• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Screw Tomlin ...

I have learned to laugh at the clown.

It seems inappropriate for a head coach to openly display religious and political beliefs. I like it better when I just see football. If a person wants politics or religion there is a place for that. This is a football field.

It seems inappropriate for a head coach to openly display religious and political beliefs. I like it better when I just see football. If a person wants politics or religion there is a place for that. This is a football field.

89nsm6.jpg

I'm just so ******* pissed right now he could be wearing a ******* three piece suit and it would annoy the **** out of me. I don't know if I can continue watching with him on the sideline no matter what he is wearing. He and the Deuce have destroyed this team. **** both of them.....

yes I will be watching this **** show next Saturday because I love being in pain
I'm not longer pissed at this point. I think I passed that a couple years ago. Just apathetic at this point. Maybe I've hit the acceptance stage of grief. ;)

Sorry to disagree but Tomlin didn't breath new life into to anything, Cowher was not focused his last year because his wife was dying. I would be willing to bet my house that if Cowher would have coached another four or five years we would have at least two more SB trophy's. Tomlin might have matched Cowher with the AFCCG but Cowher went to another FOUR AFCCG's with no franchise QB.

Lets be honest about something else we were not the only team that couldn't beat the pats. Belicheat and Brady went to NINE SB's and won six.

Tomlin has done nothing but **** this team up. If he had not inherited the team Cowher left him he would have never sniffed the playoff let alone the SB.

I use to be one of the fans that would try and give Tomlin the benefit of the doubt. but I honestly don't know how anyone can look back over his body of work and not see that he was in over his head from day one and survived only because of winning with the team Cowher built, and the whole Rooney's don't fire head coaches bull ****. Add in the Rooney rule and that dude would have had to kill someone to get fired and maybe not even then, Art ll probably would have let him coach from prison.

sorry steelsask not picking at you and you had a lot of good points in your post. I am just so ******* pissed that Tomlin still has a job with this team. I am seriously about done with this ******* team until he is gone, and I have bled Black and Gold for well over 50 years.
Kaye Cowher absolutely was not ill or dieing when Bill quit that is false. Bill Cowher is my favorite all time football coach but he had plenty of warts and chokes and a little less people wanted him gone same as Tomlin now before beating Seattle in SB. That us revisionist history. I'd have renewed Tomlin till about 6 or 7 years ago. Most anyone in football would have.

Kaye Cowher absolutely was not ill or dieing when Bill quit that is false.

You are correct.

Bill Cowher is my favorite all time football coach but he had plenty of warts and chokes and a little less people wanted him gone same as Tomlin now before beating Seattle in SB. That us revisionist history.

Bill Cowher was lambasted for not winning a SB with Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart. Mike Tomlin is being crushed for not winning more with a HOF QB. That is a big difference.

The fiction that Cowher played "turtle ball" against San Diego in the AFC Championship game? Pure bunk. 26 rushing attempts vs. 54 passes. 80 offensive plays for the Steelers vs. 46 for the Chargers. 415 yards for the Steelers vs. 226 for the Chargers. 8 penalties for 111 yards killed the Steelers that day and the fact the Chargers supposedly committed just 3 penalties, no holding, when facing Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd.

Sure. You bet.

I'd have renewed Tomlin till about 6 or 7 years ago. Most anyone in football would have.

OK, sure. Getting routed by NE in the AFC Championship game despite having a HOF QB? Yeah, that is so much worse than dominating a San Diego team and losing because the team failed to convert multiple scoring opportunities and lost by 4 points with a goal-to-go chance at the end of the game. You bet. Go Mikey.

I think my post stands on its own. Tomlin needs to go. Culture needs renewal. If I'm picking a coach it's Cowher everyday and twice on Sundays. But cmon they did not win three titles with Bill.

Kaye Cowher absolutely was not ill or dieing when Bill quit that is false. Bill Cowher is my favorite all time football coach but he had plenty of warts and chokes and a little less people wanted him gone same as Tomlin now before beating Seattle in SB. That us revisionist history. I'd have renewed Tomlin till about 6 or 7 years ago. Most anyone in football would have.
I stand corrected on this.

