• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens

The fact that they felt they needed to get him the ball and a TD at the end of the game speaks volumes about the situation with this guy.

He had several balls bounce off his hands yesterday too.

Maybe he should paint Catch the ******* ball on his face next week.

Arty also faces VJ as his WR2 and a starting QB that doesn’t truly fit his run first play action based system.

Fields one of worst ypa running play action in the league
AS system is dependent on PA for chunk plays

There’s a lot of puzzle pieces from 3 different puzzles…makes it really hard to assemble the final product.

As much as I like what Fields is doing a PA QB that gets multiple targets going would be a better fit for the AS system.

Or tailor the offensive scheme to Fields skill set, which is not PA

Arty also faces VJ as his WR2 and a starting QB that doesn’t truly fit his run first play action based system.

Fields one of worst ypa running play action in the league
AS system is dependent on PA for chunk plays

There’s a lot of puzzle pieces from 3 different puzzles…makes it really hard to assemble the final product.

As much as I like what Fields is doing a PA QB that gets multiple targets going would be a better fit for the AS system.

Or tailor the offensive scheme to Fields skill set, which is not PA
PA only works if the defense falls for it. When they don't respect the run, PA is pointless and only takes more time. I watched Dan Moore let his guy go unblocked with a peewee football move on a play action play. As soon as Fields turned around, he has a guy in his face. This isn't a Fields issue...

We can't keep OL healthy this year, we still have Jones playing out of position because Dan Moore CAN'T play on the right side. Our starting RG and RT are on IR, our stud rookie center just hurt his ankle. We are literally starting third stringers on the OL.

providing A.S. is here for several more years, I would rather trade for a stud tightend that a stud WR.

PA only works if the defense falls for it. When they don't respect the run, PA is pointless and only takes more time. I watched Dan Moore let his guy go unblocked with a peewee football move on a play action play. As soon as Fields turned around, he has a guy in his face. This isn't a Fields issue...

We can't keep OL healthy this year, we still have Jones playing out of position because Dan Moore CAN'T play on the right side. Our starting RG and RT are on IR, our stud rookie center just hurt his ankle. We are literally starting third stringers on the OL.
Under 5 yards per on the season
Wasn’t good at it with Chicago either
Sucked at UgA at it too

PA kinda is a Fields issue if you’ve been watching his career

Guys that struggle with reads rarely get better by turning their back on the defense

Last edited:
providing A.S. is here for several more years, I would rather trade for a stud tightend that a stud WR.
There is no reason that Muth couldn’t be a security blanket, just as Miller was for Ben. The reason he hasn’t taken that role is because he doesn’t have Ben throwing to him when the crap plays that are called break down. All those passes and TD’s Ben sent Heath’s way were NEVER called in the huddle, and are still not called today.

I'm tired of Pickens. The ball clangs off his face! Tomlin had a punt returner that used that method. He's not on the team anymore.

a couple minor things, hardly a headcase per GA Bulldog standards (from what I've seen as a lifelong Bulldog fan)

his issues seem to have become more magnified in the Tomlin turtle offense and the extreme lack of usage within it and never having a solid QB to highlight his skill set...dude is trying to get paid, and his HC, OC and QB have done him few favors thus far into his career. The frustration in him is obvious. Then you have reporters trying to bait him into saying stupid/controversial **** taboot. Those questions they were asking him the other day were weak AF obvious baiting questions just trying to stir **** up...and he held his own. **** the click bait reporters, that **** would piss me off for sure.

What cracks me up is a guy like Muth (who I do see as a good dude) taking a jab at him apparently by saying, "I block my *** off every play"...love ya Muth but if what you are doing is "blocking your *** off" that **** is comical cuz while you might be trying to block that is by far the weakest part of your game son, stay in your lane and talk about effort every play. Every time I watch Muth trying to block it cracks me up. Hines Ward can talk about blocking, Muth not so much. If you want to be a team leader a weak blocker doesn't need to be calling out another weak blocker through the media imho.

We need a receiver coach like Hines in the room or even an OL coach like Munch cuz this offensive unit as a whole brings zero nasty to the table outside of Frazier (and 1 block by Jones when he was pissed to start a game off). The identity of the entire offense is soft AF which really sucks for a run first team. Even a big guy like Najee runs like he thinks he's a scat back that can actually make jump cuts and get the edge instead of just seeing hole and hitting the hole and trucking a defender. I see an entire identity crisis on the unit and zero leaders out there to fix it. Maybe Isaac can start being that guy now that he's back, maybe?
At least muth tries his best every play, that's what he means by blocking his *** off. We've seen Pickens jogging, last year DJ was half assing too.

At least muth tries his best every play, that's what he means by blocking his *** off. We've seen Pickens jogging, last year DJ was half assing too.
They have a no nonsense WR coach. I would think any issues like dogging it, etc. would be addressed weekly.

Then in the offseason they can revisit to see if he is an issue or not a big enough one to be addressed.

We just extended Muth.....doubtful they bring a "stud" TE.

