• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Site question

DesertSteel

Reaction score
I don't really see a place to ask this question, so I'll ask here. If you subscribe/donate, does it kill the ads, or do they continue regardless? They are extremely annoying. I don't mind some, but it's excessive. I'm willing to pay to make them stop!!

I contributed to the main site, but as far as i can tell the ads here are exactly the same… i dont think there is a connection… but its mostly just a pop up in the corner… and it can be closed if it is in the way…

You can take 50% of what I say and assume I am wrong.50% and assume it is made up. And the other 50% I would verify it. Unless of course I provide a link.

With you, that “LINK” is critical.!

Sausage is good, but PEPPERED thick slice BACON, is real !!!!

Salute the nation

I have a question as well. When I try to comment on an article within the article it asks me to log in but says I don't have an account when obviously I do. Are they not linked under the same account?

I have a question as well. When I try to comment on an article within the article it asks me to log in but says I don't have an account when obviously I do. Are they not linked under the same account?
No, you need another account for the news site. They are completely different websites. The forum is Xenforo which is a forum software. They can't be intertwined.

No, you need another account for the news site. They are completely different websites. The forum is Xenforo which is a forum software. They can't be intertwined.
I figured it was something like that but thought I would ask. Will we ever have an option to not have most ads with a subscription?

The forum ads on an iphone mostly pop up in an easy to close window… imo it isn’t a huge issue to close em if they get in the way…

I browse the forum, and the news site with all the ads turned on daily. I think it's extremely overblown. Especially here. If you just ignore them and go about your business they shouldn't effect you in anyway besides having to scroll down a little further. I understand why some don't want them, but without them the forum goes bye bye.

I browse the forum, and the news site with all the ads turned on daily. I think it's extremely overblown. Especially here. If you just ignore them and go about your business they shouldn't effect you in anyway besides having to scroll down a little further. I understand why some don't want them, but without them the forum goes bye bye.

I have ZERO add issues here. This by far is a great forum.

Thanks to YOU, 81 and all the rest involved who work behind the scenes, in front of the scenes, moderate, podcast, and anyone else involved, THANK YOU.

Salute the nation

I get adds on the top, on each side and at the bottom, not to mention the whole screen what I go from one page to another. Sometimes it's not worth the hassle. I use a MacBook pro.

I get adds on the top, on each side and at the bottom, not to mention the whole screen what I go from one page to another. Sometimes it's not worth the hassle. I use a MacBook pro.

I thought I was the only one. When I posted this question quite a while ago, I got crickets.
I had ads popping up on the left, right, up, down, constantly. It was so bad it drastically slowed down my ability to post. I type a word or letter and it takes 5 seconds to appear.
Made this site unusable.
I found this free app called AdGuard, and presto! I don't get any more annoying YOUTUBE ads either! Thats right, no more "Ad will end in 5 seconds" messages!

One thing odd tho. I use Microsoft Edge. Some months ago I happened to use Google Chrome, and the ads returned.
I'm not computer savvy enough to understand why the ad blocker works with Edge but not Chrome.

Maybe try using another browser first.