• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Preseason game 2 Bills vs Steelers

Repeat over and over again. It's just preseason. It's just preseason. There is no game planning.
The thing is……preseason or regular season. They never seem to score many points in the first half. I’m talking the last 4 years. If we are going to be a running team we can’t always play catch up football. I think we’d all like to see some points.

I just think it’s crazy. We all have debated this topic on this board for years now. Why don’t we have someone assigned as their ONLY job watching a 4K feed of anything and immediately relaying to MT? I this game is boring so I guess I’ll *****.
We 100% need to pay a guy 100K to manage the clock and challenges for Tomlin.

100%

Last edited:
The thing is……preseason or regular season. They never seem to score many points in the first half. I’m talking the last 4 years. If we are going to be a running team we can’t always play catch up football. I think we’d all like to see some points.
Scored plenty of 1st half points in the preseason last year with the perfect Pickett preseason. And what did that do once the regular season started? Not concerned at all by the preseason.

Good.. one of the things i think Fields has to really improve on is 2 minute offense... he sucks at it in his career
People think anyone smaller than Levon Kirkland is too small... these days Ilbs are oversized safeties
True but I miss those days with big nasty mean LBs that can run.

Scored plenty of 1st half points in the preseason last year with the perfect Pickett preseason. And what did that do once the regular season started? Not concerned at all by the preseason.
As I said…..pre season or regular season. Don’t tell me you haven’t noticed how we score ****-all points in the first half? Like for the last 4+ years.

Broderick Jones playing RT so we can get reps for Dylan Cook at LT. Glad to know that our 3rd stringer at LT is getting his work. Broderick will be fine, it's just like Madden, you just switch a position and they can play no problem.

Russell Wilson reminds me of Trubisky 2 seasons ago. How many games will Tomlin start him despite him being complete garbage? Justin Fields can't read a Defense to save his life! This team is one dimensional and going no where. Is Ryan Tannehill out there anywhere? He's sure as hell better than Wilson & Fields! Sign him before the Vikings grab him!

We 100% need to pay a guy 100K to manage the clock and challenges for Tomlin.

100%
I’m sure there are many coaches that have this problem but we are extra terrible at it and if this was The Hoodie he would be blowing a gasket if a challenge was mishandled. He probably payed a staffer to do this.

Russell Wilson reminds me of Trubisky 2 seasons ago. How many games will Tomlin start him despite him being complete garbage? Justin Fields can't read a Defense to save his life! This team is one dimensional and going no where. Is Ryan Tannehill out there anywhere? He's sure as hell better than Wilson & Fields!
Kenny, Kenny, Kenny, oh wait.

Too soon for buyer’s remorse on Smith. Even for those of us who wished they’d hired a young offensive “mad scientist “ type for OC.

But if the struggles on offense continue into the regular season - considering the easier strength of schedule at the start - the cries for Smith’s head will get louder.

Russell Wilson reminds me of Trubisky 2 seasons ago. How many games will Tomlin start him despite him being complete garbage? Justin Fields can't read a Defense to save his life! This team is one dimensional and going no where. Is Ryan Tannehill out there anywhere? He's sure as hell better than Wilson & Fields!
If Tanneywipes is still available Omar needs to get his number and start a conversation. I watched him around here and was decent with Smith.

Well after a half of football both quarterbacks look like blah. Nothing impressive from either qb other than Fields has some wheels.It looks like the last 4 years on offense for playcalling. Which I'm going with show no real offense, run basic stuff.

The run stuffing on D was great. I think the defense is going to be top tier,IF everyone can stay healthy.