• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rural Ohio

Compared to Trump, I do believe that most Americans view Biden as more stable.

I'm not necessarily saying it's the correct view, but Biden is currently killing Trump in the state polls for a reason.

Hillary was killing him in the state polls as well. How'd that work out? Again these polls are incorrectly weighted. Most people don't pay attention to politics until after summer. If Trump is within 3-4 points of Biden on election day he probably still wins. I'd wait until after the debates and closer to election time before I'd write off Trump.

I read an article or heard on the radio or somewhere that recent polls on black support of BLM that the saple group was not even exclusively black people. It was some black people but then a huge portion was liberal white people to fill in the blanks.

Over the last 10 years polls themselves became news stories. Polls are now used to CREATE news. Now they have tons of polling outfits that produce results to be sold not to be accurate. Now CNN says give us a polls that says X and a few days later they get the poll they commissioned, then they build their news for that day around the fake poll they created.

You have corrupt polls that don't even try to get neutral sample. You add in misleading questions and you get useless poll results.

What if they asked the question, do you agree that black lives matter? Everybody will say Yes. But that doesn't mean they support the political group BLM.

We saw this last election. They used polls to try to tell everybody that it was a landslide Hillary win so don't bother showing up. If they keep that up, I think that will cause more Biden voters to stay home than Trump voters. I'm guessing Trump voters can't wait to vote.

I don't think yard signs will tell the tale either. In the current climate, in many areas it's an invitation to get a rock through your window or your tires slashed. I believe a lot of people are seething in silence.

Another thing to remember is gay marriage. Polls always told us that gay marriage was wildly popular. Everybody was demanding it. It was put on ballots and lost every single time, even in California. Gay marriage lost in California. That proves the point that people will lie on polls and then vote their true beliefs in secret. That's why they are pushing cheat by mail.

I'll say it - if Biden wins, the ballots were stuffed.

The problem is Trump brought the war upon himself with stupid comments, insults, and just plain lies. If he would just do his job and stfu he would win in a landslide, but he keeps sticking his foot in his mouth. You can beat down people without being a dumbass, but he resorts to teenage insults instead. Some life long republicans said they wont vote for trump or biden, but a non-vote for trump is a win for biden.

OK Trumps an ogre, and says silly things.. Now gimme a valid reason not to vote for him. I'll wait.

Something along the lines of...he started a war we can't get out of, Isis is running rampant, the economy is in shambles, he never kept his campaign promises...you know **** like that.

Pathetic that voters would put "style" over what he has accomplished as the deciding factor. His body of work should be the deciding factor period..he's been a great president. Never was there one so committed.

Idiots, liberals, TDS types are gonna get to vote for a president. Now you know why communist regimes reject the democratic system of voting we hold so dear. It's flawed.

Last edited:
I'll say it - if Biden wins, the ballots were stuffed.

If Biden wins, it will be because this is a referendum on Trump. It really wouldn't matter who the opponent is.

Do I agree with making the choice that way? No. I think Trump is a moron but I will probably have to vote for him just so as not to give Dems complete control of the country. Unfortunately many people are not very informed on things like this, they just see that the country has gone to **** in the last several months and will blame Trump and by association, Republicans.

I just pray we don't lose the Senate too.

Pathetic that voters would put "style" over what he has accomplished as the deciding factor. His body of work should be the deciding factor period..he's been a great president. Never was there one so committed.

I think "style" is understating the nature of his flaws quite a bit.

If Biden wins, it will be because this is a referendum on Trump. It really wouldn't matter who the opponent is.

And what a shame that would be...a referendum based only the way he acts, nothing damaging as it relates to his record as president. A referendum based on feelings and emotions, way to go America.

Last edited:
The problem is Trump brought the war upon himself with stupid comments, insults, and just plain lies. If he would just do his job and stfu he would win in a landslide, but he keeps sticking his foot in his mouth. You can beat down people without being a dumbass, but he resorts to teenage insults instead. Some life long republicans said they wont vote for trump or biden, but a non-vote for trump is a win for biden.

This would be called blaming the victim. WashPo called for his impeachment minutes after his Inauguration. He committed the unpardonable sin of denying Hillary's coronation.

How much decorum did George W Bush -- although a RINO himself -- have? Romney? How many times did they turn the other cheek? They're losers on the scrap heap and silent while our country burns. I'd wager it would be even worse if Trump did not punch back back on twitter. Politics is a blood sport and not for the faint of heart if you stand against the DS and Uniparty.

And what a shame that would be...a referendum based only the way he acts, nothing damaging as it relates to his record as president. A referendum based on feelings and emotions, way to go America.

They can marry in haste, and repent at their leisure. Well, we may have not have much leisure once the hell and misery start in earnest, but the idea is there.

When we are 4% of the world's population and have a quarter of the Covid deaths, when the virus is spreading like wildfire and deaths are now rising again while dropping in other places, it's hard to make the case that his administration has handled this well. You can try to explain some of it away as fudged numbers or whatever but those results matter. His complete lack of empathy and care about the racial unrest in this country matters. Maybe not to you, but there's a whole big world of people of color out there who are a growing proportion of the population and he ignores them at his peril. He spends all of his time and communication trying to do nothing but appeal to the far right fringe who already support him, who will always support him no matter what. If he doesn't try to broaden his appeal beyond them he will lose and lose badly.

Not to mention his daily idiocies...it's not that we just don't like the way he acts. It's that his ignorance, impulsivity and fragile ego are frightening qualities in a leader of a world superpower. If the Dems had put up anyone with half a brain who wasn't a raging radical leftist I'd have a real hard time pulling the lever for Trump.

Yes, the media and establishment have had a target on his back from the beginning. But damned if he doesn't give them every shred of ammunition he can possibly give them.

Last edited:
67% of this country trust Fauci to handle this pandemic. 26% trust Trump. Now he wants to discredit Fauci.

I know some of you will discredit polls but it's highly unlikely this poll is off by 40 points.

67% of this country trust Fauci to handle this pandemic. 26% trust Trump. Now he wants to discredit Fauci.

I know some of you will discredit polls but it's highly unlikely this poll is off by 40 points.

Fauci will do anything he can to keep the economy down until the election. **** that fraud Hillary supporter.

Fauci will do anything he can to keep the economy down until the election. **** that fraud Hillary supporter.

Way to miss the point completely.

We all know how you, an ardent Trump supporter, feel about Fauci. The vast majority of the country trusts him way more than they trust Trump. So while he panders to you, a person who will vote for him come hell or high water, he is rapidly eroding faith and trust in his less devoted fans.

The "increase" in infections is due to re-opening, is affecting younger people more than the older because they socialize more without distancing or masks. Also, increased testing = more diagnosed cases.

However, it is also undeniable that the hospitalizations - the reason for the lockdown - are NOT overwhelming the medical facilities, and ICU units in almost every area have more than enough beds available.

Further, the death rate among people 19 or under is so miniscule as to be a non-issue. The death rate for the young is much lower than for regular flu virus, as evidenced by the fact that as of this past Friday, 29 people 19 and under had died of the Chinese flu and more than 100 had died of the regular flu.

Finally, as to total number of deaths ... China is a lying fraud. About everything, including Covid deaths. In March, a number of Chinese doctors reported that dozens of bodies were cremated before being tested and the Chinese did not attribute the deaths to Covid. Another Chinese doctor is in hiding because she reported, "There are many, many patients who don't get treatment on time and diagnosis on time. There is no protection for both doctors and the patient and common people. And also, the government doesn't allow people to release such information. Hospital doctors are scared, but they cannot talk."

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/...uses-beijing-of-hiding-details-on-coronavirus

So saying that the United States accounts for 25% of the world's fatalities means you accept without question the numbers from Iran and China.

I don't.

The "increase" in infections is due to re-opening, is affecting younger people more than the older because they socialize more without distancing or masks. Also, increased testing = more diagnosed cases.

However, it is also undeniable that the hospitalizations - the reason for the lockdown - are NOT overwhelming the medical facilities, and ICU units in almost every area have more than enough beds available.

Further, the death rate among people 19 or under is so miniscule as to be a non-issue. The death rate for the young is much lower than for regular flu virus, as evidenced by the fact that as of this past Friday, 29 people 19 and under had died of the Chinese flu and more than 100 had died of the regular flu.

