• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens

i thought George was a headcase in college, too?
He was, that's why he was there in the 2nd. It turns out our worst fears came to fruition, he's a head case, and always will be. Thanks Mediocre Mike.

1. QB
2. WR1
3. WR2
4. RB1

They have OL, they need them to develop and work together, it'll take time but the potential is there.

LB depth? Queen, Roberts, Wilson is solid. Watt, Highsmith, Herbig is elite.

Who cares about DL right now? This offense is dreadful and needs a complete overhaul at the skill position and a modern offensive mind completely running the show.

Back to Pickens...I am getting close to being over him. Give some effort.
Not wise to ignore DL yet again, Cam is gonna have a fall off.

During the Tom Donahoe era, the Steelers were known to have some psychology guru involved in the draft process meetings with players. They focused on personalities that were "team first" type of people.

I don't remember the Steelers having a lot of diva personalities from 1972-2005. I'm sure I'm overlooking someone in there but not like we have seen in the past decade.

Yes, it's partly Tomlin's lack of leadership style. His interest in being a buddy instead of a coach. But it has to be higher in the organization too.

You can just see it: "He's just so talented. We can manage the personality issues."

You know who that was probably never spoken about? Hines Ward.

We need more Hines Ward, and less Me'veon Bell/George Pickens/AB.
With Hines it started with his mom. (I'm paraphrasing here, but): Hines came home and complained to his mom that he wasn't getting enough balls thrown his way in practice, and his mom responded with, "Then you better make sure you get the most out of your opportunities then, when they do come your way." And Hines took it to heart, hence we ended up with the player we did. We owe it to Hines' mom. :love:

Silly would be ignoring major offensive flaws.

He was, that's why he was there in the 2nd. It turns out our worst fears came to fruition, he's a head case, and always will be. Thanks Mediocre Mike.
Partially true, he also tore his ACL and there were injury concerns amongst NFL teams which was the bigger risk with Pickens in the eyes of NFL teams. Maturity issues are a dime a dozen in the NCAA, they are still kids trying to find their place in this world, after all. Squirting water on an opposing QB and throwing hands during a game, I don't see GMs puckering over that non-sense.

I agree with Lloyd above as to the Hines Ward comment. We were discussing football at a local pizza shop and I brought up that Hines Ward hustled and played hard on every down, not just when he was targeted to receive.

This other patron said the league has changed - WRs are now all Divas who only want receptions and refuse to block. Never thought of it like that.

What did he do in. College to qualify as a headcase?
Have any facts to support your argument or just the usual spew?

Please cite something other than the 1 fight he got into with a player that was mugging him all game that threw on him first…cuz if you watched that whole game that was absolutely nothing but a poor decision in the heat of the moment vs a rival…hardly a head case unless you have some legit info??? From the perspective of someone who actually was at the game

Hell I’d almost applaud him if he showed some of that fire here vs the Ravens late in a blowout (although it would suck to lose our only WR for a game)
Needs something to get him fired up tho

Last edited:
What did he do in. College to qualify as a headcase?
Have any facts to support your argument or just the usual spew?

Please cite something other than the 1 fight he got into with a player that was mugging him all game that threw on him first…cuz if you watched that whole game that was absolutely nothing but a poor decision in the heat of the moment vs a rival…hardly a head case unless you have some legit info??? From the perspective of someone who actually was at the game

Hell I’d almost applaud him if he showed some of that fire here vs the Ravens late in a blowout (although it would suck to lose our only WR for a game)
Needs something to get him fired up tho
He was known for being generally immature and an a hole. I'd say the "rumors" turned out being true. There was talk of his general immaturity prior to him being drafted. If that's not good enough for you, fly a balloon and a kite at the same time and maybe they will reverse the immaturity hex. Take it up with Tomlin, he was really done well with those type of WRs. We can field a whole team with the type since Tomlins has been here: AB, Bryant, Claypool, DJ, Heyward-Bey, Coates, Mike Wallace, Plex, need more?