I think my post stands on its own. Tomlin needs to go. Culture needs renewal. If I'm picking a coach it's Cowher everyday and twice on Sundays. But cmon they did not win three titles with Bill.

No, they did not. But with Ben Roethlisberger for just 3 seasons, Bill Cowher went 34-14 regular season, won 5 playoff games, went to 2 AFC Championship games, a SB and won the SB.

With Ben Roethlisber for 15 seasons, Mike Tomlin won 8 playoff games. Cowher was so vastly better than Tomlin that any comparison is laughable. This season is basically what Cowher had under O'Donnell, Tomczak, Stewart - some very good offensive players, lots of talent on defense, but mediocre to poor QB play. Cowher would have won a lot of games with this roster and Pickett at QB.

No, they did not. But with Ben Roethlisberger for just 3 seasons, Bill Cowher went 34-14 regular season, won 5 playoff games, went to 2 AFC Championship games, a SB and won the SB.

With Ben Roethlisber for 15 seasons, Mike Tomlin won 8 playoff games. Cowher was so vastly better than Tomlin that any comparison is laughable. This season is basically what Cowher had under O'Donnell, Tomczak, Stewart - some very good offensive players, lots of talent on defense, but mediocre to poor QB play. Cowher would have won a lot of games with this roster and Pickett at QB.
This can't be a Tomlin vs. Cowher comparison. Way too far removed and completely irrelevant. It's Tomlin vs. the expectations for this team and 4 out of 17 seasons with a playoff win isn't cutting it. IMO, here are the options to move this team forward.

1. Tomlin stays with 1-year extension. This is a bad scenario because it'll be very difficult to bring in a good OC because of the potential instability. It really only provides one year to turn around the worst offense in the league.

2. Tomlin stays with a 3-year extension. If you want Tomlin gone, this is a terrible scenario, but it would be the stabilizing force to hire a top offensive mind. Open the checkbook and bring in a proven offensive staff to work with a young, up-and-comer as OC. They need a proven QB and OL coach and take a chance with one of the offensive coaching trees having so much success.

3. Fire Tomlin. Now you get your pick of coaches. I'm leaning toward an offensive coach because if you do get a good OC who turns it around, they'll get hired very quickly. There are some good options with Ben Johnson being the top OC right now and I'd consider Jim Harbaugh as I think he's a coach who can have a quick turnaround for this team.

A new OC or a new HC also puts the QB situation in limbo.

Bring in a new OC/HC and sign Kirk Cousins and you are instant contenders for the division.
Keep Kenny Pickett as the starter and next year's team is a huge question mark, leaning toward another year of struggling on offense.
Draft a QB in the first. It's a huge question mark, but maybe you have a QB with more upside.

A new HC or new OC would probably be happy with a new QB.

Steelers are reportedly looking at bringing in the offensive coordinator from the 1966 Denver Broncos. Okay, the guy might be a bit old but he was the mastermind behind this amazing offensive showing in 1966 against the Houston Oilers:

26 total yards of offense, zero - ZERO - 1st downs. Tomlin, went told about this offensive ineptitude, responded, "Stop. I can only get so hard."

I think the dislike of Tomlin purity test is laughable. I have probably more than 5000 dump Tomlin posts. But Mike Tomlin is absolutely going to the HOF 100% guarenteed. The basic thing I hear amoung what I'd consider football savy football friends is Steelers fans are a bit entitled but yeah its Time for Tomlin to leave. Probably accurate.

I also think the chance of outright firing is lower than contract renewal. I'm predicting and hoping it will be we are not renewing contract let's part ways (much like Cowher) Save face and move on.

Maybe he's running for a political position.
Fine please do, phoniness is far more acceptable in politics, just stop his phoniness of acting like a real head coach of my Steelers. Seek life elsewhere.

