• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Racist Birthday Card?

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was shopping for a birthday card for my father when I stumbled across this card . Now let me say, I am not offended by the card. In fact, the card doesn't bother me one bit. The thing that makes me want to "Burn this motha down" is......IF the word "Black" is replaced with the word 'White", You bet your *** it would be deemed racist and pulled from the shelves of every Hallmark store in the Nation. Sick and tired of the double standards...end rant.
150313_0001.jpg

The words "a black man proud of his heritage" struck me as a message against self hatred. There is a large segment of the black population that is stricken with an inferiority complex reinforced by dimwit liberals that think blacks are stupid and incapable of doing things on their own.
Then there's the appearance part of it. Blacks that are too dark are ridiculed upon by other blacks...hence the hair straightening and skin lightening.

Many blacks hate themselves. The way out? Cry racism.

Last edited:
The words "a black man proud of his heritage" struck me as a message against self hatred. There is a large segment of the black population that is stricken with an inferiority complex reinforced by dimwit liberals that think blacks are stupid and incapable of doing things on their own.
Then there's the appearance part of it. Blacks that are too dark are ridiculed upon by other blacks...hence the hair straightening and skin lightening.

Many blacks hate themselves. The way out? Cry racism.

They hate themselves so much they kill themselves. They do it all the time in this country....all the time, the local police/klan get tired of writing "those" suicide reports. Bunch of cry babies.

They hate themselves so much they kill themselves. They do it all the time in this country....all the time, the local police/klan get tired of writing "those" suicide reports. Bunch of cry babies.

Go to bed, you're an idiot

Can you answer a question for me? What is it like to have so much of your life consumed by racism? Seriously. You come here and rant about how hateful white people are and how hateful police are, but the truth is, I have never witnessed a person so full of angst and hatred like the way you are. You are easily one of the most miserable human beings on Earth..

I'm deferring back to the gift card...

Personally, I'm not offended - hmmm, well, I'm black and don't see a problem with the statement. Now, let's imagine that the card used the descriptive word of "White" father instead, as Booted has suggested...

IMO it would not be racist. I bet, if you asked anyone (don't care about the skin color or complexion), why don't we see gift cards or books on the shelves "especially for Whites"? The probable answer - almost everything is geared or shaped that way anyway. To me it doesn't matter - I'm so tired of this "plain ol' you hate me because of" crap that it makes me sick...

People laugh at the old statement by Rodney King, "can't we all just get along"???

Sadly---no.

I'm deferring back to the gift card...

Personally, I'm not offended - hmmm, well, I'm black and don't see a problem with the statement. Now, let's imagine that the card used the descriptive word of "White" father instead, as Booted has suggested...

IMO it would not be racist. I bet, if you asked anyone (don't care about the skin color or complexion), why don't we see gift cards or books on the shelves "especially for Whites"? The probable answer - almost everything is geared or shaped that way anyway. To me it doesn't matter - I'm so tired of this "plain ol' you hate me because of" crap that it makes me sick...

People laugh at the old statement by Rodney King, "can't we all just get along"???

Sadly---no.

We could..in fact it would be easy if there were more people like you but sadly there are agitators, pure evil specieists and those that capitalize on turmoil and them ******** come in all colors.

Having separate entertainment networks, history months, fraternities, sororities, etc. isn't equality. It's legal segregation.

It is the conundrum of liberalism that inclusiveness and multiculturalism are only for those that they insist follow it.

Where is Vinny?

Liberalism is a disease; one poster above clearly demonstrates how it twists one's little mind.

We could..in fact it would be easy if there were more people like you but sadly there are agitators, pure evil specieists and those that capitalize on turmoil and them ******** come in all colors.

Of course you mean Elfie...

That's silly, black kids don't have dads.

If I were comfortable around black people and not guilt-ridden over the past, I would find this ******* hilarious, until then I'm highly offended.

I see it as kind of racist...toward black people. It almost feels like it's saying "You're not just a great dad, you're a black man who's a great dad" ...as if that's something unexpected or unique.

If I were comfortable around black people and not guilt-ridden over the past, I would find this ******* hilarious, until then I'm highly offended.

Really?

Please share with us what you have personally done to cause the guilt that you carry.

My conscience is clear.

they spend a lot of time killing each other so it is obvious they hate themselves and all like them....

That's mighty white of you....

I don't have a problem with the card at all. If there are other races, too, then more power to the card company to connect with a large number of specific men. I just think it's kinda weird if the card was replaced with "White" or "Mexican" or "Chinese" because I think everyone should be a proud father and man, regardless of race. I can't help my race, as anyone else out there trying to survive in this crazy, F'ed up world.

It would only be racist if it said "white man". Insert the name of any ethnic group or nationality and it's fine.

I have always found it odd that churches are still the most segregated thing in the good ol US of A.

Fred says..........

Humans like to be among their own kind. This can mean many things. It can be political. In Washington, white liberals cheerlead for diversity while spending their time exclusively with white liberals and execrating Southerners, Jesus Creepers, genocidal conservatives (understood to mean all conservatives), Catholics, racists, owners of guns, rednecks, and so on. No dissenting voices are heard because, like conservatives, liberals choose to be among their own. Similarly, if in any of Washington’s dives you know that one person in a table of six has an IQ in excess 130, it is a good bet that all do. It isn’t snobbery. Smart people enjoy the company of smart people. Their own kind. So what?

If left alone, people will naturally and peacefully form such associations as seem to them desirable. If left alone. So what?

Herewith another and yet worse confession:: I do not see, or care, why it is thought my duty to like, or dislike, groups because of their race, creed, color, sex, sexual aberration, or national origin. Nor do I think it their duty to like me. I especially do not understand why the federal government should decide with whom I ought to associate.