• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

Kap wasn’t denied his 1st amendment rights. He was just told to do it on his own time and his own platform. He was supposedly protesting police malfeasance, yet never once protested outside any police department suspected of said malfeasance.
Exactly this.

Kap has/had every right to protest. The platform of which he chose to go about it was not smart.

And to respond to him being black balled. Maybe he was. I don’t think very many teams wanted the publicity along with his declining play.

These players live in a fish bowl. When they speak politics no matter which affiliation they’re going to draw attention. Butker is learning that now.

You need to take into consideration who he was speaking to, the graduation class of a Catholic university, where he received a standing ovation after his 20 minute address. He wasn't speaking to the general public. This is only a controversy to those that wish to twist what he said to fit their particular ideology, even though he was not speaking to them.
The particular ideology being that there’s really not much to homemaking once the kids can feed and dress themselves and spend the majority of the year in school.

The particular ideology being that there’s really not much to homemaking once the kids can feed and dress themselves and spend the majority of the year in school.
I’ll agree with you here

It’s common sense. Not really political that people who think for themselves will choose career first over social/religious fulfillments per social standards.

There’s nothing anti American or Anti Jesus in choosing career first.

But I also think that’s what Butker was saying. He didn’t say women were exclusive to being a house wife. He just said some have those options and still enjoy fulfilling that role.

Kap wasn’t denied his 1st amendment rights. He was just told to do it on his own time and his own platform. He was supposedly protesting police malfeasance, yet never once protested outside any police department suspected of said malfeasance.
The discussion was regarding being cancelled over expressing a belief.

The same part of “but he wasn’t” that you don’t seem to grasp…………

Salute the nation
So discussing Butker hypothetically getting cancelled is OK as long as you don’t discuss what would hypothetically lead to it?

Did I mention it was hypothetical?

I’ll agree with you here

It’s common sense. Not really political that people who think for themselves will choose career first over social/religious fulfillments per social standards.

There’s nothing anti American or Anti Jesus in choosing career first.

But I also think that’s what Butker was saying. He didn’t say women were exclusive to being a house wife. He just said some have those options and still enjoy fulfilling that role.
But the controversy is that he assigned roles to sexes. I knew a guy who was valedictorian of his high school class, got a degree from Columbia, only to become a stay-at-home dad. By Butkers remark, he and his wife were wrong for doing that.

Always a good idea to have the educational complex raise your kid. What could go wrong?
Raise your kids? My far right sister-in-law and her husband sent his son to Catholic school from kindergarten. None of it stopped him from cross dressing and being gay.

Exactly this.

Kap has/had every right to protest. The platform of which he chose to go about it was not smart.

And to respond to him being black balled. Maybe he was. I don’t think very many teams wanted the publicity along with his declining play.

These players live in a fish bowl. When they speak politics no matter which affiliation they’re going to draw attention. Butker is learning that now.

This guy was invited to speak. It's not like he's doing it at work.

This stuff isn't even on the same planet as what Kaperdick was doing at work. Which he's such a total fraud poser. His adoptive parents should have picked someone else.

P
The Conspiracy theorist in me believes our government has seriously been infiltrated under the disguise of politics.

You see every fundamental American staple being scrutinized. You know American culture has been infiltrated when football - America’s sport is being questioned these days
i love a good conspiracy theory, but I think Occums Razor applies here...
1. American corporations are always trying to appeal to the younger denomination for longer benefit.
2. Woke politics is most often associated with the younger generation because it was a narrative agenda built towards them
3. Woke politics is just a natural overcorrection to pre 1960's political structure... the pendulum swinging that far, that fast, was absolutely going to peak far past the logical center in those matters... its momentum is already stopped... it will start moving back the other way soon enough...
4. The NFL is a money ***** who will cater to whomever they think will make them richer... and they have to appeal to today's less athletically focused youth or risk being a sport like boxing or horse racing that drastically declined when they lost generational interest

Its not Diabolical motives, just plain greed and ignorance

But the controversy is that he assigned roles to sexes. I knew a guy who was valedictorian of his high school class, got a degree from Columbia, only to become a stay-at-home dad. By Butkers remark, he and his wife were wrong for doing that.
From historical trends we all stereotype those roles even if not intending to do so. I’m guilty of it myself.

