• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sandy Hook parents suing Bushmster

I'm not a gun person, but from what I understand, the only difference between this rifle and many hunting rifles is the way it looks. He could have done the exact same thing with any semi-automatic hunting rifle, correct? I don't see how this case can be taken seriously given that fact.

Not that I support this lawsuit, but I don't think they make semi-automatic hunting rifles. Shotguns, but not rifles. He could not have done it nearly as easily and quickly without an assault rifle.

Are they suing Call of Duty creators also?

Describe to me what an "assault rifle" is.

Not that I support this lawsuit, but I don't think they make semi-automatic hunting rifles. Shotguns, but not rifles. He could not have done it nearly as easily and quickly without an assault rifle.

I have a semi auto 22lr. No one would call it an assault rifle. Functions in the exact same manner as my AR. The AR just looks scarier.

Sue hammer makers and other makers of edged weapons next. A LOT more people die every year as a result. It's absurd. They can put up all of the laws they want and they will never stop a mentally ill person from doing what he wants. You can have more armed people around to shoot the sob when his cheese slides all the way off his cracker and save lives. I am in no way comfortable with our government being armed to the teeth while it's citizens have the equivalent of slingshots should their government turn oppressive. Any weapon used by a person to assault someone is an assault weapon....duh.. It's the PERSON who is committing the assault. He could very well just use his car to run through a playground at 80 mph. It's a human problem ,not a gun problem.

I have a semi auto 22lr. No one would call it an assault rifle. Functions in the exact same manner as my AR. The AR just looks scarier.

You mean if you hadn't lost them during hurricane Sandy, right?

any rifle can be used as a hunting rifle.

What's next? Mississippi teen's parents going to sue Kingsford for crime committed with their lighter fluid?

Sue hammer makers and other makers of edged weapons next. A LOT more people die every year as a result.

Huh? A lot more people die from hammer and knife attacks than guns? I don't think so...

You're incorrect.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...le_11_murder_circumstances_by_weapon_2013.xls

Crime_zps4fb0648c.jpg

No there are quite a few sporting rifles made with auto loading actions. Semi-automatic means select fire between single shot and three round burst or fully automatic fire. While all semi-auto weapons are auto-loaders not all auto-loaders are semi-automatic. Adam Lanza could have done what he did with a single action revolver just as easily. The problem is that he was in a "Gun Free Zone" and he had a large pool of unarmed innocent victims. The anti-gunners have always been disingenuous about the fact that a bad guy with a gun can only be stopped by a good guy with a gun. There is a reason that mass shootings don't happen at gun ranges, police stations and gun shows.

Adam Lanza could have done what he did with a single action revolver just as easily. The problem is that he was in a "Gun Free Zone".

It's not like guns were commonplace in schools before gun free zones.

Shot an AR while visiting son-in-law to be. Very easy to shoot. Scope + laser sighting made it difficult to MISS the target.

It's not like guns were commonplace in schools before gun free zones.

Back in our day, it was nothing to see a truck in the school parking lot, with guns on the rack in the back window during hunting season.

As HS Students, we would go hunting before and after school, while keeping those same weapons in a gun rack in the truck during school hours.

i wish i had a gun. though i learned my lesson on that bird-watching excursion in the everglades. lost every single one of them in the swamp.
#realworldproblems