• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sams Being drafted

Did Sams coming out ,, help him get drafted,, or did it hurt his draft status?

• Helped him get drafted

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Hurt his draft status

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Had no effect

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What time is the Steelers press conference announcing Rob Blanchflower tomorrow?

Sams already inks deal with Visa, not bad for a 7th rounder.

I chuckle at everyone calling him "Sams"

Let's at least get the name right and try to look intelligent folks. Heinz Ward and Chuck Nole might not approve.

With as much sucky steeler football as I sat though in the 80's, if they had found a ******* quarterback and wide receiver that ****** one another silly before the game, at halftime, and after the game, but could complete a ************* pass and score some points so I wouldn't need to pray that we could somehow hold the other ******* team to a field goal to win the game, I'd have been thrilled.

I personally don't care who you **** in your spare time, man, woman, transexual, whatever, means nothing to me. I care if you can play the game. This isn't a personality test, it's football. I have nothing against anyone who has any sort of consenting relationship with another human being. Doesn't matter in the least to me, I fully support anyone who wants to be with anyone else being with them, so long as said anyone else consents to it. I just don't get all the ******* outrage either way. The whole "It's a man's game" thing is stupid, because the day some woman can come out there and block or run better than the guys at her position, I want her on my team. **** the idiots who think having a **** makes a difference there too. Some of you here have bigger vaginas than any woman I've ever met. :)

Joe

Can Sam rush the passer? If not, why should I care about him?

Apparently not. According to you, he must also slot into a high round to prove there is no bigotry in the NFL.

Please, please STFU before you know what you're saying.

Yo, Idiot! Who the **** died and made you king? The whole premise to everything I have said is that his coming out hurt his draft stock... If he was a 4th, 5th or 6th rounder before he came out then got drafted 1 slot before MR Irrelevant, then ergo "his coming out hurt his draft stock." I never said this guy was the next pope, the next Joey Porter or the next best thing to sliced bread. If you can read and comprehend, what I said is that his coming out hurt his draft stock and that being an All American and SEC CO-DPOY he should have been drafted higher than next to last.

And you sir can kiss my @ssgry.

With as much sucky steeler football as I sat though in the 80's, if they had found a ******* quarterback and wide receiver that ****** one another silly before the game, at halftime, and after the game, but could complete a ************* pass and score some points so I wouldn't need to pray that we could somehow hold the other ******* team to a field goal to win the game, I'd have been thrilled.

I personally don't care who you **** in your spare time, man, woman, transexual, whatever, means nothing to me. I care if you can play the game. This isn't a personality test, it's football. I have nothing against anyone who has any sort of consenting relationship with another human being. Doesn't matter in the least to me, I fully support anyone who wants to be with anyone else being with them, so long as said anyone else consents to it. I just don't get all the ******* outrage either way. The whole "It's a man's game" thing is stupid, because the day some woman can come out there and block or run better than the guys at her position, I want her on my team. **** the idiots who think having a **** makes a difference there too. Some of you here have bigger vaginas than any woman I've ever met. :)

Joe
C'mon Joe, everybody knows there are two "S's" in transsexual.

I am waiting for the day when a woman makes it in the NFL, lord knows there are quite a few girls in POP Warner football.

There are players every year that fall from a 5th or later grade to not being drafted. I know people want to blame his coming out but the fact is that his metric was not just bad but absolutely ******* horrible. I don't care that he was a great SEC player. The FACT is that he is too small to play DE and too unathletic to play LB in any NFL defense. Why the hell would anybody draft that? And it has nothing to do with him dipping his wick in another guy's ***.

There are players every year that fall from a 5th or later grade to not being drafted. I know people want to blame his coming out but the fact is that his metric was not just bad but absolutely ******* horrible. I don't care that he was a great SEC player. The FACT is that he is too small to play DE and too unathletic to play LB in any NFL defense. Why the hell would anybody draft that? And it has nothing to do with him dipping his wick in another guy's ***.

Is Antonio Richardson questioning his sexuality? Goes undrafted and I don't know if I saw any mocks predicting that! It must be because he is gay too?

Is Antonio Richardson questioning his sexuality? Goes undrafted and I don't know if I saw any mocks predicting that! It must be because he is gay too?

Since he isn't gay he doesn't count. Only gay's count when they don't get draft where non- nfl people say they should be.

Yo, Idiot! Who the **** died and made you king? The whole premise to everything I have said is that his coming out hurt his draft stock... If he was a 4th, 5th or 6th rounder before he came out then got drafted 1 slot before MR Irrelevant, then ergo "his coming out hurt his draft stock." I never said this guy was the next pope, the next Joey Porter or the next best thing to sliced bread. If you can read and comprehend, what I said is that his coming out hurt his draft stock and that being an All American and SEC CO-DPOY he should have been drafted higher than next to last.

And you sir can kiss my @ssgry.

C'mon Joe, everybody knows there are two "S's" in transsexual.

I am waiting for the day when a woman makes it in the NFL, lord knows there are quite a few girls in POP Warner football.

Sorry, I was going to go with tranny, should have trusted my instincts. :)

Yo, Idiot! Who the **** died and made you king?

I'm not king. But I take offense to your stupid ******* name-calling and blind labeling. So I suggested that you stay out of topics you're not educated on.

The whole premise to everything I have said is that his coming out hurt his draft stock... If he was a 4th, 5th or 6th rounder before he came out then got drafted 1 slot before MR Irrelevant, then ergo "his coming out hurt his draft stock." I never said this guy was the next pope, the next Joey Porter or the next best thing to sliced bread. If you can read and comprehend, what I said is that his coming out hurt his draft stock and that being an All American and SEC CO-DPOY he should have been drafted higher than next to last.

If YOU can read and comprehend, you'll see that some scouts and pundits claimed he was barely draftable, if at all, even BEFORE he came out. To many, he was a late-round special teams prospect. Ultimately, he went in the last round. DISCRIMINATION!!

How do you come to this conclusion, anyway? Do you know how many factors are considered? Do you even know what "ergo" means? Could it have been his interviews? His workouts (which were awful)? His game film (which is universally considered to be poor)? Why do you assume the only reason could possibly be his homosexuality? What a ridiculous leap to make.

Jackson Jeffcoat, the Big 12 DPOY, didn't get drafted at all. He won the Ted Hendricks Award as best DE IN THE ENTIRE NATION (yeah, he beat out Sam for that). He had more sacks and twice as many tackles as Sam. He had 2+ good seasons as opposed to Sam's one good season. Jeffcoat was rated almost universally as a THIRD-ROUND prospect. And he didn't get drafted at all. Go research the SEC's sack leaders. You'll see a host of guys who never amounted to anything in the pros.

You don't know what you're babbling about. I think Deadspin and First Take are a little close to your speed.

****'s going to get awkward when he sports wood in the showers. They should make him go last.

Can Sam rush the passer? If not, why should I care about him?
I'm thinking he's going to get pancaked by the first NFL-caliber offensive lineman he runs up against. I come down on the side that if he was really very good he would have been drafted before the last round, gay or not.

Michael Sam has the second best selling jersey for rookies so far. I guess a lot of people have $150 to blow lol

ESPN's daily Michael Sam Advocacy Headline: "Sam focused on football, making Rams' team"

The kind of news we CRAVE

ESPN's daily Michael Sam Advocacy Headline: "Sam focused on football, making Rams' team"

The kind of news we CRAVE
I say this without sarcasm or ill intent. Seriously. Where in the world does the media get the idea that mainstream America wants to hear/read this? Honestly? I don't know a single person that cares about Michael Sam or the plight of any homosexual. Maybe I (and people like me) just have too much to do to be craving information on this topic.

By contrast....listen to national sports radio. They give the NHL playoffs a 10 second mention and then talk about this crap for an hour. And I say that as a person that cares ZERO about hockey. It's absurd.

Just saw the clip of Sam getting the call. His buddies in the room are literally pointing to the camera and whispering during their reactions.

This is the most manufactured media bullshit story I've seen since pretty much ever. At least Tebow made a roster, something Sam won't do.

You really don't think the Rams are cutting him, do you?

Just saw the clip of Sam getting the call. His buddies in the room are literally pointing to the camera and whispering during their reactions.

This is the most manufactured media bullshit story I've seen since pretty much ever. At least Tebow made a roster, something Sam won't do.

If the Rams felt pressure to draft him just imagine the pressure to keep him. I watched a bit of First Take this morning because I wanted to see how bad the love fest was going to be. Idiots thought he should be taken in the 3rd or 4th round. They said him coming out dropped him to 7th. Of course the "proof" is that he played in the SEC and was DPOY. **** me. Jeffcoat never even came up. ESPN and the sports media in general are now about advocacy not sports.

It would be kind of tough for Jeff Fisher to go from calling it an "honor" to have him to cutting him after one camp. I don't think he's some great find either, but the sound bites coming out of St. Louis lead me to believe he will make the roster at least initially.

Why is the media not curious that in a room full of people with Sam, there were no black people? Meaning, it appears his family either didn't show up or was not invited to this.

Sam's father does not accept him, but that would mean the media would have to criticize a black person. It may also expose the dirty little secret that blacks are less accepting of gays than whites are. So, it's easier to just ignore that part of the Sam story.

this is today's media in a nutshell. They no longer report completely on subjects. They simply amplify the part that fits their agenda and ignore the rest of the story.

I mean if you had ALL the facts then you may come to your own conclusion and not the conclusion they want. They can't let that happen. They are just looking out for your best interest by slanting their coverage so that you reach the correct conclusion.

Why is the media not curious that in a room full of people with Sam, there were no black people? Meaning, it appears his family either didn't show up or was not invited to this.

Sam's father does not accept him, but that would mean the media would have to criticize a black person. It may also expose the dirty little secret that blacks are less accepting of gays than whites are. So, it's easier to just ignore that part of the Sam story.

this is today's media in a nutshell. They no longer report completely on subjects. They simply amplify the part that fits their agenda and ignore the rest of the story.

I mean if you had ALL the facts then you may come to your own conclusion and not the conclusion they want. They can't let that happen. They are just looking out for your best interest by slanting their coverage so that you reach the correct conclusion.

Yup pretty much. Just like they ignored Jeffcoat because he doesn't fit the narrative.

Antonio Richardson was a 2-3 prospect. Undrafted.

Marcus Roberson was a 2-4 prospect. Undrafted.

Justin Britt was a 5-7 prospect. Second round.

I say this without sarcasm or ill intent. Seriously. Where in the world does the media get the idea that mainstream America wants to hear/read this? Honestly? I don't know a single person that cares about Michael Sam or the plight of any homosexual. Maybe I (and people like me) just have too much to do to be craving information on this topic.

By contrast....listen to national sports radio. They give the NHL playoffs a 10 second mention and then talk about this crap for an hour. And I say that as a person that cares ZERO about hockey. It's absurd.
because sports is the opiate of the masses and the dealer knows his junkies.

I figure he went about where he mighta went....late round flyer on an SEC award guy.

so...why didn't Jeffcoat get drafted?

Last edited: