• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Screw Tomlin ...

Just not liking to see this displayed by a HC on the sidelines of prime time game.
Seems like constantly shoving it down our throats and we get it. We really do get it.
Most on here I think would just like to keep it strictly football and nothing else.
No politics, no equity, just football.
Wear your Pittsburgh Steeler attire and not try and make statements.
I get it. Just get him gone and that is a lesser sub plot of the problem done.

I get it. Just get him gone and that is a lesser sub plot of the problem done.
I can see three possible landing spots IF Tomlin were traded which is a huge IF.
Washington who it looks like will fire their HC.Big splash move for the new owner to bring Tomlin in and it’s coming back home for him.
Next would be the LA Chargers who will be needing a new HC and would be attractive to Tomlin with a young franchise QB in Herbert.
Now be ready for this one…. The Dallas Cowboys.
I have a feeling if they don’t go deep in the playoffs, Uncle Jerry will boot McCarthy. What a landing spot this would be for Tomlin.
I’m sure all for not since he most likely doesn’t get traded but it’s food for thought Sask.

I agree. Let's just keep the eye on the ball of those facts. Not the politics he has on his shirt.
I’m thinking that Darth Hoodie up in New England isn’t wearing a shirt with slogans on it.

No one here gives a rats *** what race the next Steeler HC happens to be as long as he’s the right man for the job.
A leader of men, knows how to provide discipline to EVERYONE not just some, is innovative and in tune with TODAYS NFL not YESTERYEARS. Hires the best coordinators and position coaches and not his longtime friends.
Yeah, no one here cares what race he is just as long as he’s the right guy for this job.
No one ever cared that Tomlin was a minority hire as long as he was the right guy for this job.
In fairness, most coaches hire guys they know. The problem is that most of the guys Tomlin knows aren't very good coaches.

I’m thinking that Darth Hoodie up in New England isn’t wearing a shirt with slogans on it.
No but I don't care about Darth Hoodie. In fact I hope they keep him and wolf-boy Steve. I want Tomlin gone and I do not want management backed into any corners about anything that isn't to do with performance and the way this team looks and plays

I can see three possible landing spots IF Tomlin were traded which is a huge IF.
Washington who it looks like will fire their HC.Big splash move for the new owner to bring Tomlin in and it’s coming back home for him.
Next would be the LA Chargers who will be needing a new HC and would be attractive to Tomlin with a young franchise QB in Herbert.
I have a feeling if they don’t go deep in the playoffs, Uncle Jerry will boot McCarthy. What a landing spot this would be for Tomlin.
I’m sure all for not since he most likely doesn’t get traded but it’s food for thought Sask.
I would take a sixth and a Gato barrel. Fact is I truly believe there would be a strong market, but I just don't think it's going down that way. I'm going 55% he gets a one year extension 45% they both agree time is up here and of that 45% I'd say less than 5% in will end in a trade.

What is not equal or opportunity about more then half the league being minorities and multi millionaires?

Life is what you make of it. You want equality then do away with social justice r programs and let people me hired on skill and accomplishments

3 games left.
Wouldn't surprise me ONE bit if the Steelers start getting some calls go their way

To the tune of 9-8.

Problem solved.

(I AM conspiracy Wig, you know...)

so I watched all three games yesterday, If this is an NFL thing why don't I recall any other coach wear anything like it. just more Tomlin bull ****. he is finally feeling it from the fans and media, my money is he will fall on the raciest sword before he goes away. Probably was wearing that **** to set the stage for it.
Look at the shirts. They have the Nike logo so that means NFL endorsed. The words on the shirts match what the league has mandated be put on the fields in the white out-of-bounds lines and what is on the back of most NFL helmets. Now, I don't know if there is a mandate they have to wear them but it sure seems as if there is.

Add in that Glazier, a personal friend of Coach Tomlin’s, singled out Washington as the spot.

Salute the nation

Some said Tomlin never played in the NFL. They didn't want to play for someone like that. I only want wins. Can the coach teach and have the team execute with excellence to win? I don't care . I would take a fifty something asian woman with nerdy quirky looks and style as HC. If she wins games color, style, nerdyness, doesn't matter.

Honestly with this coaching staff, I have no idea what the Steelers have as far at talent goes. Kenny may not be the guy, but how the hell can we actually know?
Recently players have left and been successful elsewhere, how does that happen?
I know you asked the question rhetorically, but I'm gonna actually answer it anyways: It "happens" because they've allowed themselves to coach/manage on the basis of what makes them most comfortable. That's it in a nutshell. Is it easier to not point out to a coach that he needs to be better, coach better, coach more thoroughly, coach details, constantly harp on how to improve? Is that the easiest, most comfortable way to go about your day? Well, to coaches like Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Cowher and Chuck Noll, the answer is "Yes, that comes most-easy because that is the job that needs done, hence they are going to do it." But to coaches like Dumblin, it's too uncomfortable. He'd rather cheerlead and tell everyone they're doing great. THAT is what is most comfortable to him. Thus, under-performance becomes the norm. That is why when players leave, they are now doing better than they were as a Steeler. The signs are there.

And, it starts at the top. The Rooneys have gone on record, saying the grief of changing coaches is too high, that it requires moving not just the coach, but moving their entire families in as well. That's just too much commotion for Deuce. It's far easier to just accept the job they are doing than to replace them. It's far easier to close his office door and go back to counting his billions of $s. We are the Pgh Steelers. No "knee jerk" reactions here, or reactions period, until the fans get really p----d. Until then, it's business as usual.

Last edited:
3 games left.
Wouldn't surprise me ONE bit if the Steelers start getting some calls go their way

To the tune of 9-8.

Problem solved.

