• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

She declares there's no crisis. She removes the National Guard and now...

We do need immigrants because without it our population would decrease. Economically, that's not really ideal or good.

In a perfect world, you want about 1-2% population growth and 3-4% economic growth. That's "humming" in an established economy like ours. You want 4-5% interest rates. You want people to have some degree of savings and low short-term debt. You want home ownership. You want manufacturing to be 20%+ of the workforce.

I mean, this isn't hard. In a free market economy it often happens on its own with little to no government intervention and solid regulations and enforcement. You just can't rock the boat.

I've been around now watching and being part of the economy for 30+ years. It shocks me how many bad decisions happen on a macro-economic scale with our government. How much they "try to help" and it just really makes it worse (or helps much to little for the amount spent).

I love Trump and his economy (its much better than anything under Obama) but there are kinks in the armor. We need to control fed spending. The top tax bracket didn't need to be lowered. With more income and less spending, the fed can raise interest rates to more healthy levels. We need to cut social programs. When the economy is good you need to CUT fed spending. The people can take care of themselves. Jobs are there. States are making good revenue to make things work.

But immigrants are an important point of economic growth. The key is more growth than population increase.

The natives can produce kids as well. If you stop aborting your citizens you don't need immigrants. Also there are still people on the sidelines that aren't working. We don't have a population problem. We have an immigration problem. Liberals want to replace the native population with more democrats. I'd stop immigration cold. Nobody from nowhere would get in. We don't need more people.

Ignorant 3rd worlders that don’t assimilate are not going to save our nation. What they will do is Balkanize the country. Close the borders and end the welfare state and we will be fine.