The reason I don't watch the NFL anymore (Steelers sometimes an exception), well, there a lot of reasons, but the biggest is the 'woke' bullshit that seemed to emerge in 2014 (into 15) with the Rams doing the 'don't shoot' bullshit as they came out of the tunnel. The whole 'woke' bullshit has mushroomed into a gigantic turd since and, and, and... Of course, we're not allowed to comment, so it runs amuck. I'm struck by the irony of a league that is 75+% 'of color' is fueled by the hard earned money of an audience that is 75+% white. Where I once reveled in Steeler jerseys, helmets, McFarlanes and regalia of all sorts, I wouldn't give that giant steaming padonk a plug nickle at this point.

With that as a backdrop, we see this today in place of a head coach that should be focused on seizing another step toward the playoffs...

Steelers-Coach-Mike-Tomlin-Justice-Opportunity-Equity-Freedom-Sweatshirt-1.jpg

Another rich irony. This poser occupies a storied sideline precisely because this Republic gave us a Constitution that guarantees justice to every citizen, enshrines Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness, makes possible opportunity at every turn to those apt enough to pursue it, freed the slaves at astronomical expense, and has protected the equity of those motivated to pursue it.

That shirt is every bit as disgusting as the kneeling and rest of the surround that spits on the graves of every American that bled and died to defend it. If this Republic doesn't give you what you imagine you're 'owed', show us all your balls and find one that does.
These words on his shirt are a slap directly to the face of all Americans.
Tomlin, a black man has had tremendous opportunity to coach a storied franchise, freedom to interview wherever he chose, equity being that he’s treated as he should be with equal opportunities, justice has been given.
The black man who serves as Steelers HC has made millions of dollars over seventeen years.
The players in the NFL where 75% are black have become multi millionaires to play a game that has no real consequences on life and society.
Look, what happened in this country years ago to the black citizens is appalling and never,ever should have happened. We should not continue to keep paying for the sins of others years ago. These constant reminders do nothing for me but make me tune out.

Tomlin, a black man has had tremendous opportunity to coach a storied franchise, freedom to interview wherever he chose, equity being that he’s treated as he should be with equal opportunities, justice has been given.
The black man who serves as Steelers HC has made millions of dollars over seventeen years.
The players in the NFL where 75% are black have become multi millionaires to play a game that has no real consequences on life and society.
Look, what happened in this country years ago to the black citizens is appalling and never,ever should have happened. We should not continue to keep paying for the sins of others years ago. These constant reminders do nothing for me but make me tune out.

QBR.

You're welcome, or as the illiterate Gen Zers would say, "your welcom."

Only if doesn’t work for another team. Trade him and the other team assumes his salary. Fire him and it’s likely (we keep hearing) that another team will hire him within ten minutes. If he elects to sit at home or get a TV job then Deuce still has to pay him.
And we aren't talking peanuts either, Shades is drawing top 5 $ of all coaches of all sports in the world, no small price for Deuce to pay and that drives Rooneys absolutely nuts to pay for something they aren't getting. Those cheap bas---s just can't stomach the concept. Just can't swallow it.

This can't be a Tomlin vs. Cowher comparison. Way too far removed and completely irrelevant. It's Tomlin vs. the expectations for this team and 4 out of 17 seasons with a playoff win isn't cutting it. IMO, here are the options to move this team forward.

1. Tomlin stays with 1-year extension. This is a bad scenario because it'll be very difficult to bring in a good OC because of the potential instability. It really only provides one year to turn around the worst offense in the league.

2. Tomlin stays with a 3-year extension. If you want Tomlin gone, this is a terrible scenario, but it would be the stabilizing force to hire a top offensive mind. Open the checkbook and bring in a proven offensive staff to work with a young, up-and-comer as OC. They need a proven QB and OL coach and take a chance with one of the offensive coaching trees having so much success.

3. Fire Tomlin. Now you get your pick of coaches. I'm leaning toward an offensive coach because if you do get a good OC who turns it around, they'll get hired very quickly. There are some good options with Ben Johnson being the top OC right now and I'd consider Jim Harbaugh as I think he's a coach who can have a quick turnaround for this team.

