• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Shots fired at Trump Rally

Hmmm.... how coincidental that Tibs after a long absence made an appearance just before this assassination attempt.
Where's wig the conspiracy theorist? LOL
I've had Tibs & Flog blocked for years. I just don't interact with them and thus don't worry about respecting or not respecting.

I've had Tibs & Flog blocked for years. I just don't interact with them and thus don't worry about respecting or not respecting.
Yeah, if you already didn't know, he started a thread today after a quite a long hiatus.

Also no idea how someone in the crowd gets shot.
Are you retarded? Seriously. Trump is encircled by hundreds of people. Several shots are fired at him. All shots go past him. Did you think the bullets evaporated after missing the intended target? Seriously... No idea how someone in the crowd got shot? You can't be this dumb. Can't!

He’s the patsy. The fact that the roof where the “shooter” was killed was 125 yards from Trump with a clear shot and was apparently unmonitored tells me this was an inside job. How secret service allowed that is unfathomable. That whole detail should be fired and brought up on charges. They won’t though because there is no accountability in government.
I certainly agree with your Secret Service comments. Hollywood always glorifies them as heroes,reality seems quite different.
All these pictures in this thread with Donald down on the floor,but allowed to get up and raise his fist? I can’t believe any competent security detail would allow their client to be exposed like that. Very, very hard questions should be asked and answered on the performance of the SS….

Question for you Sarge. With the incredible advancement of Drone technology, why does the Secret Service or for that fact,whichever law enforcement agency including military not use this as a huge asset for protection detail like this. Surely they can be used for detection on rooftops,windows etc. Or am I mistaken? Are they being used for this type of security detail?

I don't know why I'm getting my blood pressure up. I mean, I fully expected it. But, between X, tic toc & face book, the number of idiots expressing sadness or disappointment that Trump wasn't killed is mind-boggling.

I don't know why I'm getting my blood pressure up. I mean, I fully expected it. But, between X, tic toc & face book, the number of idiots expressing sadness or disappointment that Trump wasn't killed is mind-boggling.

It shows you how much we are failing as a society and how deep the moral decay has gone.

It doesn't take long.

So you don’t want them pardoned? Yes or No?
Yes. Trumped up charges, entrapment. The ringleader, Ray Epps, is allegedly an FBI informant and somehow never went to jail while people convicted of lesser crimes are.

Thats seems to be the popular opinion. I'm in general an optimistic person, but have been a pessimist over Trumps chances, and still am even after this incident.

One way I see the possibility of dems recovering from this with the help of the media is a full-blown campaign expressing condemnation for this act (as disingenuous as it may be) in order to make Americans feel better.

I don't know. Someone enlighten me on how the presidency now is a shoe in for Trump.
Honestly? It was just my first thought when I saw the photo of him with his bloodied ear and his fist in the air. It’s an iconic historical moment. Reading social media today brings me a bit down to earth. The number of idiots in this world never ceases to amaze me. Particularly the number who think this was staged by Trump. Like you could plan to have a bullet from 150 yards away graze your ear but not kill you.

so reports are it was a 20 year old male from PA
The late Thomas Crooks of Bethel Park in Allegheny County.
I told ya the shooter had to be an import.

I lived in McMurray for years, right next door and have a bunch of relatives in Bethel Park.

Question for you Sarge. With the incredible advancement of Drone technology, why does the Secret Service or for that fact,whichever law enforcement agency including military not use this as a huge asset for protection detail like this. Surely they can be used for detection on rooftops,windows etc. Or am I mistaken? Are they being used for this type of security detail?
I can’t answer that. Security details aren’t really my specialty. However, I would think that drone technology could be a useful asset in that regard. At the same time, it is also a liability having something in the air when the protectee is exposed in the open like that. Still, I would think that rooftops is like week one material at the secret service school. There were multiple failures that allowed this to happen. Lucky the guy was a piss poor shot.

20 years old. That means he was around 16 when Biden took office and just 12 when Trump was elected.

That's the power of media pumping out 24/7 about how Orange Man is bad. I wonder what the antifa ties are? Those people are delusional and poisoned by the left.

Honestly? It was just my first thought when I saw the photo of him with his bloodied ear and his fist in the air. It’s an iconic historical moment. Reading social media today brings me a bit down to earth. The number of idiots in this world never ceases to amaze me. Particularly the number who think this was staged by Trump. Like you could plan to have a bullet from 150 yards away graze your ear but not kill you.
Yeah, reading twitter last night was sad. It only reinforced my belief that America is in the midst of the largest mental health crisis the earth has ever seen.

Yeah, reading twitter last night was sad. It only reinforced my belief that America is in the midst of the largest mental health crisis the earth has ever seen.
You can see that mental health decline in this thread.

Any diminishment of an assassination attempt on a president is a demonstration of the weakness of the people.

You can tell who has fired a gun and who hasn't. Same people watch Walking Dead and think it's easy to make a head shot with a handgun first time every time.

I've found it better to pull weeds from the garden,than to roll around in them.

With that being said, there's plenty of mma/boxing gyms you could throw down in for hard "sparring." All nice and legal.

No boxing. MMA is the way to go. Boxing is as dead as Lenin.

20 years old. That means he was around 16 when Biden took office and just 12 when Trump was elected.

That's the power of media pumping out 24/7 about how Orange Man is bad. I wonder what the antifa ties are? Those people are delusional and poisoned by the left.
TBH I personally know three guys, two I grew up with and one is a little younger, who are so unhinged with TDS that if the news reported it was any one of them I wouldn't have been surprised.

You can tell who has fired a gun and who hasn't. Same people watch Walking Dead and think it's easy to make a head shot with a handgun first time every time.

Yep. Sarge has 20+ years experience shooting a .226 or 5.56 from 100, 200, 300 yards. Most don't. The range in Arizona I used to attend - not to fire guns obviously since guns scare me - has a 200 yard area for shooting.

To hit from 150 yards, you need to be experienced. In the movies, when you line up a shot from 150 yards, the scope is as still as a picture and the reticle is perfectly aligned. In real life, the scope is jittering a millimeter here and there, and it looks like the reticle is dancing. Much, much harder than most think.

Sarge has simply done it for so long that it's like walking for him - he doesn't even need to think about it. Not true for all but the most experienced shooters.

Yep. Sarge has 20+ years experience shooting a .226 or 5.56 from 100, 200, 300 yards. Most don't. The range in Arizona I used to attend - not to fire guns obviously since guns scare me - has a 200 yard area for shooting.

To hit from 150 yards, you need to be experienced. In the movies, when you line up a shot from 150 yards, the scope is as still as a picture and the reticle is perfectly aligned. In real life, the scope is jittering a millimeter here and there, and it looks like the reticle is dancing. Much, much harder than most think.

Sarge has simply done it for so long that it's like walking for him - he doesn't even need to think about it. Not true for all but the most experienced shooters.
Admittedly I only have handguns, until they were lost when my fishing boat capsized, but when I started going to the range several years ago I'm standing perfectly still, controlled environment, lined the sight up perfectly, and at 30 yards I missed the entire target by three feet. I've since gotten better but Mrs. Burgundy is still more accurate than me.
Not surprising to me that a 20 year-old mom's basement dweller who's maybe practiced a little bit missed his target (Trump) and killed someone else. Frankly I'm surprised he winged Trump at all.
Lee Harvey Oswald was at least in the military for a while and presumably had some training.

Last edited: