• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

SB XLIX Game Thread - Pats* vs Seahags

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight. 4 TD passes against a great defense and 4 Rings in 13 years! CYA in September.

You can't connect this ring to the first 3. Nobody fears the Pats next year.

"Six rings. *No cheating."

We got that too.

Attachments

• 6_rings_no_cheating_shirts-r492ed125523543b99c4ac9c669d179c2_804gd_512.jpg
    6_rings_no_cheating_shirts-r492ed125523543b99c4ac9c669d179c2_804gd_512.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
I do have one more thing to add, if that was the Steelers at the 1-yard line and blew it like that with Bell in the backfield, it would certainly be traumatic. I still couldn't imagine re-living that day after day, year after year. That loss will hurt for a long, long time. Better them than us, I guess.

No, what they did is WAY worse then that.... Bell isn't even close to being the bruiser Lynch is...Did you see how many yards Lynch gained on 1st down?!?!?! I mean its more like if the Steelers did that with Bettis in his prime....Or the Cowboys pulling that crap with Emmitt in the back field.

The Hawks' board is exploding with calls to fire the OC. JFC, they sound like us.

Tell them to cheer up. They'll probably be able to pay WIlson, Lynch, Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor top dollar and not miss a beat.

This is it for the pats*** They will always be tainted and we will always have more than you.

The Hawks' board is exploding with calls to fire the OC. JFC, they sound like us.

I dont go near other teams boards but I can just imagine.....

I think if I was a Seahawks fan I would climb to the top of the space needle and say adios 12th man.......

Thank God that wasnt us losing like the that... God the oc won't be able to show his face for a good while cant think of a worse play call.. He had lynch.. Wilson.. Clock to run... Just a horrible call

The best call would have been a fake handoff to Lynch and Wilson could have strolled into the end zone.

Unfortunately the worst call was the one they made. A sneak by Wilson, a run by Lynch, a flea flicker, a reverse, the Statue of Liberty, a butt fumble, any of them would have been better calls than a pass into traffic.

Seattle was really lucky to even be in this game. Think about how they moved the ball. They got a bunch of big plays on jump balls. Not much sustained offense.

Pats may have given a blueprint to stop Wilson. He's like Ben. He's better under pressure. You don't rush him, you drop back and make him be patient and read the field.

The good news is we saw 2 very beatable teams. The NFL is wide open. WIth a good offseason, there is no reason why the Steelers can't be in the hunt for the SB next year.

Bellicheat is going to go home and celebrate by shaving his Mom's vaj.

set up by one of the luckiest catches in SB history so without that improbable "look at what I found" catch, they're not even close to scoring

No Steeler fan should ever ***** about a lucky catch, for obvious reasons. Lucky plays happen. Would have been sweet to see NE get victimized for the third time though.

On the bright side, all those Seattle fans have something else to whine about now. lol

10313503_879148132137569_969346422651720570_n.jpg

not with our defense. Add in the turnover, retirements, replacements, cap problems, learning Butler's D, I think we are far off from the SB. Just my opinion. The FO has a ton to do this off-season. SEA and NE are heads and shoulders above us.

No, what they did is WAY worse then that.... Bell isn't even close to being the bruiser Lynch is...Did you see how many yards Lynch gained on 1st down?!?!?! I mean its more like if the Steelers did that with Bettis in his prime....Or the Cowboys pulling that crap with Emmitt in the back field.

It's the worst possible of all the above. Wilson isn't Aikman or Ben and their WRs aren't Irvin or Brown. It's unbelievable how mind boggling dumb this call was by Carroll. He took the absolute worst part of his offense (Wilson throwing to a nobody) and saying we're going to win with them over the best part of the team (Lynch and the OL). It's absolutely incomprehensible IMHO. Dumbest call in NFL history and it isn't even close.

It just would've been so poetic ... with the crazy catch by Kearse and the parallels with Tyree and Manningham. How could they ruin my perfect ending? I'll forever hate the Seahawks for this.

Seattle was really lucky to even be in this game. Think about how they moved the ball. They got a bunch of big plays on jump balls. Not much sustained offense.

Pats may have given a blueprint to stop Wilson. He's like Ben. He's better under pressure. You don't rush him, you drop back and make him be patient and read the field.

The good news is we saw 2 very beatable teams. The NFL is wide open. WIth a good offseason, there is no reason why the Steelers can't be in the hunt for the SB next year.

Didn't the Ravens win a SB like that....I will agree both of these teams are very beatable. Go Steelers!!!!

Thank God that wasnt us losing like the that... God the oc won't be able to show his face for a good while cant think of a worse play call.. He had lynch.. Wilson.. Clock to run... Just a horrible call

Not to mention a rookie sniffed the play call out and made the play.

It just would've been so poetic ... with the crazy catch by Kearse and the parallels with Tyree and Manningham. How could they ruin my perfect ending? I'll forever hate the Seahawks for this.

it was RIGHT there! They had it! Three improbable catches to end NE's SB hopes was at the 6 inch line and they threw the ball! SOB! I'm still stunned SEA lost.

Last edited:

The Steelers are far away from both these teams. But we'll see next year because the Steelers play both of them.

Steeler fans who complain about Lebeau and his "cushion" should take note that Seattle mostly uses the same coverage scheme and Brady completed plenty of short throws. It's not cushion. It's the design of the defense. The CB is not supposed to cover those short throws.

The concept is tackle the catch, force the offense to beat you with long drives instead of a few big plays. Seattle has Sherman at CB and they don't have him up pressing WRs.

Steeler fans who complain about Lebeau and his "cushion" should take note that Seattle mostly uses the same coverage scheme and Brady completed plenty of short throws. It's not cushion. It's the design of the defense. The CB is not supposed to cover those short throws.

The concept is tackle the catch, force the offense to beat you with long drives instead of a few big plays. Seattle has Sherman at CB and they don't have him up pressing WRs.

Every team does that same defense. Even with Sherman and the best defense in the league they can't cover tight all the time. Wait until next year when Butler trots out the exact same "cushion". They won't ***** about it then because Butler is new... kind of...

just out of curiosity, if you had our O line from 2011 and Spindenhall as your only healthy back. Ben, Hines, Heath, and AB all at their prime in the same situation..... do you run or throw? I think I would let Ben try to hit Heath or Hines in the corner of the endzone or AB if was able to get decent separation.