• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

Believe it or not, we're actually averaging slightly more points per game than Br*dy and the Bucs.
Us 17.5, Tampa 17.2.

Believe it or not, we're actually averaging slightly more points per game than Br*dy and the Bucs.
Us 17.5, Tampa 17.2.

**** t*mmyb*y with a

RED
HOT
POKER

But I’m glad we get to be a part of his demise.!!!!

Nice find and post Ron, thank you

Salute the nation

You think Mitch is going to be here next year? Rudolph is on the first flight out of town January 8th. Trubisky isn’t going to be too far behind him. Not going to pay 8 million on a backup.

I would say if Tomlin wants to win a game then he should probably consider it.

We can’t trade Rudolph, he’s a free agent.
Here’s where the circle completes

Rudy’s preseason started with chants of Kenny, Kenny before he even played a snap

After Mitch has already tossed a couple picks in the first half the chant of Rudy, Rudy starts the second half

With Tomlin’s precious streak on the line he once again yields to the chants of the crowd…and it’s not even a real home game

And your guy gets a shot at redemption before riding off to the sunset

Here’s where the circle completes

Rudy’s preseason started with chants of Kenny, Kenny before he even played a snap

After Mitch has already tossed a couple picks in the first half the chant of Rudy, Rudy starts the second half

With Tomlin’s precious streak on the line he once again yields to the chants of the crowd…and it’s not even a real home game

And your guy gets a shot at redemption before riding off to the sunset
At least he would get a shot with another team. No hard feelings here. We put all our chips in the KP basket and I hope it works. But hopefully wherever Rudolph goes he gets a fair shot at starting. He at 27 still has a lot of upside and I will root for him.

The season is over. If he is indeed better than Trubisky and he gets you an extra win what is that doing. That ship has sailed even if he somehow looked better than most expect he ain't coming back here after being inactive for virtually the whole season. You couldn't even get trade value because he is FA. Pointless. Play Trubisky. If he stinks you can throw Mason in at half.

Maybe to win the game...

I saw a headline yesterday or the day before where DJ was supposedly calling for Mason to play.

It's hard to believe our #1 receiver has zero touchdowns after 13 games. WTF.

The Steelers had a midseason QB competition splitting the first-team reps and creating questions only to stick with Trubisky as QB this week. The season is over, but the management of the roster and QBs throughout the year has been curious.

The Steelers had a midseason QB competition splitting the first-team reps and creating questions only to stick with Trubisky as QB this week. The season is over, but the management of the roster and QBs throughout the year has been curious.

I think that “non-losing” season thing is still in several players / coaches minds.

Until that aspect is mathematically gone…………

Salute the nation

At least he would get a shot with another team. No hard feelings here. We put all our chips in the KP basket and I hope it works. But hopefully wherever Rudolph goes he gets a fair shot at starting. He at 27 still has a lot of upside and I will root for him.
he was kneecapped as soon as he was drafted. Ben wanted more weapons, not a developmental qb because he really liked Dobbs… the bulk of the fanbase hated the pick because they illogically wanted to wait till ben retired to start looking for a replacement… and nobody in this fanbase can grasp whats good for a first time starter… they expect Rookie Ben results from everyone…

Yeah I wish him pro bowls on some nfc team in the future… we did kind of do him dirty

he was kneecapped as soon as he was drafted. Ben wanted more weapons, not a developmental qb because he really liked Dobbs… the bulk of the fanbase hated the pick because they illogically wanted to wait till ben retired to start looking for a replacement… and nobody in this fanbase can grasp whats good for a first time starter… they expect Rookie Ben results from everyone…

Yeah I wish him pro bowls on some nfc team in the future… we did kind of do him dirty
I have to disagree with the notion the team did him dirty. When the press wasn't around and the doors were closed I am willing to bet they took a close look at all three. I just think they thought the other two brought more to the table.

When he was drafted personally I thought it was good value. Ok college statistics, then the FO applied a decent helping of sugar coating.

