• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Preseason game 2 Bills vs Steelers

If steelers have read option in the playbook, it's a good bet they will have a package of plays for Fields, even if Rus is starting. Maybe Fields will be the guy in short redzone.

I'd like to see Fields start the season and see if he can develop his game. I think his upside potential is greater than what we'll get out of Wilson. Russ will then be the insurance policy if he doesn't pan out

Chico it’s hard to disagree with you here. I hate what’s happened but I was afraid of this.
I know it’s only preseason but this first team offense was bad with both QBs. The sacks on Wilson were on Jones and that concerns me but I still think we’re not doing Jones any favor by playing him at RT instead of his natural LT.
I wasn’t convinced that either QB was the answer and tonight’s game didn’t change my mind.

It’s not like either one of them has shown they’re ready for the regular season. Hell, I’m not sure which one should start.
The o-line was crap while Russ was in there. Still he was 8 for 10 with a QB rating of 86.2% in limited play with limited practice on a new team. I just don't believe in Fields.

first half, the OL couldn't block and Rus had no time to throw. Second half the protection is good and nobody is getting open.

I know it’s against scrubs but Fields looks like a better fit with our always ****** O-line. Wilson looks slow.

It's Fields if he can stop the fumbling that has plagued his career. Poor Russ.

iu

There's life here, Jim.

I'd like to see Fields start the season and see if he can develop his game. I think his upside potential is greater than what we'll get out of Wilson. Russ will then be the insurance policy if he doesn't pan out
Interesting assessment. Let me see how I feel about it after 3 more tequilas..

Reactions: JMM
Tomlin going for it here on fourth down. Don’t run up the middle.

I know it’s against scrubs but Fields looks like a better fit with our always ****** O-line. Wilson looks slow.
Remember what the Steelers D does to Lamar Jackson? That's what opposing Ds will do to Fields. Lamar is a better passing QB than Fields. Fields looks good against scrubs.