• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Reported: Russell Wilson to Start Against the Jets

Fair ..
Based on his past performances, current stage of career, other immeasurable variables, etc, etc..I would put him at top 15 in league right now.
And yes, there are always QBs starting in the NFL that I would consider lower tier performers…. Every year.

I can't quite yet rate where Russ would settle in at, league wise. Once he plays and establishes what level of play he is currently at, until then all is just guessing. I do hope you are correct in being top 15 or better, that would do wonders for this struggling offense.

My biggest concern is his health, especially behind this "paper-clipped together" offensive line. His movement will be needed but also his pocket awareness will be valued.

Salute the nation

I can't quite yet rate where Russ would settle in at, league wise. Once he plays and establishes what level of play he is currently at, until then all is just guessing. I do hope you are correct in being top 15 or better, that would do wonders for this struggling offense.

My biggest concern is his health, especially behind this "paper-clipped together" offensive line. His movement will be needed but also his pocket awareness will be valued.

Salute the nation
All of this nonsense will be out to bed Sunday night. There will be people who will find any detail to magnify especially if the game is an L and even if it's a W

Wilson will have to completely shut the bed for me to want to regress to Fields. They will ignore the first 6 games of the season of it serves them

I'm just so glad we got two great QB's...I love em both...

We can and WILL win with either...
Exactly. 2 great players And more importantly, they are great teammates. It's the team that wins and loses. Wilson has always been the consummate professional, gracious, unassuming, and no ego. Fields impressed me when he took responsibility for his performance and said had he played better, there wouldn't be a debate.

All of this nonsense will be out to bed Sunday night. There will be people who will find any detail to magnify especially if the game is an L and even if it's a W

Wilson will have to completely shut the bed for me to want to regress to Fields. They will ignore the first 6 games of the season of it serves them
Regardless of the outcome of Sunday nite if Russ starts....you have to give him multiple games to adjust back to football. I hope Tomlin told him as much. Simply go out and play and not be looking over his shoulder. Otherwise he shouldn't be starting.

Some are saying give Russ to the bye week. I would give him more games than that.

I am more worried about the offensive system we employ and our OL. Add in also our depth issue at WRs....than I am Russ. Question is can Russ succeed with all of the above? As you said above...Sunday nite all the nonsense will be put to bed.

I will take a wild guess that he is banking on Russ as the reason we are better.
Wrong we are better with either of them. Russ has a much higher floor and Fields at this point has the higher ceiling long term. Kenny, whom I defended until he ran away didn’t have Russ floor or Fields ceiling and is older than Fields. I was all for keeping Kenny and not signing either one as I thought it would have cost us a lot more but I am quite happy right now having both. Short term I think Russ will raise the level of our passing game but long term I am hoping watching Russ for a bit will rub off on Fields. He has never really ever sat and watched a good Vet play.

Regardless of the outcome of Sunday nite if Russ starts....you have to give him multiple games to adjust back to football. I hope Tomlin told him as much. Simply go out and play and not be looking over his shoulder. Otherwise he shouldn't be starting.

Some are saying give Russ to the bye week. I would give him more games than that.

I am more worried about the offensive system we employ and our OL. Add in also our depth issue at WRs....than I am Russ. Question is can Russ succeed with all of the above? As you said above...Sunday nite all the nonsense will be put to bed.
This will be a good test for this system as it was designed for a QB like Russ. If we go Fields long term we would need to tweak this system as he is not, at this point a good play action passer. I am hoping he learns.

Without Russell playing to his potential, even at this stage of his career.
We don’t win the division and/or win one playoff game imho..

Huh? We are far better at O Line aside from injuries, QB is light years ahead of last year and will be even better IMHO when Wilson is in and utilizes our receivers better. I am not sure where we disconnected. I was referring to why isn't Mason starting in TN.
I would start Mason in Tenn as well.
My point was the line is better on paper. In reality, Jones looks like a bust seamalu is not what he was in Philly. Fautanu and frazier should help. But they are hurt. And the running game is worse. Oh and we still don't have our guy at QB.

Yours included.
Clown.

Exactly. 2 great players And more importantly, they are great teammates. It's the team that wins and loses. Wilson has always been the consummate professional, gracious, unassuming, and no ego. Fields impressed me when he took responsibility for his performance and said had he played better, there wouldn't be a debate.
We will win with both?
So what are you whining about?