• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So here we are again...

It's comedy when people blame the coaches or a 2nd year QB for organizational issues.

Someone even tried to CREDIT ownership for making moves when ownership is at the root of each and every problem. The most glaring recent error is keeping around the former franchise QB way past his expiration date instead of getting a boatload of picks for him.

As for MT, he is as good as anyone in the league. You may hate him but no one cares about your feelings. He's a solid coach.

Blame the boss, blame the operations manager but don't dare blame labor. Labor is just a long for the ride of this .500 train and there is no end in sight until ownership gets a clue and the FO gets a QB

It's comedy when people blame the coaches or a 2nd year QB for organizational issues.

Someone even tried to CREDIT ownership for making moves when ownership is at the root of each and every problem. The most glaring recent error is keeping around the former franchise QB way past his expiration date instead of getting a boatload of picks for him.

As for MT, he is as good as anyone in the league. You may hate him but no one cares about your feelings. He's a solid coach.

Blame the boss, blame the operations manager but don't dare blame labor. Labor is just a long for the ride of this .500 train and there is no end in sight until ownership gets a clue and the FO gets a QB
Solid coach that hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years, longest drought since the 60's. Tomlin interviewed the FO, LOL, Tomlin is calling the shots on the personnel. Yep, look at all the teams that have traded franchises QB's for a boatload of picks.

Unless you're Rich Eisen, then it's amazing and we're idiot for even suggesting a new HC.
Never a losing season. Greatest coach ever.

Honestly, I dont remember, just remember going on the website and going on a rant telling the steelers fans to get there head out of there A-- and stop being happy about finishing a game over .500, its just sad to see.
heard just assumed you where banned

The casuals will always show up. It's hopeless...we just have to wait till Mikey reaches the last page of his thesaurus and leaves.

The owners were smart when they came up with the PSL (personal seat license), that in itself will guarantee attendance. Look what happened for the 49ers game, they took over the stadium due to the selling of the season tickek holder’s tickets.

Coach Tomlin is here as long as he seems to want to be here. This year is the closest he has come to having to be gone. The season isn’t over yet, but the fear of losing him has subsided.

I see a win Saturday gets an extension, a play off win would get him 5 more years.

He is more than a QB away from contending, but that’s not what you need here, .500 or above seems to be the ticket.

Salute the nation

They were stuck with Ben. He wasn't going to go and play anywhere else, so they stuck with him rather than have him retire a little early. Not saying it was the right choice...just saying it's not the choice you make it out to be. Besides he put up some decent numbers until Canada showed up.

They were stuck with Ben. He wasn't going to go and play anywhere else, so they stuck with him rather than have him retire a little early. Not saying it was the right choice...just saying it's not the choice you make it out to be. Besides he put up some decent numbers until Canada showed up.
I'm not sure why everyone says the stuck with Ben to long, or they were stuck with him. He threw for 5100+ yards and 34 TD's the year before he blew his elbow out, why they hell would you get rid of him after a season like that? Then after his elbow surgery, he threw for 3800+ and 33 TD's in 15 games.

I'm not sure why everyone says the stuck with Ben to long, or they were stuck with him. He threw for 5100+ yards and 34 TD's the year before he blew his elbow out, why they hell would you get rid of him after a season like that? Then after his elbow surgery, he threw for 3800+ and 33 TD's in 15 games.
The numbers are gaudy but not the whole story. Was (is) the team looking to the future or living in the past? You buy low and sell high especially with football players.

We have a proven strategy for .500 seasons. Awesome.

The numbers are gaudy but not the whole story. Was (is) the team looking to the future or living in the past? You buy low and sell high especially with football players.

We have a proven strategy for .500 seasons. Awesome.
seems to have worked out perfectly, they kept Ben, then ended up with the first QB in the draft.

You buy low and sell high especially with football players.

So, you draft college players with unknown upsides, develop them into great NFL caliber players, then trade them for more college players with unknown upsides?

Sounds like a great way to get rich quick build a football team! :unsure:

Speedinut: take a look around at how other organizations are doing business and get back to me

Take a look at belicheat and newsome and report back. Talk soon

The owners were smart when they came up with the PSL (personal seat license), that in itself will guarantee attendance. Look what happened for the 49ers game, they took over the stadium due to the selling of the season tickek holder’s tickets.

Coach Tomlin is here as long as he seems to want to be here. This year is the closest he has come to having to be gone. The season isn’t over yet, but the fear of losing him has subsided.

I see a win Saturday gets an extension, a play off win would get him 5 more years.

He is more than a QB away from contending, but that’s not what you need here, .500 or above seems to be the ticket.
Only way Shades leaves, and I wouldn’t rule it out, is if the FO tells him they’re firing his coaching staff full of buddies and he doesn’t have any say in hiring new people (they should). Further, he WILL let the OC C the O and the DC C the D. Will that happen? Dunno, but it should. That will be the only to run him off.

4-12 Belicheat? no thanks
He's won 2 Super Bowl's and been to a 3rd since the last time we just won a playoff game, I'd take that with a 4-12 record anyday.

Speedinut: take a look around at how other organizations are doing business and get back to me

Take a look at belicheat and newsome and report back. Talk soon
Your premise is the Steelers should have traded Ben before he retired. Now your saying look at Belichek. Patriots have been also rans since they let their franchise quarterback go - as a free agent, not traded

People will close their eyes to facts and say anything that supports their position. It's the nature of the human I guess

Congratulations to everyone on another non-loser season and pray for a playoff berth and victory this month because the organizational philosophy has become obvious. And it's ugly

People will close their eyes to facts and say anything that supports their position. It's the nature of the human I guess

Congratulations to everyone on another non-loser season and pray for a playoff berth and victory this month because the organizational philosophy has become obvious. And it's ugly
can you explain your Belicheat mention?

Honestly, I dont remember, just remember going on the website and going on a rant telling the steelers fans to get there head out of there A-- and stop being happy about finishing a game over .500, its just sad to see.
I don’t think that’s anyone here.
The Steelers FB groups are a different story.