• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Screw Tomlin ...

At the end where he called a TO to stop the kneel down runoff was a dick move. If I would have been the Colts HC I would have gone 5 wide and scored on his *** AGAIN.
Then they get the ball back, and run the ball up the middle twice anyway. Just sad.

"We are not going to continue to do the same things and hope for a different result". -Mike Tomlin
Are you ****** kidding me. That is exactly what you've done all season. You've rolled out Harris as the starter for 14 weeks of which he started the game well maybe 3 times. Like what planet is this man on?

"We are not going to continue to do the same things and hope for a different result". -Mike Tomlin
Are you ****** kidding me. That is exactly what you've done all season. You've rolled out Harris as the starter for 14 weeks of which he started the game well maybe 3 times. Like what planet is this man on?

That's a laugher. They do the same things every year with minimal change. Honestly this team has looked pretty much the same on offense and defense for 4 years.

The defense by mid season starts getting blocked up pretty solid when teams get enough film and the offense never changes ****.

The only thing that looks good is the 2 min drill when they're going on tempo. They've worked those plays and drills enough that it looks somewhat fluid.

Now that's not even working.

This team hasn't had its **** together and looked polished in a really long time.

And am never disappointed. But hey, at least they are paying attention to that equity thing.
If I DID ever care about the phony equity movement, seeing that FRAUD Tomdumb wear that shirt would have set that movement back 50 years, not even kidding. NOTHING Tomdumb has ever said, broadcasted or stood for has EVER been legit, he is a phony fraud, through and through. A total flimflam. He stands for nothing, in any real way. That's why this team is utterly rudderless - zero legit leadership. Here we have 2nd-year player, not even a rookie in Pickens, and his act on the field, after much focus and media attention, and he gives the fans a big FU with not even bothering to block, not even close to bothering. What HC worth spit would have this problem?

But hey, at least they are paying attention to that equity thing.
The reason I don't watch the NFL anymore (Steelers sometimes an exception), well, there a lot of reasons, but the biggest is the 'woke' bullshit that seemed to emerge in 2014 (into 15) with the Rams doing the 'don't shoot' bullshit as they came out of the tunnel. The whole 'woke' bullshit has mushroomed into a gigantic turd since and, and, and... Of course, we're not allowed to comment, so it runs amuck. I'm struck by the irony of a league that is 75+% 'of color' is fueled by the hard earned money of an audience that is 75+% white. Where I once reveled in Steeler jerseys, helmets, McFarlanes and regalia of all sorts, I wouldn't give that giant steaming padonk a plug nickle at this point.

With that as a backdrop, we see this today in place of a head coach that should be focused on seizing another step toward the playoffs...

Steelers-Coach-Mike-Tomlin-Justice-Opportunity-Equity-Freedom-Sweatshirt-1.jpg

Another rich irony. This poser occupies a storied sideline precisely because this Republic gave us a Constitution that guarantees justice to every citizen, enshrines Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness, makes possible opportunity at every turn to those apt enough to pursue it, freed the slaves at astronomical expense, and has protected the equity of those motivated to pursue it.

That shirt is every bit as disgusting as the kneeling and rest of the surround that spits on the graves of every American that bled and died to defend it. If this Republic doesn't give you what you imagine you're 'owed', show us all your balls and find one that does.

The reason I don't watch the NFL anymore (Steelers sometimes an exception), well, there a lot of reasons, but the biggest is the 'woke' bullshit that seemed to emerge in 2014 (into 15) with the Rams doing the 'don't shoot' bullshit as they came out of the tunnel. The whole 'woke' bullshit has mushroomed into a gigantic turd since and, and, and... Of course, we're not allowed to comment, so it runs amuck. I'm struck by the irony of a league that is 75+% 'of color' is fueled by the hard earned money of an audience that is 75+% white. Where I once reveled in Steeler jerseys, helmets, McFarlanes and regalia of all sorts, I wouldn't give that giant steaming padonk a plug nickle at this point.

With that as a backdrop, we see this today in place of a head coach that should be focused on seizing another step toward the playoffs...

Another rich irony. This poser occupies a storied sideline precisely because this Republic gave us a Constitution that guarantees justice to every citizen, enshrines Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness, makes possible opportunity at every turn to those apt enough to pursue it, freed the slaves at astronomical expense, and has protected the equity of those motivated to pursue it.

