• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Preseason Opener Vs Tampa Gameday thread

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Well here we go.. the 2023 NFL season is virtually here
The temperature is going to basically be 100 degrees during the game tonight, so hopefully there arent any of those heat related injuries.

7 pm on KDKA here in Pittsburgh…

Pregame says it’s 100 on the field. May not see starters very long. They say Porter has ice on his legs and unlikely to play.

Bucs only playing 4-5 starters. Pickett only playing one series tonight. Time to take the next step and decrease the preseason to two games.

Bucs only playing 4-5 starters. Pickett only playing one series tonight. Time to take the next step and decrease the preseason to two games.
Two game and both are six quarters so you can evaluate everyone. Then the owners will want 18 regular season games of course 🤦🏻‍♂️

Two game and both are six quarters so you can evaluate everyone. Then the owners will want 18 regular season games of course 🤦🏻‍♂️
And probably 8 playoff teams...

Preseason used to be about getting the starters ready for the regular season. I don't even understand the point anymore. So coaches can figure out which two fringe players make the roster?

And probably 8 playoff teams...

Preseason used to be about getting the starters ready for the regular season. I don't even understand the point anymore. So coaches can figure out which two fringe players make the roster?
It was a relic from when players were not in shape year round…. But the owners and tv don’t want to give up the money from them…

Peezy Jr. probably precautionary out. I think we will see all 4 QBs tonight.

Last edited:
Me to ol girl , (deep inhale then exhale) "can you feel it in the air" ohhh yeah

Ol girl (with odd look on her face) "it's just preseason".

Part of me wants to see the ground and pound offense out of the gate, but the other part wants no-huddle and try to score with a quick strike offensive approach.

somebody shut the door of that spanish broadcast team in the booth

So the Steelers were one of the best teams in the league At having these kind of drives with several small first downs but not getting tds off of them… so that td was big