Of course realistically we all know stereotypes and trends don’t apply to everyone. Such as the case of the guy from Columbia.

I could care less what Butker thinks

P

1. American corporations are always trying to appeal to the younger denomination for longer benefit.
2. Woke politics is most often associated with the younger generation because it was a narrative agenda built towards them
3. Woke politics is just a natural overcorrection to pre 1960's political structure... the pendulum swinging that far, that fast, was absolutely going to peak far past the logical center in those matters... its momentum is already stopped... it will start moving back the other way soon enough...
4. The NFL is a money ***** who will cater to whomever they think will make them richer... and they have to appeal to today's less athletically focused youth or risk being a sport like boxing or horse racing that drastically declined when they lost generational interest

Logically yes.
As a business you have to cater to the younger generation to stay afloat.

This country goes through social cycles. With social media at the forefront of it all. It’s easier to overreact to extreme ideologies floating out there. If you look hard enough just about anything can pieced together to draw in conspiracy.

But your post is my logical thought. Not my conspiracy thought lol

I agree that the two stories arent even remotely the same

The Kicker gave a speech at a non NFL related venue in a non NFL related role

The QB got benched for a game, threw a pouty temper tantrum during the anthem.. then retroactively associated it with his girlfriends political cause when the press started grilling him about it... then proceeded to lean into it.. causing a huge work disruption ...

One did the stuff on his own time and one on company time.

This guy was invited to speak. It's not like he's doing it at work.

This stuff isn't even on the same planet as what Kaperdick was doing at work. Which he's such a total fraud poser. His adoptive parents should have picked someone else.
It’s going to draw comparison to kap because “apply to me then apply to thee” backlash.

He’s a public figure on a similar platform. So those comparisons and repercussions will no doubt follow suit.

From historical trends we all stereotype those roles even if not intending to do so. I’m guilty of it myself.

Of course realistically we all know stereotypes and trends don’t apply to everyone. Such as the case of the guy from Columbia.

I could care less what Butker thinks
Right. The first time I changed my kids diaper I had changed more diapers than my dad and both grandfathers combined.

I agree that the two stories arent even remotely the same

The Kicker gave a speech at a non NFL related venue in a non NFL related role

The QB got benched for a game, threw a pouty temper tantrum during the anthem.. then retroactively associated it with his girlfriends political cause when the press started grilling him about it... then proceeded to lean into it.. causing a huge work disruption ...

One did the stuff on his own time and one on company time.
And Kapernick’s protest was a weekly spectacle that others started joining. Is anyone still sitting for the National Anthem? If they are, it’s being rightfully ignored.

And Kapernick’s protest was a weekly spectacle that others started joining. Is anyone still sitting for the National Anthem? If they are, it’s being rightfully ignored.
Hey if that kicker decides he wants to preach a sermon during every anthem, I will be equally opposed to it lol... and honestly I wasnt really offended by Kaps dumbfuckery.. it was just the national fawning that was annoying ... players are involved with all kinds of stuff I disagree with or dont care about... and as long as its all segmented in private arenas, i could not care less... its when the private opinion or message is being shoved down the publics throats that the non karens of tge world start getting annoyed

Has board changed. I don't see a post thread button. It says insufficient privileges to post thread at bottom. Have to be a due payer now?

P

We are no longer the demographic market.

Raise your kids? My far right sister-in-law and her husband sent his son to Catholic school from kindergarten. None of it stopped him from cross dressing and being gay.
You do know that you're talking to a guy with 24 years teaching experience, right?

The public schools are deeply humanist, and committedly "progressive." If that's what you want your kids to be, have at it.

As for your friend's kid, you are probably smart enough to understand that good efforts don't guarantee desired results. That, and many catholic schools are just mirrors of the left leaning public school systems.

There are many devout Christians who came from homes which were not devoutly Christian.

Just an observation.

Kap wasn't very good. He was benched. He was offered a QB3 spot by a team and turned it down. Then after multiple attempts to get back into the league, he had lost even more of the little he had to start with. That's when he started crying "racism" and "blackballed". F him.

You did not listen to his speech, did you?

I knew a guy who was valedictorian of his high school class, got a degree from Columbia

The fact that you know some antisemitic, Hamas-loving tool that graduated from Columbia shocks no one here.