A new OC or a new HC also puts the QB situation in limbo.

Bring in a new OC/HC and sign Kirk Cousins and you are instant contenders for the division.
Keep Kenny Pickett as the starter and next year's team is a huge question mark, leaning toward another year of struggling on offense.
Draft a QB in the first. It's a huge question mark, but maybe you have a QB with more upside.

A new HC or new OC would probably be happy with a new QB.
Honestly with this coaching staff, I have no idea what the Steelers have as far at talent goes. Kenny may not be the guy, but how the hell can we actually know?
Recently players have left and been successful elsewhere, how does that happen?

And we aren't talking peanuts either, Shades is drawing top 5 $ of all coaches of all sports in the world, no small price for Deuce to pay and that drives Rooneys absolutely nuts to pay for something they aren't getting. Those cheap bas---s just can't stomach the concept. Just can't swallow it.
The average person would say this. It's not how much ut costs me to not have Tomlin Coach. It's how much the next guy costs which considering they are almost certainly going young will not be that much. So you can be back here December 2024 same bat time and same bat channel or you can eat the 5 million you will pay new guy. The really bad money decision is Tomlin for another year or two at 10 each. So if you want to appeal to cheap skate that is what you say.
Just checked Zach Taylor 4.5 million. He could coach three circles around shades. Jesus they paid most of that to CoolieMan's Corner that never played a down.

And in the second and third year of the deal you will have paid Mike's 12.5. New guy 1st year 4.5. Second year 4.5. Third year 4.5. By end of third year you recouped almost every dime of not paying him in 2025.
Check that. You are 12.5 and 4.5 for 17 million in 2024 plus 4.5 for 2025 for a total of 21.5 million vs. 25 million for Tomlin with almost mandatory 1 year extension. This should really not be an issue at all.

Last edited:
Right. I think that’s one way Deuce may get rid of him, with a pay cut.
“Mike, you ain’t won **** in 13 years, why am I paying you a top 5 salary?”

Last edited:
I realize this is a sore spot for many of you who do not like in ultra woke Canada but I really hope the focus stays on the product snd the leadership and steers clear of anything that muddied the water into anything to do with race. The coach couod be a trans-Philippine lady boy. If THEY could win championships THEY could be the coach of my team.

Reactions: xjx
I realize this is a sore spot for many of you who do not like in ultra woke Canada but I really hope the focus stays on the product snd the leadership and steers clear of anything that muddied the water into anything to do with race. The coach couod be a trans-Philippine lady boy. If THEY could win championships THEY could be the coach of my team.
No one here gives a rats *** what race the next Steeler HC happens to be as long as he’s the right man for the job.
A leader of men, knows how to provide discipline to EVERYONE not just some, is innovative and in tune with TODAYS NFL not YESTERYEARS. Hires the best coordinators and position coaches and not his longtime friends.
Yeah, no one here cares what race he is just as long as he’s the right guy for this job.
No one ever cared that Tomlin was a minority hire as long as he was the right guy for this job.

No one here gives a rats *** what race the next Steeler HC happens to be as long as he’s the right man for the job.
A leader of men, knows how to provide discipline to EVERYONE not just some, is innovative and in tune with TODAYS NFL not YESTERYEARS. Hires the best coordinators and position coaches and not his longtime friends.
Yeah, no one here cares what race he is just as long as he’s the right guy for this job.
No one ever cared that Tomlin was a minority hire as long as he was the right guy for this job.
I agree. Let's just keep the eye on the ball of those facts. Not the politics he has on his shirt.

I agree. Let's just keep the eye on the ball of those facts. Not the politics he has on his shirt.
Just not liking to see this displayed by a HC on the sidelines of prime time game.
Seems like constantly shoving it down our throats and we get it. We really do get it.
Most on here I think would just like to keep it strictly football and nothing else.
No politics, no equity, just football.
Wear your Pittsburgh Steeler attire and not try and make statements.