would expect: Wayne Gretzky had 47 points in 1985, Mario Lemieux had 44 in 1991 and Gretzky had 43 in 1988.

Ok I told the fat lady to set down and shut up......

I still think Florida will manage to win one of the last two games but Rodgers Place will be rocking Friday night!
I would not be surprised if the Oilers pull this whole thing out.

I would not be surprised if the Oilers pull this whole thing out.

Hockey is the damndest sport when it comes to momentum. First 3 games it looks like the Oilers had no clue how to handle the defense of the Panthers. Then they score a short handed goal and they are rolling.

Florida did seem like they snapped out of it some in the 3rd period last night so we will see what happens Friday night.

First 3 games it looks like the Oilers had no clue how to handle the defense of the Panthers. Then they score a short handed goal and they are rolling.

Florida did seem like they snapped out of it some in the 3rd period last night so we will see what happens Friday night.
Both statements are true.

Hockey is the damndest sport when it comes to momentum. First 3 games it looks like the Oilers had no clue how to handle the defense of the Panthers. Then they score a short handed goal and they are rolling.

That was an incredible save by Tkachuk just before the Oilers scored the empty net insurance goal.

Edmonton is up 1-0 in game 6.
They are making this series very interesting

The Oilers dominated games 1, 3, 4 and 5. Game 2 was Panthers and tonight was even, except that BobRossKey was not strong. The Panther goalie stole 2 games, otherwise this was done in five.

Go Oilers!!!!