• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Shots fired at Trump Rally

It seems this inconvenient truth has escaped most folks minds just 6 weeks post event.....

How can this happen? - You ask
Why aren't more people outraged? - You wonder

May I remind you, my father, whom I love and respect said something to me that was absolutely chilling.

Months ago, I was talking to him about J'Biden vs Trump. (My Step-Mother grew up a wealthy socialite in Pittsburgh (Oliver family) and she is fully liberal in her beliefs. Over time my moderate father has evolved to nonsensical liberal. (He has a number of guns he lost in some boating accidents over the years, but in spite of that, he sides with liberal policy in calling for stricter laws and harsher punishments for people who own scary weapons. (He was a police officer. He was once fully aware that people are dangerous, not weapons )

He also lives in a beautiful spot in Montana, with incredible views, no crime and fresh air. And he seethes with loathing at "Californians" and "Texans" and "Floridians" who are flooding the area, boosting property taxes & prices while gating off massive ranches, hunting reserves and recreation areas while "expecting everyone to kiss their royal *****."
And yet, he will vote blindly for any D candidate, bill, or other proposal with no thought whatsoever.

When he was lamenting how the media was unfairly presenting J'Biden as an enfeebled, diminished puppet, he began to become irrationally accusatory of the "crooked media" that worked tirelessly smear noble J'Biden while championing that "crooked Son of a..." Trump.

In this context I said, "I'm sure you don't watch Fox news. They're the only American Network that even begins to question Biden and report fairly on Trump." He replied angrily that ALL the network news people were aggressively tearing down Biden, unfairly and in his opinion, criminally."

He was getting to personally invested, so I said (passive aggressively, cause I was irritated too) "Well you won't have to worry about it Dad, cause if it even LOOKS like he might win, they'll kill him."

He looked over at me and said, "You think so?". I replied that I did and he said

"That brings me a lot of comfort. I hope you're right. Thank you."

And if course, after an attempt occurred and I said "What did I say?" He had already joined the "Trump shot himself" crowd.

That was the only time I had to be blatantly disrespectful of my father. I said, "You think he HIRED a guy to shoot him in the earlobe from 140 yards? You were a police officer, you know better than that."

How can this happen? - You ask
Why aren't more people outraged? - You wonder

May I remind you, my father, whom I love and respect said something to me that was absolutely chilling.

Months ago, I was talking to him about J'Biden vs Trump. (My Step-Mother grew up a wealthy socialite in Pittsburgh (Oliver family) and she is fully liberal in her beliefs. Over time my moderate father has evolved to nonsensical liberal. (He has a number of guns he lost in some boating accidents over the years, but in spite of that, he sides with liberal policy in calling for stricter laws and harsher punishments for people who own scary weapons. (He was a police officer. He was once fully aware that people are dangerous, not weapons )

He also lives in a beautiful spot in Montana, with incredible views, no crime and fresh air. And he seethes with loathing at "Californians" and "Texans" and "Floridians" who are flooding the area, boosting property taxes & prices while gating off massive ranches, hunting reserves and recreation areas while "expecting everyone to kiss their royal *****."
And yet, he will vote blindly for any D candidate, bill, or other proposal with no thought whatsoever.

When he was lamenting how the media was unfairly presenting J'Biden as an enfeebled, diminished puppet, he began to become irrationally accusatory of the "crooked media" that worked tirelessly smear noble J'Biden while championing that "crooked Son of a..." Trump.

In this context I said, "I'm sure you don't watch Fox news. They're the only American Network that even begins to question Biden and report fairly on Trump." He replied angrily that ALL the network news people were aggressively tearing down Biden, unfairly and in his opinion, criminally."

He was getting to personally invested, so I said (passive aggressively, cause I was irritated too) "Well you won't have to worry about it Dad, cause if it even LOOKS like he might win, they'll kill him."

He looked over at me and said, "You think so?". I replied that I did and he said

"That brings me a lot of comfort. I hope you're right. Thank you."
The TDS is strong there. I can see it's not possible to have a rational discussion.
My family runs about 75/25 Pubbie/Dim and only the Jewish lawyer branch is truly unhinged. I'm not sure how they feel now since the Dims are the anti-Semite party. Probably vote Green Party.
The Labor people in my family have pretty much died off and the Libs are the educated type who think the country should be run by the "smart" people who went to the "right" schools and the general population is too stupid to know what's good for them.
Somebody complains about Trump, I always say that I'm voting to bring back $2 gas and affordable groceries.

It's amazing what the power of perception can do.
For most just watching all forms of media being pumped into our eyeballs 24/7.

Then you have the politicians. Good grief you had the DNC scream TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP a million times!
Zero policy! They're responsible for what's going on now. They should be bragging on that ****.

The TDS is strong there. I can see it's not possible to have a rational discussion.
My family runs about 75/25 Pubbie/Dim and only the Jewish lawyer branch is truly unhinged. I'm not sure how they feel now since the Dims are the anti-Semite party. Probably vote Green Party.
The Labor people in my family have pretty much died off and the Libs are the educated type who think the country should be run by the "smart" people who went to the "right" schools and the general population is too stupid to know what's good for them.
Somebody complains about Trump, I always say that I'm voting to bring back $2 gas and affordable groceries.
ha. i hear you. i got my *** chewed for liking a post that said "if you support this attempt/assassination, delete me" that a cousin posted.

That's all i did - like the comment.

you'd have thought i was leading a klan rally with how I got so much backlash.

ha. i hear you. i got my *** chewed for liking a post that said "if you support this attempt/assassination, delete me" that a cousin posted.

That's all i did - like the comment.

you'd have thought i was leading a klan rally with how I got so much backlash.
I unfriended all my relatives with TDS quite some time ago. **** 'em.

I think the media has talked more about the "incident" at Arlington than they did the assassination attempt.

Why is it so ******* hard to get information from these people?