• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

😂 No I’m not off track. You’re talking about boycotting the corporations who advertise on NFL games, not because of something they do, but because of something the NFL does. That’s absurdly misguided not to mention impractical considering the number of corporations. The networks that televise the games advertise during the games. I guess you’ll make an exception for them?

You just can’t bring yourself to do the truly principled thing and boycott the NFL directly.
Again follow the logic... if 10,000,000 non neilsen folk like me boycotted watching the nfl.. it does absolutely nothing to the ratings. Neither the networks nor the NFL would ever know... however a couple hundred people actively boycotting soonsers and publicly talking about it does absolutely cause corporations to make corrective actions... its the basis for cancel culture... yes you absolutely target collateral damage instead of tge direct offender... and yeah its ******, but its very effective especially against stupid corporate agendas ...

He had a 90 rating his final year in the league. He could have been a backup.
So,so easy for you to say. Would he have accepted a backup role? Would he have accepted backup money? Did he say no to teams that didn’t offer enough?Did teams want all the drama that would have followed him wherever he went? Or maybe teams just figured him out…..and he was done.
Its always so easy to tell other people what to do with their money or business.
I’m sure if you owned a team the first thing you would do would bring him out of retirement. 🙄🙄

Again follow the logic... if 10,000,000 non neilsen folk like me boycotted watching the nfl.. it does absolutely nothing to the ratings. Neither the networks nor the NFL would ever know... however a couple hundred people actively boycotting soonsers and publicly talking about it does absolutely cause corporations to make corrective actions... its the basis for cancel culture... yes you absolutely target collateral damage instead of tge direct offender... and yeah its ******, but its very effective especially against stupid corporate agendas ...
So the NFL isn’t going to notice 10,000,000 not watching their games, but the corporations are going to connect the dots because 1 in every 33 Americans is boycotting them and their competitors product because they advertise on NFL games?

Again what do you about the networks advertising themselves during NFL games? You’re abandoning your boycott right there.

So,so easy for you to say. Would he have accepted a backup role? Would he have accepted backup money? Did he say no to teams that didn’t offer enough?Did teams want all the drama that would have followed him wherever he went? Or maybe teams just figured him out…..and he was done.
Its always so easy to tell other people what to do with their money or business.
I’m sure if you owned a team the first thing you would do would bring him out of retirement. 🙄🙄
WTF?
I don’t care that he was canceled. A job is a privilege and I found his protest absurd being that the country he was protesting enabled him to make millions for a trivial job.

So the NFL isn’t going to notice 10,000,000 not watching their games, but the corporations are going to connect the dots because 1 in every 33 Americans is boycotting them and their competitors product because they advertise on NFL games?

Again what do you about the networks advertising themselves during NFL games? You’re abandoning your boycott right there.
Yes. If they aren't neilson tracked viewer, whetger tgey watch or not isnt tracked and nobody knows... ratings are basically polls. Outside of streaming services that track downloads all ratings are guess-tamations based on tracked viewership.. its why several shows with ****** ratings got cancelled, went to streaming, then when real tracked data showed tgey were extremely popular, were resurrected...

Turning off tge NFL isnt a real protest method unless you are tracked

Nobody knows what you are referring to. Nobody is aware of the P Diddy video because after obtaining it, CNN buried it and didn’t share it with other media outlets. Nobody has seen it.

Or is that just another delusion of yours?
Thank you for proving my point

Because the nfl concerns themselves with pc crap. Sorry, but if they are inclusive, they embrace his comments, too. Or, they publicly renounce gay or trans, etc., comments.

Look, I am a middle of the roader when it comes to a lot of this stuff....You want to do the gay thing? Fine, do it, but don't force it on me or my family. I don't get all lathered up about abortion rights either..... But if I had been at that graduation and heard him saying some of those things, I would have been looking to the sky for the lead balloon. The whole "homemaker" comment, come on now, it's not 1956 anymore....Most women nowadays don't aspire to be June Cleaver....

He purposely said a lot of that stuff to stir up controversy IMO.

You need to take into consideration who he was speaking to, the graduation class of a Catholic university, where he received a standing ovation after his 20 minute address. He wasn't speaking to the general public. This is only a controversy to those that wish to twist what he said to fit their particular ideology, even though he was not speaking to them.

1st amendment right is a right regardless.
Yes it is, which is why Kapernick had the right to be stupid. Which he was. But I don't disagree...he was good enough to have a job somewhere. But then again, he kinda screwed himself. The guy is an idiot.

I hope all the people wah, wahing remember that 1st Amendment thing with Butker.

Look, I am a middle of the roader when it comes to a lot of this stuff....You want to do the gay thing? Fine, do it, but don't force it on me or my family. I don't get all lathered up about abortion rights either..... But if I had been at that graduation and heard him saying some of those things, I would have been looking to the sky for the lead balloon. The whole "homemaker" comment, come on now, it's not 1956 anymore....Most women nowadays don't aspire to be June Cleaver....

I believe most of it, and we lived it for a long time. Sorry, but a lot of people really think this way, despite what Whoopie wants you to think.

And, it's not controversial. It just goes against the lefties, so they whine "controversy" but think drag queens reading to kids in schools is cool. Can't stand that nonsense. Sorry.

If Kap protested in his own time he might still be playing. Protesting while working......Meh. Not so much.

Kapernick was using the NFL games as a stage for his protests. If Butker were to do the same, he might get canceled as well.
And he would probably deserve it too

Kap wasn’t denied his 1st amendment rights. He was just told to do it on his own time and his own platform. He was supposedly protesting police malfeasance, yet never once protested outside any police department suspected of said malfeasance.

Kap wasn’t denied his 1st amendment rights. He was just told to do it on his own time and his own platform. He was supposedly protesting police malfeasance, yet never once protested outside any police department suspected of said malfeasance.
That's right! I never understood that. Go protest outside a police station somewhere. Have at it. It made no sense.

All the first amendment guaranteed is that the government couldn't persecute you for your opinions... unfortunately, individual corporations can absolutely punish you for free speech...
Ding ding ding...We have a winner!

Which part of “IF Butker were to” are you struggling with?

The same part of “but he wasn’t” that you don’t seem to grasp…………

Salute the nation

The Conspiracy theorist in me believes our government has seriously been infiltrated under the disguise of politics.

You see every fundamental American staple being scrutinized. You know American culture has been infiltrated when football - America’s sport is being questioned these days