• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Prayers going out6

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
We have had a terrible tradgedy in our small province. A bus with a hockey team of 17 and 18 year olds was destroyed by a semi truck. No official news but some are saying more than 15 killed and almost everyone in bad shape. Thoughts and prayers with the families of the Humboldt Broncos and the emergency crews dealing with this tragedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
14 dead 14 injured. Easily the worst thing to happen in our Province that I can remember. Can't even imagine the families grief.

that is horrible..

Sorry to hear about this SteelerSask, keeping the families in my thoughts..

I got a breaking news alert about this at work last night but didn't know where it was. Just said Humboldt. I thought it was in California. Prayers going out to all.

The league is a final chance for elite players. Those trying to get a U.S. scholarship also play in this league as you don't lose your eligibility like you do in major junior. Bunch of small communities with long bus trips. Weather was good. All I can think of is maybe sun glare as a factor.

Terrible news. Read the story this morning, with no idea it hit so close to home to one of our own.

Horrible tragedy.Thoughts and prayers go out.

Semi Driver uninjured. I guess he has to live with this for the rest of his life which I cannot imagine. 15 victim was found in the wreckage at 4am and freezing temperatures apparently clinging to life but didnt make it.
Kudos to President Trump for his kind words.
I dont cry easily but I turned to a hockey game and saw all the players with Broncos on their back and was moved to tears.

Thoughts sent.
14 lives is too many.
To the survivors, I hope for a speedy recovery.

A big hit to the hockey community and to those personally affected.

Saw that on the news. Prayers sent.

An unbelievable post script to this story. A woman I work with nephew was believed to have died in the crash. He was even part of the memorial service yesterday. It came out today that there was a misidentification and he is alive (obviously in an unrecognizable state) and another boy is actually passed. That is beyond my comprehension but what can you say. The boy who actually survived his dad is a doctor at the hospital so Im sure everything was done. God those two poor families.

I've been following this since it happened. Watched the Mayor's PC on the NHL network and it was hard to watch. Unimaginable grief and pain those poor people are going through.

The son of former Penguin Chris Joseph is one of the players who was killed.

This is so sad. Hockey or not. 15 people lost their lives riding a bus. Damn.....

Seeing pictures of those happy young guys just breaks my heart. Every parent's worst nightmare.

I pray for the families of everyone involved.