• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

That’s an easy one…….

Rudolf is gone after the season is over, no question about that.

Mitch is being PAID 7 million to be here and he will be here next season as well.

There is NO reason to start red-nose, none at all.

There is reason to start Mitch, not just because he is getting paid, but also because he will be here next year.

There is absolutely NO trade value in Rudolf.

Salute the nation
I’m thinking Mitch is gone. That’s a lot of money to pay a back up QB for a team with so many needs.

Well....that did it for me...

I hope Mitch gets the call Sunday and he throw 1 pass to DJ all game ...
And 3 more to the Panthers, right!

DJ was probably just sticking up for his guy. I would not read too much into it. Maybe DJ thinks he won't drop balls from mason. Don't really care who starts if Pickett can't go just hope they play well

I’m thinking Mitch is gone. That’s a lot of money to pay a back up QB for a team with so many needs.
If we are going to spend 8 million we might as well get Minchew to at least give some competition to KP.

Is there a possible scenario in there that Mason Rudolph doesn't play well?
No, 448, there isn't. It's an impossibility in FordFairLane's bizarro world. He tells you to read his last sentence. OK, let's do that. Notice below, it says nothing about Rudolph not playing well, it's an if/then statement linking MR and "we" (the rest of the Steelers) to a loss. If he loses, then it therefore must be because of the rest of the team, you see.

Similarly, it wasn't Mason's fault that Pittsburgh only managed a tie against the lowly Lions in his last start. Despite a shltty 72.4 passer rating and only leading the team to 16 points in 4 quarters plus overtime at home against one of the league's worst defenses, according to FFL, Rudolph didn't play badly -- it was mainly Freirmuth's fault for fumbling the ball on the 38 yard line with 15 seconds left in the 70th minute of the game.

I haven't seen undying man-love for a mediocre Steelers quarterback like this since the Kordell days. It's remarkably amusing.

Read the last sentence.
Guess we’ll have to wait and see. It’s a no win situation for the Steelers if Rudolph has a great game. If he looks good then people will say he should start vs the Raiders. If he throws together two good games and we win people will ask why he didn’t start from the beginning. If he wins all four we still don’t make the playoffs, Tomlin gets his above .500 season, our draft pick is worse, and the fan base has to come to grips that maybe Rudolph never had a fair opportunity this last summer.
If he loses then we lose to the poop panthers team.

I know a lot of people will say Purdy>Pickett. I think it’s 49’ers>Steelers.

Purdy looks good. Has 6 TD and 2 INT in 3 1/2 games, much better statistically than Pickett. But then, the 49’ers aren’t setting Purdy up for failure every game.

I know a lot of people will say Purdy>Pickett. I think it’s 49’ers>Steelers.

Purdy looks good. Has 6 TD and 2 INT in 3 1/2 games, much better statistically than Pickett. But then, the 49’ers aren’t setting Purdy up for failure every game.
The 49ers have a top-10 offensive line, an elite tight end, an elite running back, an elite receiver (prior to Samuel's injury), and one of the best offensive minds in the league. Yeah, that team runs circles around the Steelers in setting up any QB for success.

II know a lot of people will say Purdy>Pickett. I think it’s 49’ers>Steelers.

Anticipation, accuracy and football IQ goes a long way. It’s subjective to try to determine how much the differences on the team contribute. So I’m not going to guess. So I’ll just say so far Purdy has shown some key attributes that are a recipe for success. I am not saying he’s going to be the next Joe Montana but i think he’s showing he has a bright future in the NFL.

LOL @ Minchew giving competition to KP or the idea the FO will at this point bring in competition for KP. More patch grand delusion.

DJ wants to see Rudolph start…

Well of course. It's a great opportunity to showcase for other teams looking for a qb. I hope he throws for 400 yards and 5 td's.
I doubt that happens,but I hope he does well.
The Steelers need rebuilt from the HC on down. So hopefully he goes to a team that somewhat has its **** together.

Anticipation, accuracy and football IQ goes a long way. It’s subjective to try to determine how much the differences on the team contribute. So I’m not going to guess. So I’ll just say so far Purdy has shown some key attributes that are a recipe for success. I am not saying he’s going to be the next Joe Montana but i think he’s showing he has a bright future in the NFL.

He's walking on to a built team with good coaching. Much like Ben when he got drafted by the Steelers.

What Purdy has done has been impressive, but SF is a superior team in all ways. Its also only a few games so the hype train may derail.

Ive decided i want to see rudolph start if Kenny can't go. The season is pretty much over so even though I don't think he is better than Mitch, I think it would be more like a solid favor to him. Let him show what he has to other teams

what are Rudolph's Key statistical stats to be considered a success on Sunday?
I think given that he is the "3rd string" Qb they cant be too stringent can they?

Really dont want to hear that "well it was the Panthers" after the game.

Im presuming rudolph will get the start of course..
Not a great bet ,,, but id say its a pretty good possibility.

I think given that he is the "3rd string" Qb they cant be too stringent can they?

I would say a good game is 200 yards and 2/1 td to int. A great game is 300 with 2/0 or 3/1. And a phenomenal game is 350+ 3+ 0 int.

man, to bad this isnt a week later. playing Christmas eve. the outcast Rudolph has a chance to shine. ..... where have I heard this story before?

1- Brock Purdy 93 attempts. 6 tds
2- Bailey Zappe 92 attempts. 5 tds
3. Kenny Pickett 294 attempts. 4 tds

😅 Patch doesn't grasp that a QB on a superior team has a good chance at better stats. Neither team has Canada. Put either of those two QBs on the Steelers and see how they perform.

And we are stupid ones.

well i have no agenda.. I think fairlane isnt a fan of kenny. Im not sold one way or the other. Especially with this HC or OC. Another stat to look at would be completion %

well i have no agenda.. I think fairlane isnt a fan of kenny. Im not sold one way or the other. Especially with this HC or OC. Another stat to look at would be completion %
That is what I meant by agenda not you.😉

Kenny's completion percentage is 65 if I remember correctly. Not bad. I said somewhere that I would like to see it jump up to 70. I think he is capable.

That is what I meant by agenda not you.😉

Kenny's completion percentage is 65 if I remember correctly. Not bad. I said somewhere that I would like to see it jump up to 70. I think he is capable.
I'm fine with 65% if the percentage stays there with an increased number of intermediate and deep completions rather than padding the stats with the short passes. Given how many games he's played, I don't anticipate much of a change in performance the rest of this season, so I would like to see a step forward next season.

Red Nose 19 / 26 / 173 yards / 2 TD / 1 int

Salute the nation