• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Shades takes jabs at Canada

Lloyd

Reaction score
I don't really think you can call it that, but the editors did. Any ways, I am SO glad to hear Tomlin says words are cheap and he'd rather SHOW the difference with this offense this season.

https://www.steelernation.com/2024/09/03/steelers-mike-tomlin-punch-matt-canada

"I’m not interested in making you comfortable today to be quite honest with you. Those are just words and really at the end of the day, it’s somewhat meaningless. We will have an opportunity to put some tape out there this weekend that’s kind of reflective of that discussion."

The writer says Shades took some swipes at Canada, but I don't really think he did as much as he did at himself for last year's epic meltdown on offense, he merely said last year's fiasco wasn't on Smith at all.

This is obviously a rent free thread for Lloyd. He lives in his own fears….obviously.

Tomlin can STFU already. "I'm not a talker, I'm a do'er" is complete horseshit. All he does is flap the gums and speak in platitudes while NOTHING actually gets done.

Tomlin can STFU already. "I'm not a talker, I'm a do'er" is complete horseshit. All he does is flap the gums and speak in platitudes while NOTHING actually gets done.
Mediocrity gets done

Wait, what do you mean? Rookie QBs and RBs have complained about the lack of discipline at team practices. Rookies. That's how bad the team is lacking discipline. But he's a "doer."

you mean flipping over the "greatest hits of groundhog's day" record and giving it another spin isn't getting something done?

Wait, what do you mean? Rookie QBs and RBs have complained about the lack of discipline at team practices. Rookies. That's how bad the team is lacking discipline. But he's a "doer."
were those rookies coming from a higher caliber coached team? Go Dawgs!!!

JuJu kinda clowned the coaching in Pittsburgh too when he went to KC where they you know...actually coach guys up

Dotson and Green both looked instantly improved too when they left the land of the uncoached...I'm sensing a trend

were those rookies coming from a higher caliber coached team? Go Dawgs!!!

JuJu kinda clowned the coaching in Pittsburgh too when he went to KC where they you know...actually coach guys up

Dotson and Green both looked instantly improved too when they left the land of the uncoached...I'm sensing a trend
I'm not sure what level of sarcasm you're reaching for here (if any), but the examples are clearly there that players seem to do better after leaving (except WRs when Ben was here).

Last edited:
I'm not sure what level of sarcasm your reaching for here (if any), but the examples are clearly there that players seem to do better after leaving (except WRs when Ben was here).
zero sarcasm

firmly believe that nearly every positive accolade thrown Mike's way in terms of his coaching prowess was a result of riding BB's coat tails

he does seem to be a high moral character dude, so there's that...but that doesn't equal wins when they matter, and I don't give two squats if he's a cool guy/good dude