• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Screw Tomlin ...

I've honestly never seen him look or sound like that in a post game press conference.

He seemed defeated.

Take that lucrative media seat at CBS, FOX, NFLN or ESPN. Please!!!!
He took some accountability today and says they have to approach things differently next week but they've done the same for 3+ seasons. I don't buy it.

If Tomlin was not handed a SB team ... assuming that SB never happened, who here would cheer for Tomlin? Answer please.
I have a better thought experiment: Imagine having a time machine and Tomlin going back to the mid 90s and building an incredible defense then taking Neil O'Donnel as his starting QB to a Super Bowl and ALMOST winning it......

Sorry if you were drinking something and just spit it out laughing so hard.

He took some accountability today and says they have to approach things differently next week but they've done the same for 3+ seasons. I don't buy it.
He said " We're playing losing football and I accept responsibility for it."

See, everything is right in the world.

I have a better thought experiment: Imagine having a time machine and Tomlin going back to the mid 90s and building an incredible defense then taking Neil O'Donnel as his starting QB to a Super Bowl and ALMOST winning it......

I already lived those years. Current issue is NOWHERE near equivalent. Get Tomlin into a SB where his coaching matters (it hasn't in any SB he has been in) then give me a call? Ok.

Greg Lloyd might have literally assaulted Tomlin on the sidelines.

I personally have a lot harder time imagining Tomlin even making the playoffs with Kordell, let alone making it to two AFC title games.

I've honestly never seen him look or sound like that in a post game press conference.

He seemed defeated.

Take that lucrative media seat at CBS, FOX, NFLN or ESPN. Please!!!!
I wonder if he would work out as an analyst or if it would turn into a Dennis Miller situation where he tries to out articulate everyone and throw out crap that just goes over the average fans head.

I wonder if he would work out as an analyst or if it would turn into a Dennis Miller situation where he tries to out articulate everyone and throw out crap that just goes over the average fans head.

Honestly, Tomlin may be a good announcer because nothing he says in that role matters. And he is a good speaker. Just a crap coach.

Once more I say Mitch has been a professional for two years taking a lot of guff from fans and media. Yet he went out did what he could and Tomlin bulls that lame **** action of taking him out with two minutes left. He sent Gunner packing and yet his boy Harris fumbles coasting a TD and he still puts him on the field. Maybe some of the comments of Tomlin are true because he showed it tonight. I cant understand how Mr., Rooney can watch this and still see Tomlin as his guy.

So Mitch can't catch any flack for his poor accuracy issues? How he let's his mechanics go to **** on routine plays and throws high missing a wide open Pickens for an INT? Give me a break. Mitch has been a professional, but he's also played very poorly. Constantly throwing off his back foot, and missing guys that are open. I'm sorry but Mitch takes his share of the blame with the rest of the team

Tomlin’s shirt of choice today was him reminding everyone that he’s not going anywhere so just enjoy the show.

Collapses in 4 of the past 6 seasons.

2021: 5-5-1 --> 9-7-1
2022: 2-6 --> 9-8

He lost this guy...and to me if you lose Adonis that means you've lost pretty much everyone. I don't understand how anyone can try to justify Tomlin continuing as Steelers HC.

Collapses in 4 of the past 6 seasons.

2021: 5-5-1 --> 9-7-1
2022: 2-6 --> 9-8

They somewhat collapsed at the end of his first season in 2007 as well.

It is definitely a negative pattern with him, among others.

I'm not sure if many of his teams just got tired of listening to him toward the end of the season or what.

Yep. I have pointed out that Cowher won playoff games with Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, and Kordell Stewart at QB, went to FOUR AFC Championship games and a SB with those guys, and was 5-1 in the playoffs with two AFC Championship games and 1 SB win with Ben Roethlisberger as his QB.

Tomlin has a losing playoff record with Ben Roethlisberger as QB for every game. Long past time to acknowledge who Tomlin is - the black Barry Switzer.

Yep. I have pointed out that Cowher won playoff games with Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, and Kordell Stewart at QB, went to FOUR AFC Championship games and a SB with those guys, and was 5-1 in the playoffs with two AFC Championship games and 1 SB win with Ben Roethlisberger as his QB.

Tomlin has a losing playoff record with Ben Roethlisberger as QB for every game. Long past time to acknowledge who Tomlin is - the black Barry Switzer.
Barry Switzer, George Seifert, and Mike Tomlin. The Riding the Coattails Trio.

Barry Switzer, George Seifert, and Mike Tomlin. The Riding the Coattails Trio.

Yeah, but remember how the Cowboys kept Switzer and the 49ers Seifert when their teams floundered and could not win in the playoffs? Just like the Steelers and Tomlin! I remember the Cowboys and Niners hanging on to those duds for YEARS after their shelf-life expired.

Wait ...

Switzer was a great college coach at Oklahoma but like Steifert and Tomlin definitely had the advantage of inheriting other coaches teams.
Tomlin in the sports media’s eyes is the great black hope.
I think the only black HC in the HOF is Tony Dungy so think the media long ago adopted Tomlin with his early success as their next great black HC.
He never received the criticism that Switzer or Seifert got for inheriting Jimmy Johnson”s and Bill Walsh’s teams. Why is that?
No, it was overlooked that Cowher had built those teams and all the praise was heaped upon the young black coach.
Tomlin supporters will say Cowher was 8-8 the year before Tomlin was hired but what they fail to mention is that after the SB season prior to the 2006 season Ben had a horrific motorcycle accident that almost cost him his life.
Then that same season he had an appendectomy and missed time.
Tomlin was gift wrapped a great team with a young franchise QB, two great coordinators and a great coaching staff.
The entire story needs to be told not just what the main stream sports media will have you believe.
The guys always been a fraud!

Switzer was a great college coach at Oklahoma but like Steifert and Tomlin definitely had the advantage of inheriting other coaches teams.
Tomlin in the sports media’s eyes is the great black hope.
I think the only black HC in the HOF is Tony Dungy so think the media long ago adopted Tomlin with his early success as their next great black HC.
He never received the criticism that Switzer or Seifert got for inheriting Jimmy Johnson”s and Bill Walsh’s teams. Why is that?
No, it was overlooked that Cowher had built those teams and all the praise was heaped upon the young black coach.
Tomlin supporters will say Cowher was 8-8 the year before Tomlin was hired but what they fail to mention is that after the SB season prior to the 2006 season Ben had a horrific motorcycle accident that almost cost him his life.
Then that same season he had an appendectomy and missed time.
Tomlin was gift wrapped a great team with a young franchise QB, two great coordinators and a great coaching staff.
The entire story needs to be told not just what the main stream sports media will have you believe.
The guys always been a fraud!
Cowher’s wife also battled cancer that year.