• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

especially since rudy has had years to prove himself and hasn't
He had 10 games. Pickett has started 9. I don’t get why it’s hard for people to comprehend that Rudolph didn’t get an opportunity. Obviously, Pickett is our future and the franchise will ride or die depending on his development. And I really hope he turns it around. He’s a had a really horrible start so I hope he can do so. But I call it as I see it. I’m not going to be a homer and live in some fantasy land where the steelers do no wrong.

He had 10 games. Pickett has started 9. I don’t get why it’s hard for people to comprehend that Rudolph didn’t get an opportunity. Obviously, Pickett is our future and the franchise will ride or die depending on his development. And I really hope he turns it around. He’s a had a really horrible start so I hope he can do so. But I call it as I see it. I’m not going to be a homer and live in some fantasy land where the steelers do no wrong.
I'm not saying they have been wrong

I'm saying they are not wrong on rudy

He had many opportunities and showed very little

I'm not saying they have been wrong

I'm saying they are not wrong on rudy

He had many opportunities and showed very little
Say it with me. Rudolph has had 10 career starts. Picked has had 9 career starts.

By your reason Pickett has had his chances and since he’s played so poorly we should clearly move on. But moving on from Pickett would be premature. But if you really can’t grasp that then you are beyond hope.

The reason Rudolph had only 10 games is because he got benched.
he was playing behind a hall of fame QB. and to be honest, he didnt really get a fair deal this year. I hope he gets a chance to play, and I hoope he gets a good deal next year

First of all I will say,I would have been alright with Mason starting the season. I thought getting Mitch was a waste of time. Any game I had ever watched of him,I thought he was exactly like he has played so far. I kind of thought he or Mason were basically the same in talent. Both of them average at best.

Now that being said.....you keep on going on and on and on and on about Mason not getting a fair chance. Have you never been involved in team sports? There is obviously a ton of practice and evaluation time. He was drafted in 2018!

He has had tons of time to prove to the higher ups that he deserves to play from a talent point of view. Obviously he hasn’t proved himself worth ****. Now you can argue that all you want. You certainly don’t seem him practicing day in and day out. He’s got so much talent that they signed a below average QB in free agency and drafted A QB in round one.

Rudy is what he is. A third string QB on a bottom 3rd team in the NFL.
That you even mention that he’d be a great fit In Carolina and do well....or elsewhere as a starting QB is just Laughable.

I am sure teams are just laughing at the Steelers right now,and making Rudy their #1 free agency acquisition.
That you have gotten 25 pages on this is really quite remarkable. A real feather in your cap.
And by the way....I wish Rudy nothing but the best. And as usual anyone that disagrees with you is nothing but a Kenny Homer. He’s got a heck of a lot more to prove to me. I definitely think his talent ceiling is higher than Mason.

he was playing behind a hall of fame QB. and to be honest, he didnt really get a fair deal this year. I hope he gets a chance to play, and I hoope he gets a good deal next year

He also played in 2 games last year and averaged 4.8 yards per attempt. The Steelers wouldn’t have signed Trubisky and drafted Pickett if they were going to give him a chance this year.

He also played in 2 games last year and averaged 4.8 yards per attempt. The Steelers wouldn’t have signed Trubisky and drafted Pickett if they were going to give him a chance this year.
hard to argue against that

First of all I will say,I would have been alright with Mason starting the season. I thought getting Mitch was a waste of time. Any game I had ever watched of him,I thought he was exactly like he has played so far. I kind of thought he or Mason were basically the same in talent. Both of them average at best.

Now that being said.....you keep on going on and on and on and on about Mason not getting a fair chance. Have you never been involved in team sports? There is obviously a ton of practice and evaluation time. He was drafted in 2018!

He has had tons of time to prove to the higher ups that he deserves to play from a talent point of view. Obviously he hasn’t proved himself worth ****. Now you can argue that all you want. You certainly don’t seem him practicing day in and day out. He’s got so much talent that they signed a below average QB in free agency and drafted A QB in round one.

Rudy is what he is. A third string QB on a bottom 3rd team in the NFL.
That you even mention that he’d be a great fit In Carolina and do well....or elsewhere as a starting QB is just Laughable.

I am sure teams are just laughing at the Steelers right now,and making Rudy their #1 free agency acquisition.
That you have gotten 25 pages on this is really quite remarkable. A real feather in your cap.
And by the way....I wish Rudy nothing but the best. And as usual anyone that disagrees with you is nothing but a Kenny Homer. He’s got a heck of a lot more to prove to me. I definitely think his talent ceiling is higher than Mason.
I would have been fine with going into this season with Mason starting and if he showed he wasn’t the the guy then move on next year. I didn’t like reaching on Pickett then handing him the starting job and watch him destroy our season. I mean he hasn’t even played as well as Trubisky. That’s pathetic. He’s not anywhere near NFL ready. He has improved from hot garbage to just garbage so that’s a positive. But he has a long way to go.

I have been. I honestly believe Mason not getting an opportunity has more to do with Politics and ticket and jersey sales. And I also don’t trust this coaching staff to evaluate talent. I saw improvement in Rudolph 2 years ago vs Cleveland and I saw a better game than the stats indicate vs the Lions. Not willing to anoint him the heir apparent but enough to say he should get an opportunity.

After 10 games you know that? I guess we’ll see. Because I don’t know that. I have only seen 10 total games. But I guarantee this he signs elsewhere and we’ll see what happens.

You laugh but I bet there’s a few teams that come at him hard. I doubt he makes it a week on the market.

See the same ol regurgitated ****. People show the man Pickett wasn't a reach. Rudy had chances this ludicrous notion that he hasn't just gets regurgitated over and over and over again.

Attachments

• patch.png
    patch.png
    219.8 KB · Views: 8
Say it with me. Rudolph has had 10 career starts. Picked has had 9 career starts.

By your reason Pickett has had his chances and since he’s played so poorly we should clearly move on. But moving on from Pickett would be premature. But if you really can’t grasp that then you are beyond hope.
Ten starts over three seasons and did not demonstrate the development needed to establish himself as a quality starting quarterback in the NFL. The last we saw of him he appeared to be a low-end starter or high-end backup.

Just like they went after him hard on the trade market?
Careful debating with him it won't be long before he starts telling how dumb you are and how smart he is.

Ten starts over three seasons and did not demonstrate the development needed to establish himself as a quality starting quarterback in the NFL. The last we saw of him he appeared to be a low-end starter or high-end backup.
But he’s outplayed Pickett. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say Rudolph has played bad and has had plenty of opportunities unless you are willing to say the same about Pickett. Either that or you are a hypocrite.

There it is I knew it wouldn't take long.😅

I didn't hear about anyone wanting Rudy. That sounds made up.

hard to argue against that
It was one game. He averaged 7.5 y/a vs the Browns the year before. He also came in cold without practicing as the starter as Roethlisberger was a late scratch with Covid.

Poor poor Rudy never got to play in any reindeer games.

I didn't realize we sucked because of Kenny. I thought we sucked because we suck.