(I AM conspiracy Wig, you know...)
Improves HCMT's trade value. Throw gasoline on that fire!

And watch Rudi light it up over the next 3 games. Extend him. Trade him.

And watch Rudi light it up over the next 3 games ...

I see what you did there!

0866f24f70d1ec5dec5efaad923037bbd8d76128.gifv

I agree. Let's just keep the eye on the ball of those facts. Not the politics he has on his shirt.
They put it front and center on the apparel and in the end zones, and then we are told we can't talk about, question, or debate the merits of it (progressive buzzwords and talking points) because that's racist.

They have made it (corporate pandering to special interest groups) part and parcel of the game. It's the game within the game. Probably more important to this franchise in particular than the outcomes of the games.

They put it front and center on the apparel and in the end zones, and then we are told we can't talk about, question, or debate the merits of it (progressive buzzwords and talking points) because that's racist.

They have made it (corporate pandering to special interest groups) part and parcel of the game. It's the game within the game. Probably more important to this franchise in particular than the outcomes of the games.
I'm saying in this particular instance let's make this about Mike Tomlin the coach. Not his political views on race. As far as the NFL initiative complain away.

Switzer was a great college coach at Oklahoma but like Steifert and Tomlin definitely had the advantage of inheriting other coaches teams.
Tomlin in the sports media’s eyes is the great black hope.
I think the only black HC in the HOF is Tony Dungy so think the media long ago adopted Tomlin with his early success as their next great black HC.
He never received the criticism that Switzer or Seifert got for inheriting Jimmy Johnson”s and Bill Walsh’s teams. Why is that?
No, it was overlooked that Cowher had built those teams and all the praise was heaped upon the young black coach.
Tomlin supporters will say Cowher was 8-8 the year before Tomlin was hired but what they fail to mention is that after the SB season prior to the 2006 season Ben had a horrific motorcycle accident that almost cost him his life.
Then that same season he had an appendectomy and missed time.
Tomlin was gift wrapped a great team with a young franchise QB, two great coordinators and a great coaching staff.
The entire story needs to be told not just what the main stream sports media will have you believe.
The guys always been a fraud!
This is gospel...and many won't accept it because the sports media has an agenda. And they pump out the undeserved praise for Mikey non stop.

The reason I don't watch the NFL anymore (Steelers sometimes an exception), well, there a lot of reasons, but the biggest is the 'woke' bullshit that seemed to emerge in 2014 (into 15) with the Rams doing the 'don't shoot' bullshit as they came out of the tunnel. The whole 'woke' bullshit has mushroomed into a gigantic turd since and, and, and... Of course, we're not allowed to comment, so it runs amuck. I'm struck by the irony of a league that is 75+% 'of color' is fueled by the hard earned money of an audience that is 75+% white. Where I once reveled in Steeler jerseys, helmets, McFarlanes and regalia of all sorts, I wouldn't give that giant steaming padonk a plug nickle at this point.

With that as a backdrop, we see this today in place of a head coach that should be focused on seizing another step toward the playoffs...

Steelers-Coach-Mike-Tomlin-Justice-Opportunity-Equity-Freedom-Sweatshirt-1.jpg

Another rich irony. This poser occupies a storied sideline precisely because this Republic gave us a Constitution that guarantees justice to every citizen, enshrines Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness, makes possible opportunity at every turn to those apt enough to pursue it, freed the slaves at astronomical expense, and has protected the equity of those motivated to pursue it.

That shirt is every bit as disgusting as the kneeling and rest of the surround that spits on the graves of every American that bled and died to defend it. If this Republic doesn't give you what you imagine you're 'owed', show us all your balls and find one that does.
He's a bad coach...the shirt is irrelevant. I get it: some have a political agenda...cough...cough...behind seeing Tomlin gone. I don't care what he wears, who he votes for, or if he's woke..what is woke anyway? I just care about the ****** product he puts on the field. And him being gone as soon as possible.

He's a bad coach...the shirt is irrelevant. I get it: some have a political agenda...cough...cough...behind seeing Tomlin gone. I don't care what he wears, who he votes for, or if he's woke..what is woke anyway? I just care about the ****** product he puts on the field. And him being gone as soon as possible.
Why's the shirt even a big deal? Players wore it during warmups and I believe other coaches had it on during the game as well. Coaches wear the NFL camo gear as well one week out of the year.

Why's the shirt even a big deal? Players wore it during warmups and I believe other coaches had it on during the game as well. Coaches wear the NFL camo gear as well one week out of the year.
Ok. Like I said I just want him gone. He could be Ronald Reagan wrapped in a flag coaching the Steelers and my mindset would still be 'Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord........" If he was doing the job Tomlin is. Enough said.

Now, I don't know if there is a mandate they have to wear them but it sure seems as if there is.
Naw, if there were a mandate more that a handful of coaches would have worn them. It was a personal choice and Tomlin owns that, if he were winning football games no one would be giving a ratsass what he wears.

Look, for those who haven’t figured it out, that Tomlin wearing that particular shirt was probably for trolling the “racist” fans…

See he and his entourage still think that the outcry against him is racially motivated… and don’t get me wrong… some racist nitwits are still blathering crap that distracts from the real issues… but the vast majority of critics take a look at the last decade and see unacceptable results…

So its the typical incorrect diagnosis of the problem… Race means jack **** when you are returning mediocre and subpar results for a long period of time… If Tomlin was making legitimate pushes towards a championship every several years, that is a different story… but really he had that early success with a DC he had forced on him, a small resurgence with an OC forced on him, and a ton of ultra underachieving seasons around that…

The fire/trade Tomlin movement simply isn’t race driven anymore… it’s something that he, as an individual, earned with a large body of inferior work…