• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

I should really thank the NFL for being as they are knowadays. I get so much time back that I used to spend watching other games.

It actually won't be that as much on Wilson as it will be our very young OL. It's going to be a good test vs very good defenses. The Eagles always seem to get the better of the Steelers.

Oh 11 days, that makes a huge difference..haha. Those are going to be very physical games.

Schooled

Salute the nation

The ONLY way Wilson was making MORE money is if another team paid him more than 40 +/- million for 2024. All the Steelers did was pay vet min, which saved Denver about 1.2 million. If a team paid Wilson 20 million, he was still only making 40+/- million. The 20 million would not be in addition to thrpe Denver money.

Go back and read all the excellent explanations on this very question.
Ok I did not realize what he earned was deducted. So he went to team that offered best opportunity to start with a good defense and running game. So he can showcase himself. I can live with that I'm a big boy. I don't need the fake raw raw Steelers bulllshit.

A difference of opinion is acceptable.....or used to be..

But here we go again....There is a petition to gather 200,000 signatures (not sure why that number?), for the NFL and/or CHiefs to suspend or cancel him all together...
See, that’s what’s wrong. This entire cancel crap has got to be eliminated before it destroys our society. Thr man has his opinions, views, and religious beliefs and he should be allowed to voice those. Just because you don’t agree and have different ones, that’s your business. Now to say you have to cancel this man because he speaks his beliefs, that’s wrong. This is not America anymore if this **** is allowed to continue.

See, that’s what’s wrong. This entire cancel crap has got to be eliminated before it destroys our society. Thr man has his opinions, views, and religious beliefs and he should be allowed to voice those. Just because you don’t agree and have different ones, that’s your business. Now to say you have to cancel this man because he speaks his beliefs, that’s wrong. This is not America anymore if this **** is allowed to continue.
Cancelling is what happened to Kapernick, Butker still has a job.

Kap wasn't canceled. The rest of the NFL just figured out he sucked
His career completion percentage hovered around Zappe’s last year completion percentage. If you are going to stir a pot ( right or wrong) you better have an overwhelming statistic that makes them stay the course. Now he was a decent runner so to play devils advocate some might consider that enough to hang around. But obviously the NFL disagreed with anyone who might take that stance.

If Kaepernick still had talent, some QB starved team would have signed him. Hell, the Steelers gave Vick another shot.
Point is Kap no longer displayed the talent, while Butker is still a talented kicker, not that his comments on a woman's choice should affect his employment status.

His career completion percentage hovered around Zappe’s last year completion percentage. If you are going to stir a pot ( right or wrong) you better have an overwhelming statistic that makes them stay the course. Now he was a decent runner so to play devils advocate some might consider that enough to hang around. But obviously the NFL disagreed with anyone who might take that stance.
Kapernick was using the NFL games as a stage for his protests. If Butker were to do the same, he might get canceled as well.

He had a 90 rating his final year in the league. He could have been a backup.
Then why when he set up a private workout and had teams fly out to see him, he didn't even bother to show up. Spare the victim ****, the dude used his political theater as a means to collect activist cred, threw his own adopted family under the bus, and then complains a league won't hire him that he called "modern day slavery". He's a piece of ****, and idgaf that he doesn't have a job

If 1 NFL owner or Coach thought, he had anything left to offer he would be on a team today.
He’s been out of the league almost a decade. He had enough talent to be a backup 7 years ago.

He’s been out of the league almost a decade. He had enough talent to be a backup 7 years ago.
If he had enough talent he would have been on a team. the NFL has given 2nd chances to Murderers, Dog Killers, child abusers, rapists etc. They do not care if it equals wins and $$$.

Then why when he set up a private workout and had teams fly out to see him, he didn't even bother to show up. Spare the victim ****, the dude used his political theater as a means to collect activist cred, threw his own adopted family under the bus, and then complains a league won't hire him that he called "modern day slavery". He's a piece of ****, and idgaf that he doesn't have a job
Wasn’t that private workout after several years being out of the league?

I don’t care that he was canceled. A job is a privilege and I found his protest absurd being that the country he was protesting enabled him to make millions for a trivial job.

If he had enough talent he would have been on a team. the NFL has given 2nd chances to Murderers, Dog Killers, child abusers, rapists etc. They do not care if it equals wins and $$$.
Those crimes aren’t a spectacle every week like Kapernick’s protest were.

😂 Dude!

The reason the NFL makes the insane money it makes is because people like you watch games faithfully. So you want corporations who buy advertising because you watch the games to suffer because you don’t like what the NFL is doing? You want to have principle without actually having principle.
You are way off track here ...This is the logical problem with boycotting watching games... unless you are a neilsen viewer, it does not matter if you are watching or not.. unless it is streaming... because thats the way ratings are determined... every single non tracked household can boycott something and if the Neilsen households still tune in, it still gets great ratings...

Ratings are only important because it drives the price the networks can charge for commercials and adds importance to the self promotion they do during programing...

Its mostly based on perception... so if the viewers still watch but then publicly boycott anyone who advertises during the games, that puts bad pr on the idea of advertising during a game... networks wouldn't stand for that... and tge NFL would do anything to appease networks...

He had a 90 rating his final year in the league. He could have been a backup.
He didn't want to be a back up if I remember correctly. He felt that he was a starter.

You are way off track here ...This is the logical problem with boycotting watching games... unless you are a neilsen viewer, it does not matter if you are watching or not.. unless it is streaming... because thats the way ratings are determined... every single non tracked household can boycott something and if the Neilsen households still tune in, it still gets great ratings...

Ratings are only important because it drives the price the networks can charge for commercials and adds importance to the self promotion they do during programing...

Its mostly based on perception... so if the viewers still watch but then publicly boycott anyone who advertises during the games, that puts bad pr on the idea of advertising during a game... networks wouldn't stand for that... and tge NFL would do anything to appease networks...
😂 No I’m not off track. You’re talking about boycotting the corporations who advertise on NFL games, not because of something they do, but because of something the NFL does. That’s absurdly misguided not to mention impractical considering the number of corporations. The networks that televise the games advertise during the games. I guess you’ll make an exception for them?

You just can’t bring yourself to do the truly principled thing and boycott the NFL directly.

He could have been a backup.
Kapernick is a backup.
. Back up off his knees!
R.1f4dbb9ae64ffebd3fcedf9b63075fc2