• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Shots fired at Trump Rally

Here is a map from BBC. Anyone behind Trump would be blocked by the buildings. The area is pretty open except for where the shooter was and another building in front of Trump. Looks like the water tower should have also been something that should be secured. Other than that w/ 2 snipers scanning I just dont see how the guy was missed especially if the guy was carrying a ladder. The rooftop may have already had access ladders on it for maintenance purposes though.
View attachment 12813
I've seen other diagrams and a photo claiming to show the path of the bullet heading for Trump but I'm not understanding how Trump got shot in the right ear if the shooter was to the left.

Do you suppose they had to get permission to engage?
The only reasonable explanation, if they noticed or were told, is they were waiting for confirmation that it wasn't another security guy.

I've seen other diagrams and a photo claiming to show the path of the bullet heading for Trump but I'm not understanding how Trump got shot in the right ear if the shooter was to the left.
Trump's left or the crowds' left?

Trump's left or the crowds' left?
Trump's left.

13election-live-photo-assess-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Trump's left.

13election-live-photo-assess-articleLarge-v2.jpg
I think maybe thats the bullet passing by his head and not on it's way towards him? You can see the crowd look to trump's right as the shots are heard.

Trump turned and faced the right side of the audience

If he was facing straight out it likely hits the the side of his head

The only reasonable explanation, if they noticed or were told, is they were waiting for confirmation that it wasn't another security guy.
Saw one post with audio that says it took 5.8 seconds from the sound of the first shot to the time the sniper returned fire

As I posted before. I think they were scanning the area and when the shot was fired the sniper looks away from the scope and spots the shooter. Then engages and takes him out

Well, you seem to have great knowledge in Presidential security planning, ballistics, marksmanship and large event designs. I don't think I can answer your concerns except to say, what you find nearly impossible is obviously, possible.
If you look at the layout it is common sense as to where highest security risks would be at. The shooters roof is position A. The other roof is not flat. Second would be the water tower. Everything else is more obscured unless the guy is climbing trees. A shooter in the crowd would have a difficult time. Not sure how you can argue any of that. As far as ballistics its not that difficult to figure out how much bullet drop you would get or sight your scope in for that distance. If the guy was just a deranged individual I could see him missing the shot, but I could not see him getting past security. If it was an inside job then I would think they would have someone more trained who would have never missed that shot. I just think there is 0 chance SS or law enforcement would have left that rooftop unguarded w/o "special orders."

The man authorities say attempted to assassinate former President Trump had explosives inside his car found parked near the Pennsylvania rally, according to a new report.

Law enforcement discovered the car, which was driven by Thomas Matthew Crooks, parked near the Trump rally in Butler, Pa., The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people briefed on the investigation.

The Journal said authorities dispatched bomb technicians after police received multiple reports of suspicious packages around near where the shooter was located.

The one thing gun control nuts never understand is that the mentally unstable will simply move to another method if denied a gun... if he couldnt get on that roof to take tge shot, maybe he plants a bomb or tries to drive into the event and blow up...

The one thing gun control nuts never understand is that the mentally unstable will simply move to another method if denied a gun... if he couldnt get on that roof to take tge shot, maybe he plants a bomb or tries to drive into the event and blow up...
The Box Truck Of Peace.

If you look at the layout it is common sense as to where highest security risks would be at. The shooters roof is position A. The other roof is not flat. Second would be the water tower. Everything else is more obscured unless the guy is climbing trees. A shooter in the crowd would have a difficult time. Not sure how you can argue any of that. As far as ballistics its not that difficult to figure out how much bullet drop you would get or sight your scope in for that distance. If the guy was just a deranged individual I could see him missing the shot, but I could not see him getting past security. If it was an inside job then I would think they would have someone more trained who would have never missed that shot. I just think there is 0 chance SS or law enforcement would have left that rooftop unguarded w/o "special orders."
So why don't you just come out and say you think the SS set up Trump.

The View will be interesting on Monday as Joy, Joy, and Whoopi try to hide their disappointment that the shooter missed.

Except Biden hardly leaves the White House and only takes the choppuh between there and his home in Delaware. And he REALLY isn't going to leave the White House now, hell he wouldn't leave his basement during the last campaign because he was afraid of Covid.

Covid. And dementia. But mainly Covid, sure. Maybe a bit more the dementia thing. Okay, because of the dementia.

I am struggling to figure that out as well. Shooter in front of Trump and to his left at about 30 degrees. Trump turns to his right so his right ear is basically not even visible at the moment the bullet arrives. Cannot explain.

I think Sojourner was talking about other people, not himself.
Except for 2020 and 2024 when we only had once choice (Trump), since 1996 I have never voted for the GOP's eventual nominee in the primary.
Alan Keyes, Ron Paul, or Rand Paul.

Yeah, ok. Make sense. I was thrown off of that Heinz Field site over a decade ago by a POS mod (Aeryk?) the very second he found out that I was conservative, The party of tolerance has zero tolerance. Total dweeb site.

Okay, diagram posted by Booted just now clarifies - shooter was to Trump's RIGHT, not his left.

Wait, I am forgetting wig's conspiracy rule #1.

Would be interesting to know who determined that cluster of buildings was outside the secure zone.

Maybe it was just a massive **** up on behalf of SS and a lone nut but the whole thing stinks of something deeper like how they left him totally exposed multiple times getting him into the vehicle. I don't know.

I am struggling to figure that out as well. Shooter in front of Trump and to his left at about 30 degrees. Trump turns to his right so his right ear is basically not even visible at the moment the bullet arrives. Cannot explain.
Might have hit Trump's ear from the back side but it didn't look like his head was turned that far.
Maybe one of those magic bullets that can change direction like hit JFK. :unsure:

I think maybe thats the bullet passing by his head and not on it's way towards him? You can see the crowd look to trump's right as the shots are heard.
That is what I think.