They have a no nonsense WR coach. I would think any issues like dogging it, etc. would be addressed weekly.

Then in the offseason they can revisit to see if he is an issue or not a big enough one to be addressed.
I'm pretty sure Azzanni is a part of the reason that Pickens is so bent out of shape. There is only so many times you can put your foot in someone's *** before the boots slips off.

As I’ve said several times…
14 is crazier than a bed bug!
However..
Rooney needs to sell and transfer Tull the majority ..Tull is extremely wealthy and a great entrepreneur..
It Won't happen because Art the deuce has a son in the wings from what I understand ..
I also am aware that he is a minor owner of the Yankees .. so I don’t know if the NFL would approve that?
If what I heard about the son in the wings is true, you will be very happy - he wants wins, he wants rings!!! He is not a fan of Tomlin's NHALS!
He wants to usher in a new era of championship Steeler football. He speaks all the time about the 70's dynasty - he wants that back.

The current AR2 was just handed the reigns without really earning anything, so what would you expect from him? Dan earned everything long before taking over.

Generation 1 starts things, because it is their passion.
Generation 2 builds things, because they grow up in it during the hard days of getting it started, and learn the passion.
Generation 3 destroys things, because they grow up during the years of wealth created. This means they are allowed to follow their own different path, until they are expect to return with no passion or experience.

Don’t give a crap about try hard
Do or do not, there is no try
And Muth’s blocking is D level at best

Should just stay in his lane and say I’m out there giving it 100% every play

**** blockers shouldn’t be calling out **** blockers imho
GPs non effort blocks frequently look very similar to Muth “blocking his *** off”

Just not a great move if ya tryna be leader imo

Don’t give a crap about try hard
Do or do not, there is no try
And Muth’s blocking is D level at best

Should just stay in his lane and say I’m out there giving it 100% every play

**** blockers shouldn’t be calling out **** blockers imho
GPs non effort blocks frequently look very similar to Muth “blocking his *** off”

Just not a great move if ya tryna be leader imo
Ok

When you get first round talent at bargain price it's because of injury or character. This ******* is a new low in a long list of butt holes. AB was the worst but his ability and work ethic allowed the team to hide a lot.

There goes tomlins secrecy
Surely this is sarcasm right?

Yes it was such a secret 90%+ of the posters here knew it was a done deal

Tomlin wasn’t surprising anyone, unless he is using Pickens as a Trojan horse to slip in another Fields start vs the Jets…now that would actually be a surprise

**** every poster here knew the deal by Tuesday, Tomlin is the easiest fish ever to read at a poker table.

I'm pretty sure Azzanni is a part of the reason that Pickens is so bent out of shape. There is only so many times you can put your foot in someone's *** before the boots slips off.

Well said, well said………….

Salute the nation

I hope Pickens gets 200 yards and 3 td's. It will do him and the team a world of good having him be a major factor.

No more always ******* open eyeblack either. Catch the ball.
They would be wise to move Pickens around in this one. Their slot is out their number 2 CB didn’t practice all week won’t be 100 % if he even plays. Then you have Sauce that is actually playing oddly like watered down Ragu. So maybe not 200 yards but there is potential for a big day if he focuses in.

The problem is multi faceted

A) Yes 100% Pickens can, and should, be better and should put forth more effort to achieve his potential if he wants to stick in this league. He has to want to do better and be better cuz the sky is the limit for him if he applies himself.

B) Azzani or ASSani or whatever his name is just isn’t that good of a coach. Being a hard *** with grown men isn’t always the answer. You have to know how to get potential out of players as a coach. He has never really done squat in the NFL.
He’s coached 1 damn receiver in his career at the NFL level that broke 1000 yards. I won’t hold too much against him for his 1 year with the Bears which produced abysmal results at the WR position as I believe Mitch was the QB. He didn’t do much in his time with the Donkeys either with the likes of D Thomas, E Sanders, C Sutton and J Jeudy. Being an *** only works with some players.
I predict George will leave the NFL with more 1000 yard seasons than all the receivers combined Asshatani coaches. Dude needs to learn how to get the most out of his talent.

C) Didn’t delve into how many receivers he “coached up” to the NFL from his college days but I’d wager the number can’t be more than 2-3 tops

Dude has been a coach for a long time but where are the results? He must interview well??? Or be a yes man to the HC

100% unimpressed with what he’s done with GP, VJ, CA3 and co so far

They would be wise to move Pickens around in this one. Their slot is out their number 2 CB didn’t practice all week won’t be 100 % if he even plays. Then you have Sauce that is actually playing oddly like watered down Ragu. So maybe not 200 yards but there is potential for a big day if he focuses in.
And try to match up CA3 on him as much as possible

Isn’t he the receiver Sauce labeled his toughest matchup in college?

And try to match up CA3 on him as much as possible

Isn’t he the receiver Sauce labeled his toughest matchup in college?
If I remember correctly yes.

We should know a lot about our team after this one:

1 Will AR have his way or will out corners hold their own.

2 Will Wilson show capable or will the QB room remain a question mark .