He was known for being generally immature and an a hole. I'd say the "rumors" turned out being true. There was talk of his general immaturity prior to him being drafted. If that's not good enough for you, fly a balloon and a kite at the same time and maybe they will reverse the immaturity hex. Take it up with Tomlin, he was really done well with those type of WRs. We can field a whole team with the type since Tomlins has been here: AB, Bryant, Claypool, DJ, Heyward-Bey, Coates, Mike Wallace, Plex, need more?
LOl Plex? what did he play for Tomlin 3-4 games? AB might be crazy now but he played at a hall of fame level for Tomlin. you type weird things

Known to be by who
Your jackass rumors?

Watched his whole cateer
Just more spew on your part

Your usual theme spew spew spew
No substance tho
Bring some facts one time-that would be refreshing

Just more spew badoo your normal gobbley goo

I hope Pickens gets 200 yards and 3 td's. It will do him and the team a world of good having him be a major factor.

No more always ******* open eyeblack either. Catch the ball.
Why stop at 200 yards and 3 tds? How about 400 yards and 6 tds? Since we are just hoping.

Why stop at 200 yards and 3 tds? How about 400 yards and 6 tds? Since we are just hoping.

Because 200 yards and 3tds is actually attainable,but not so much without a no.2 wr. They can just focus on Pickens. He hasn't been winning combat catches or 50/50 balls as he had been doing.

He definitely has the ability. He just needs the Antonio Brown work ethic.

So far it doesn't look good for him taking it to the next level. I hope perhaps Wilson can spark him.

Because 200 yards and 3tds is actually attainable,but not so much without a no.2 wr. They can just focus on Pickens. He hasn't been winning combat catches or 50/50 balls as he had been doing.

He definitely has the ability. He just needs the Antonio Brown work ethic.

So far it doesn't look good for him taking it to the next level. I hope perhaps Wilson can spark him.
Well if anyone can get Pickens to the next level it's Wilson. Or so I have heard.

Well if anyone can get Pickens to the next level it's Wilson. Or so I have heard.
I hope so. I really didn't see this team going past the normal just above .500 this year. Just too much new going on with players and offense.

The exception to that was the offense actually putting points on board.

So far the passing game looks exactly the same as it has for 4 years. They seem to have some phobia of passing into endzone. I've never seen them so chicken **** to even try.

Antonio Brown's work ethic was outright better than Ward's

And While Ward wasnt a locker room disruption or anything, he did get a DUI with his mistress in the car and pulled out the old, "do you know who I am" thing... so he wasnt a saint..

But Both Ward and Brown embraced all the little things to make them great.. most wrs only want the glamor shots

Antonio Brown's work ethic was outright better than Ward's

And While Ward wasnt a locker room disruption or anything, he did get a DUI with his mistress in the car and pulled out the old, "do you know who I am" thing... so he wasnt a saint..

But Both Ward and Brown embraced all the little things to make them great.. most wrs only want the glamor shots
funny the things you chose to forget. didnt remember the Hines thing till you posted

If you keep saying that year in and year out, you are bound to be right at some point. just like Putin. any day now
Which one comes first?

Brandon Aiyuk signing or Lloyd making a good point?

Heard rumors BA signing any day now
No such rumors about Lloyd making a good point

Heard rumors BA signing any day now
No such rumors about Lloyd making a good point

GSZj4TgX0AAbukJ

Known to be by who
Your jackass rumors?

Watched his whole cateer
Just more spew on your part

Your usual theme spew spew spew
No substance tho
Bring some facts one time-that would be refreshing

Just more spew badoo your normal gobbley goo
Wait you witnessed his antics and don't think he ever showcased acts that made him look immature? Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahahha, OK then, hot shot. No, he never illustrated any immature acts, whatever you say. You go there. :pound: :ROFLMAO::crazy:

Wait you witnessed his antics and don't think he ever showcased acts that made him look immature? Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahahha, OK then, hot shot. No, he never illustrated any immature acts, whatever you say. You go there. :pound: :ROFLMAO::crazy:
Cooch always loves him some diss. The team had its best win of the season. But the diss must go on.