That shirt is every bit as disgusting as the kneeling and rest of the surround that spits on the graves of every American that bled and died to defend it. If this Republic doesn't give you what you imagine you're 'owed', show us all your balls and find one that does.
Not to mention that shirt was probably made in China or Vietnam by some worker subsisting in quasi or real slavery subsistence level with no future hope of 1/millionth of the freedom or "equiity" enjoyed by HCMT.

same with the punter,, and all of our failed 1st rd picks.

Maybe he's running for a political position.

Mitch trying to call a timeout to give us a chance to get something ... coaches waiving it off to go live in the locker room. To be fair, I never saw the waive-off. But Mitch was calling timeout with time left so the only thing I can assume is the coaching staff called it off. Zone when we should be man. Wallace surviving another TD thanks to a drop. Coaches just wanting to run in the locker room. Fack Tomlin.

I challenge anyone to post a legitimate GOOD reason Tomlin should be a head coach. This is subjective, but if you can post something here CONVINCING me he should be a head coach in the NFL I will send you a free membership to this site. Get to it. CONVINCE me. Sounds sad, but I want to be convinced Tomlin isn't the issue. I have already stopped watching most other football (I feel like I can pick the NFLs gambling decisions in each game and I hate that is what it has come to).
Never had a losing season.

Basically he’s created a bunch of problems that he has no idea how to fix. Me and you know how to fix, but Shades is unable to get outside of his box and do things differently.

Basically he’s created a bunch of problems that he has no idea how to fix. Me and you know how to fix, but Shades is unable to get outside of his box and do things differently.

The notion that he is just going to suddenly change after 17 years isn't reasonable at all.

Unfortunately, he's probably going to be back for the final year of his contract if for no other reason than Art2 not wanting to pay Tomlin the millions he still owes him while sitting at home or coaching another team .

The notion that he is just going to suddenly change after 17 years isn't reasonable at all.

Unfortunately, he's probably going to be back for the final year of his contract if for no other reason than Art2 not wanting to pay Tomlin the millions he still owes him while sitting at home or coaching another team .
Only if doesn’t work for another team. Trade him and the other team assumes his salary. Fire him and it’s likely (we keep hearing) that another team will hire him within ten minutes. If he elects to sit at home or get a TV job then Deuce still has to pay him.

This is an NFL thing. Most of our coaches were wearing this on the front or back of their shirts. Plus, it has the woke Nike logo on it. The words match what they have to paint on the field every week as well. Woke nonsense.

Only if doesn’t work for another team. Trade him and the other team assumes his salary. Fire him and it’s likely (we keep hearing) that another team will hire him within ten minutes. If he elects to sit at home or get a TV job then Deuce still has to pay him.

I was under the impression a fired coach is still owed the money, regardless of what he does the next season.

I might be completely off on that, though each contract might be different in that regard.

Could we have a coaching group that has less control of a gameplan than Tomlin and his coordinators? Needs 100% nuked. From space. It is the only way to be sure.

Fire Tomlin, then re-hire him as DC, then fire him immediately after that, then hire him as assistant DC, then fire him immediately after THAT!

89771452a162c44d70f4da8d67313ed83318dbc4.gif

Outside of the political schtick, there is some irony in Tomlin wearing a shirt bearing the terms justice, opportunity freedom and equity (aequitas). The only one he is missing is truth (veritas). Truth, fairness and equality certainly dictate we should be set free and he should no longer be coach of this team.

Outside of the political schtick, there is some irony in Tomlin wearing a shirt bearing the terms justice, opportunity freedom and equity (aequitas). The only one he is missing is truth (veritas). Truth, fairness and equality certainly dictate we should be set free and he should no longer be coach of this team.

The Art Rooney II coach evaluator:

89ni4k.jpg

You mean the past four seasons.