I think he lost more fans with his mediocre to poor showing.

I think during his opportunities if he would have showed better, there would have been a different FO reaction. Light up the scoreboard in a game there probably would be more Rudy supporters.

Most fans only care about winning if you can lead the team to wins they will support you. If you can't they won't.

Maybe to win the game...
To me any win that isn't driving the team forward into next season is just lowering the draft picks. If they beat tge Ravens last week with Kenny, that drives the team forward. Explain to me what Mason Rudolph leading this team to a win in Carolina does for this team in the big picture?
Literally only way Mason is a Steeler next year is if he gets zero interest and is willing to be a career backup.

To me any win that isn't driving the team forward into next season is just lowering the draft picks. If they beat tge Ravens last week with Kenny, that drives the team forward. Explain to me what Mason Rudolph leading this team to a win in Carolina does for this team in the big picture?
Literally only way Mason is a Steeler next year is if he gets zero interest and is willing to be a career backup.
A win is a win. I absolutely hate that we are doing mock drafts(myself included) already. I understand the draft pick part, but as a fan I want them to win every single game left.
we got TJ with the 30th pick and Bush with the 10th. Drafts come down to who not when

I hope he goes to an NFC team to. I actually feel the Panthers would be a good fit.

A win is a win. I absolutely hate that we are doing mock drafts(myself included) already. I understand the draft pick part, but as a fan I want them to win every single game left.
we got TJ with the 30th pick and Bush with the 10th. Drafts come down to who not when
There are only about 30 above average good players in an average draft. The higher you draft, the more the chance a player you like will be there. One draft spot was the difference between us getting Timmons , a decent ilb, instead of Revis, a HOF level CB… or Meh Cb Artie Burns instead of WJ3.. a legit starter

There are only about 30 above average good players in an average draft. The higher you draft, the more the chance a player you like will be there. One draft spot was the difference between us getting Timmons , a decent ilb, instead of Revis, a HOF level CB… or Meh Cb Artie Burns instead of WJ3.. a legit starter
I understand that. but the thought of hoping for losses for better draft picks really really sucks

And to show how inept Tomlin is. Good players go in his doghouse and the team suffers for it.

I did not mind the Rudolph pick, but I just don't think he had shown much. Pickett seems to bring more moxy, stronger arm, and more mobility. DJ has had a bad season, but alot of it is his own doing with the drops. Maybe he has better chemistry with Mason we will see.

I hope he goes to an NFC team to. I actually feel the Panthers would be a good fit.
I actually hope an AFC team. He averages under a touchdown per game for his career and just a 61.5 completion percentage. Better odds of a Steelers win against a conference opponent.

The rational and reasonable approach to lost seasons is that you make every move as if the playoffs will happen until you are mathematically eliminated then you make moves for the future… you shut down “injured but playing through it” players for the season and preserve them for the next year… you give the younger guys a look.. you try some different things to see what might be best… that doesn’t mean you tank and order losses… it just means that trying a different kick return strategy of going for a few extra 4th and shorts at midfield or taking more risky deep shots isn’t a bad idea… it gives you stuff to build on and stresses where you need to focus on next year…

I actually hope an AFC team. He averages under a touchdown per game for his career and just a 61.5 completion percentage. Better odds of a Steelers win against a conference opponent.

I wouldn’t put too much faith in that especially in our cruddy offense since 2019… that first year while morons bitched about his games, he had some really great metrics for a first time starter… up until that Detroit game I think he was top 150 all time in TDpass %… which isn’t exactly bad.. under the right system he potentially could be good… not worth the risk of having him develop for a potential rival in the afc…

I think TJ should be shut down. He looked good when he first came back, but has definitely not looked like himself lately. I see no reason to risk him getting a potential severe injury.

He also has a winning record and more touchdowns than interceptions. A few things Pickett doesn’t have.

Sounds like Trubisky will start but will be on a short leash