Finally, as to total number of deaths ... China is a lying fraud. About everything, including Covid deaths. In March, a number of Chinese doctors reported that dozens of bodies were cremated before being tested and the Chinese did not attribute the deaths to Covid. Another Chinese doctor is in hiding because she reported, "There are many, many patients who don't get treatment on time and diagnosis on time. There is no protection for both doctors and the patient and common people. And also, the government doesn't allow people to release such information. Hospital doctors are scared, but they cannot talk."

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/...uses-beijing-of-hiding-details-on-coronavirus

So saying that the United States accounts for 25% of the world's fatalities means you accept without question the numbers from Iran and China.

I don't.

As I said, I don't necessarily trust the numbers either. However you can't say we are leading the world in response to this by any rational measure.

And actually hospitals and ICUs are being overwhelmed in some areas right now. And that will only get worse as case numbers continue to rise. Yes, a lot of the increase is due to widespread testing but the percent positive is also rising in many places which is the best measure of whether it's spreading faster.

Trump could have helped slow it down a lot by encouraging mask wearing and discouraging people from gathering indoors and going about their lives as if everything is normal. Instead he's done the opposite. He's helped make wearing a mask or not wearing one a political statement instead of a common sense public health measure. It's spreading far less quickly in places where masks are being worn more consistently. I know some of you don't want to hear that but it's true.

Way to miss the point completely.

We all know how you, an ardent Trump supporter, feel about Fauci. The vast majority of the country trusts him way more than they trust Trump. So while he panders to you, a person who will vote for him come hell or high water, he is rapidly eroding faith and trust in his less devoted fans.

This is where you lose me. How does the country trust Fauci, the supposed chief 'medical expert' on Covid-19 in the United States, if we're in such bad shape with this virus? And Trump has done just about everything these 'medical experts' asked of him, including shutting down the economy.

They said close the economy. He did. They then said you don’t need masks (please keep them available for the medical professionals). Everybody said okay. They said stay at home for an indefinite period of time. Everybody did. Trump recommends hydroxychloroquine as a therapy (even if he was lucky, he was right). They go apeshit though. Doesn't work, too dangerous etc. (It's been an FDA approved drug for how long?) Doctors around the country are using the therapy with azithromycin & zinc on patients and it's working. Crickets from the medical experts. You'd think it would be a "hallelujah!" moment, but yeah, crickets for the most part. Where was Fauci then? It became so obvious that even CNN finally had to come out with an admission that hydroxychloroquine actually works. So where was Fauci that whole time? Trump shut down incoming travel from China in the beginning and he was accused of being a xenophobe. Then it was determined later he made the right decision. Eventually shuts down travel from Europe as well. A xenophobe. Turns out that was probably the correct decision as well.

What weren't correct decisions (actually downright criminal) was mandating that Covid-19 infected patients be transferred to vulnerable nursing home facilities in multiple states. Those states turned out to have the highest cases of deaths, by far. Whose fault was that?

Then, literally months later, they said we do need masks. Everybody said okay (minus a portion of the population). Then the 'medical experts' issued a statement that masks are not necessary to protest for social justice because of a police brutality incident. But people couldn't go see their loved ones be buried, or worship in a church or synagogue? And now after hundreds of thousands of people went against their initial safety guidelines, and the virus continues to spread as testing hits an all-time high (another thing that was incessantly being bitched about), Trump is to blame?

What the **** is going on here? Believe me, Trump has many warts as I know and we've discussed, but where this particular issue is going on here and everywhere is absolutely ridiculous. A disgrace. Many lives have been lost, and this is speculation, but you could say a good majority of them were due to politics, negligence on the part of state governors, and hatred of Trump.

Last edited:
It's spreading far less quickly in places where masks are being worn more consistently. I know some of you don't want to hear that but it's true.

Could you please provide the reliable source for this? And Trump could have encouraged mask wearing, but he didn't? When did he say masks didn't work? When the rest of the medical experts and media publications etc. said they didn't? Or when they said it was okay not to wear them in large public gatherings for social justice?