This is my personal truth about Mike Tomlin. I think it's fair and accurate. He took over a team that was pretty much loaded with experienced assistant coaches and mature battle hardened talent. Now it's easy to have an overly positive view of Cowher but let's remember they could not beat Pats and it was circumstances that led to his only championship. Brady out vs. Broncos. Qb in Cinci injured. But not taking anything away there.
Tomlin breathed some life in organization but allowed experienced quality coaches to do there job. They won a title and matched Cowher with another AFC championship.
Since......he cannot get quality assistants and coordinators. He does not have the chops on defense to take a lot of talent to next level. They are perpetually stuck in the low middle accept for a few years with killer B's where they fell short. No one in any other organization is getting this kind of mandate with these results. He should have been gone three four years ago but undoubtedly when Ben was done.
Someone else should have rebuilt team not retooled it to try and get the last wild card seed.
Now that is not to say the first guy is taking them back to glory. High probability there is growing pains and likely more than one HC. But that is going to occur anyhow regardless because I see a slightly better than zero chance Mike Tomlin stands on SB podium with this team and only reason I say slightly better than zero is because he is active coach of NFL team.
The team desperately needs new culture and an offensive play calling innovative HC.
If the organization doesn't see this it's hopeless. Cause basically every word of this is observable FACT.

This is an NFL thing. Most of our coaches were wearing this on the front or back of their shirts. Plus, it has the woke Nike logo on it. The words match what they have to paint on the field every week as well. Woke nonsense.
so I watched all three games yesterday, If this is an NFL thing why don't I recall any other coach wear anything like it. just more Tomlin bull ****. he is finally feeling it from the fans and media, my money is he will fall on the raciest sword before he goes away. Probably was wearing that **** to set the stage for it.

so I watched all three games yesterday, If this is an NFL thing why don't I recall any other coach wear anything like it. just more Tomlin bull ****. he is finally feeling it from the fans and media, my money is he will fall on the raciest sword before he goes away. Probably was wearing that **** to set the stage for it.
Someone in the Cincy game was wearing one, can't recall who, and didn't watch the late game after the disaster I just witnessed.

This is my personal truth about Mike Tomlin. I think it's fair and accurate. He took over a team that was pretty much loaded with experienced assistant coaches and mature battle hardened talent. Now it's easy to have an overly positive view of Cowher but let's remember they could not beat Pats and it was circumstances that led to his only championship. Brady out vs. Broncos. Qb in Cinci injured. But not taking anything away there.
Tomlin breathed some life in organization but allowed experienced quality coaches to do there job. They won a title and matched Cowher with another AFC championship.
Since......he cannot get quality assistants and coordinators. He does not have the chops on defense to take a lot of talent to next level. They are perpetually stuck in the low middle accept for a few years with killer B's where they fell short. No one in any other organization is getting this kind of mandate with these results. He should have been gone three four years ago but undoubtedly when Ben was done.
Someone else should have rebuilt team not retooled it to try and get the last wild card seed.
Now that is not to say the first guy is taking them back to glory. High probability there is growing pains and likely more than one HC. But that is going to occur anyhow regardless because I see a slightly better than zero chance Mike Tomlin stands on SB podium with this team and only reason I say slightly better than zero is because he is active coach of NFL team.
The team desperately needs new culture and an offensive play calling innovative HC.
If the organization doesn't see this it's hopeless. Cause basically every word of this is observable FACT.
Sorry to disagree but Tomlin didn't breath new life into to anything, Cowher was not focused his last year because his wife was dying. I would be willing to bet my house that if Cowher would have coached another four or five years we would have at least two more SB trophy's. Tomlin might have matched Cowher with the AFCCG but Cowher went to another FOUR AFCCG's with no franchise QB.

Lets be honest about something else we were not the only team that couldn't beat the pats. Belicheat and Brady went to NINE SB's and won six.

Tomlin has done nothing but **** this team up. If he had not inherited the team Cowher left him he would have never sniffed the playoff let alone the SB.

I use to be one of the fans that would try and give Tomlin the benefit of the doubt. but I honestly don't know how anyone can look back over his body of work and not see that he was in over his head from day one and survived only because of winning with the team Cowher built, and the whole Rooney's don't fire head coaches bull ****. Add in the Rooney rule and that dude would have had to kill someone to get fired and maybe not even then, Art ll probably would have let him coach from prison.

sorry steelsask not picking at you and you had a lot of good points in your post. I am just so ******* pissed that Tomlin still has a job with this team. I am seriously about done with this ******* team until he is gone, and I have bled Black and Gold for well over 50 years.

Someone in the Cincy game was wearing one, can't recall who, and didn't watch the late game after the disaster I just witnessed.
I'm just so ******* pissed right now he could be wearing a ******* three piece suit and it would annoy the **** out of me. I don't know if I can continue watching with him on the sideline no matter what he is wearing. He and the Deuce have destroyed this team. **** both of them.....

yes I will be watching this **** show next Saturday because I love being in pain