Could you please provide the reliable source for this? And Trump could have encouraged mask wearing, but he didn't? When did he say masks didn't work? When the rest of the medical experts and media publications etc. said they didn't? Or when they said it was okay not to wear them in large public gatherings for social justice?

I don't think there is any reliable data on this because there is no reliable way to track mask wearing. All I know is people I know live in Florida, Arizona and Texas and I am told there was not a mask in sight. Everyone gathering indoors in bars and restaurants like things were completely back to normal. Cases are surging out of control. Hospitals are filling up. Deaths are rising. Here in the Northeast where most people are wearing them things are under better control. It's going to spread regardless. The idea is to slow it down.

I don't recall anyone saying masks were not necessary for protests. They should have said large gatherings are a terrible idea and they didn't, for political reasons. But my recollection is protesters were strongly encouraged to wear masks and social distance, though not everybody obeyed.

Yes, I think Trump could have come out much more strongly in favor than he has of wearing masks, and sooner. I think it would help. I personally know many people who believe it's some sort of warped rebellion against Dems and respect for Trump to not wear one and he has done little to nothing to dispel that notion. That's lunacy.

I don't think there is any reliable data on this because there is no reliable way to track mask wearing. All I know is people I know live in Florida, Arizona and Texas and I am told there was not a mask in sight. Everyone gathering indoors in bars and restaurants like things were completely back to normal.

I have no idea where you are getting your information, but it is completely and utter bullshit. I actually live in Arizona and up until very recently, masks were MANDATORY for almost any activity. Citizens still wear masks all the time - probably on the order of 50% of the people I see in stores.

Further, Arizona shut down for months, and the re-opening is nowhere close to "back to normal." Most bars and restaurants are operating at 50% capacity, with spacing unlike before, and where all employees wear masks.

So your entire premise is bullshit.

I have no idea where you are getting your information, but it is completely and utter bullshit. I actually live in Arizona and up until very recently, masks were MANDATORY for almost any activity. Citizens still wear masks all the time - probably on the order of 50% of the people I see in stores.

Further, Arizona shut down for months, and the re-opening is nowhere close to "back to normal." Most bars and restaurants are operating at 50% capacity, with spacing unlike before, and where all employees wear masks.

So your entire premise is bullshit.

It's anecdotal from people I know who live there part of the year. So if it's inaccurate for where you live I don't know what to tell you. The governor forbade localities from mandating anything that went beyond state policy until June 22 so I don't know what you mean by they were mandatory everywhere.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...na-gov-doug-ducey-update-covid-19/3208320001/

I don't think there is any reliable data on this because there is no reliable way to track mask wearing. All I know is people I know live in Florida, Arizona and Texas and I am told there was not a mask in sight. Everyone gathering indoors in bars and restaurants like things were completely back to normal. Cases are surging out of control. Hospitals are filling up. Deaths are rising. Here in the Northeast where most people are wearing them things are under better control. It's going to spread regardless. The idea is to slow it down.

I don't recall anyone saying masks were not necessary for protests. They should have said large gatherings are a terrible idea and they didn't, for political reasons. But my recollection is protesters were strongly encouraged to wear masks and social distance, though not everybody obeyed.

Yes, I think Trump could have come out much more strongly in favor than he has of wearing masks, and sooner. I think it would help. I personally know many people who believe it's some sort of warped rebellion against Dems and respect for Trump to not wear one and he has done little to nothing to dispel that notion. That's lunacy.

There is the 2 hair dressers in Missouri that were positive for COVID and had 140 clients that were exposed. They wore masks and their clients did as well. None of the clients got infected.

https://www.livescience.com/hair-stylists-infected-covid19-face-masks.html

It is ignorant to totally discredit polls. They have been wrong like what 2x? For them to be wrong back to back would be extremely unlikely. The longer Trump or hardcore trump supporters cannot see that he is in trouble the less chance he has of winning. He is going to alienate everyone but his hardcore base. 20% of the country has 0% chance of winning the election.

As for Covid hospitals are filling up whether you choose to believe it or not. A hospital near me hardly had any cases before, but is almost at capacity now. With more testing you are naturally going to get more positives, but hospitalization is going up and average age is going down. Also know one knows the long term effects so just to blow everything off is ignorant.